N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

"it takes years to get handstyles, takes years to learn history, takes years to earn your stripes man." that's what this city is missing... all this talk about style is pointless when what matters is the time you spend with a pen/paper. end of story

dude pen and paper arent the only things that make a good writer. You can practice at home as much as you want but you still need experience to develop. Being a complete homebody on the internet all the time is not going to make you a good writer. Perhaps a knowledgeable one, but at the end of the day nothing can replace the lessons that actually being in the mix of shit will teach you.

you can spew as much played out graff rhetoric as you want you still cant fake the funk of authenticity my "padawan"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

to be fair making a jump from pen to can is a big step. practice makes perfect in both but neither one is the only way. theres tons of "book bombers" that could wow you but never put in any work. and theres kids that skip practice and spray the first shit that comes to mind and we all know what that looks like. balance is everything

Experience comes last. Practicing and doing your homework is the first thing to do when it comes to anything your trying to do in life.

do you think any of the writers you look up to spent their formative years sitting at home waiting to get out there?

experience and real life add character, and that character is what gives a person the inspiration to express ill styles in my opinion.

if a person has a tough throw up, a certain style that conveys a certain emotion like aggresiveness or confidence ( a characteristic i think new york style is known for) that feeling being conveyed is coming from within them.

basically if ur guna be a sketchbook nerd that sits on 12oz all day your never guna have that funk that makes a writer ill.

You gotta get up to get down man.

i hope my coments arent misconstrued as some egotistical bullshit.

to be fair making a jump from pen to can is a big step. practice makes perfect in both but neither one is the only way. theres tons of "book bombers" that could wow you but never put in any work. and theres kids that skip practice and spray the first shit that comes to mind and we all know what that looks like. balance is everything

well put,

also going out there and being a toy and scribbling some bullshit is an important part of developing as a writer, you cant let yourself be completely raised by the internet. You gota go out there and get your hands dirty.

Just for the record I'm not a sketchbook writer. I was just conveying the fact that people were talking about styes in the past pages and I was giving them a piece of mind. This city is missing a major factor to graffiti witch is the talent portion and the only way to get talent is to work on it and painting is a big step but you have to take baby steps first to be able to get that talent style what ever your trying to do.

Graffiti is a good talent to have. To be able to draw letters that look nice to the eye is a big difference then just getting up. Half of new york just bomb because they want to/its fun/the fame but when it comes down to it. People wont take you serious unless you have the talent to show that your nice at what you do. Personally I'm not the type to risk my freedom for something I'm not good at doing you feel me? I'd rather be dope and when you get caught it'd be worth it apposed to the opposite.

Just for the record I'm not a sketchbook writer. I was just conveying the fact that people were talking about styes in the past pages and I was giving them a piece of mind. This city is missing a major factor to graffiti witch is the talent portion and the only way to get talent is to work on it and painting is a big step but you have to take baby steps first to be able to get that talent style what ever your trying to do.

what piece of your mind were you giving, the same bullshit rhetoric you constantly repeat,

"you gotta practice man the youngins dont practice"

wow how insightful thank you for that gem of advice.

talent isnt just graff theory, its applying it as well.

like fuki said, BALANCE young dumpring

what piece of your mind were you giving, the same bullshit rhetoric you constantly repeat,

"you gotta practice man the youngins dont practice"

wow how insightful thank you for that gem of advice.

talent isnt just graff theory, its applying it as well.

like fuki said, BALANCE young dumpring

My guy balance is what it is but you have to start out somewhere.....if you want to be "dope,nice,have talent" you have to start out on paper apposed to a wall. Then if you want to take shit serious "witch is a personal decision* you can hit the streets and learn the ways and get "experience". Stop trying to act hard on here...its not a good look on you

My guy balance is what it is but you have to start out somewhere.....if you want to be "dope,nice,have talent" you have to start out on paper apposed to a wall. Then if you want to take shit serious "witch is a personal decision* you can hit the streets and learn the ways and get "experience". Stop trying to act hard on here...its not a good look on you

me calling you out on your bullshit isnt me acting hard. You sound like a kid completely raised by the internet in this graff shit and that is wack to me. who sits there and says ima stick to paper forever until im good enough. Whos to decide that your shit is good or bad unless your actually out there puting it up.

everyone starts off wack but atleast they start off. and as they grow they find their place in the game. practicing shouldnt be so completely calculated it should be some shit you just do naturally. If you dont have an ounce of heart in you youre never guna get anywhere.

its funny how you criticize "toys" for not being able to take criticism. But when its given to you, you get but hurt