info on consumerism

sexME.1ER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Nice film although I def didnt learn anything new.

Question, What do people think the effects of theft have on this consumer cycle?

For example, If rather than just buying more ethicly and with a sence of enviromental responcibility, this was combined with large scale theft of other products. Would this have a positive effect enviromentaly? Or even lessen the control corperations have over government?

It seems a funny idea, but something I have been thinking about for a while.

thanks for the link that was a good video

I dont really think stealing huge amounts of products would work if thats what your saying

the Wal-Mart near me I heard from someone that works there that they get about 10-15 TV's stolen a day, and I dont think thats making an impact.

Thats because I doubt 10-15 tv's are stolen daily from that Wal-Mart.

I'm not saying that there isn't a problem, but I like to see documentation of some sort when your just throwing random figures out in the open that I'm supposed to believe.

Regardless we have a way of life here that needs to be changed for the better benefit of everyone.

Ok so more what I was thinking about if people who care about the enviroment and more to the point want to dent the power of global corperations where stealing and actively encouraging other people to do it too.

Could a grass roots movement emerge where it was commonly accepted that ,for example meat wrapped in excessive packaging was essentialy worthless and therfore acceptable to be stolen? Could this have a significant impact? What level of theft would it take to exceed the level that pre emptive markups and insurance covers up to?

Archived