THE EXCHANGE TOUR 2007

STYLEISKING

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exlogo2-626x338.jpg

http://thegraffitiexchange.blogspot.com/

THE EXCHANGE

The Exchange was started in 2005, with six participants from different areas of the United States. The group is currently made up of 12 members from North America and Europe. The participants of The Exchange pair off into six groups of two, trading names and personal styles through sketches. This step is repeated until everyone in the group has traded outlines at least once.

The sketches are drawn, scanned, and traded via email. They are then printed out and executed bythe receiving artist in their particular city.

The objective is to create an awareness of distinct lettering styles and trends. The goal is for all in the group to be able to become more versatile through attempts at graffiti styles out of their personal comfort zone. The artists in the group may learn new techniques and compositions from the exchange.

NEW MEMBERS

ASKEW (New Zealand)

CAKES (Czech Republic)

CECS (USA)

ENSOE (Canada)

HESOE (Chile)

HONKE (USA)

HOST 18 (USA)

JURNE (USA)

KAPUT (Canada)

PHAT 1 New Zealand)

POET (Germany)

POSE (USA)

ROIDS (UK)

RUETS (USA)

SCOTTY 76 (Germany)

SERVAL (Switzerland)

SIRUM (Australia)

STAE 2 (USA)

TABOO (USA)

ORIGINAL MEMBERS

AROE (UK)

BATES (Denmark)

ESTEME (USA)

EWOK (USA)

KACAO 77 (Germany)

PERSUE (USA)

REVOK (USA)

RIME (USA)

SERCH (Holland)

SEVER (USA)

SNOW (USA)

TOTEM 2 (USA)

YES 2 (USA)

Poet_StaeExch1.jpg

stae2weiß.jpg

jurne+by+poet1edit.jpg

jurne1+by+poet.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

IMG_1441.jpg

Guestreview by Jan Beton

After a week of hard work I decided it was time for a small holiday. No flights to myrtle beach and it's amazing white sand for me but hey, a holiday nevertheless!

And what do most people do when they are on a holiday? Right, they get piss drunk….I don't need a holiday for that!

So what else do people do on their holiday? Read books. Apparently they only have time for it while on holiday.

And since I do have some similarities to other human beings at certain points I decided to take a book with me on my trip.

I still hadn't read "The Exchange" yet, looked like perfect holiday material to me, so I threw it in my suitcase..

IMG_1445.jpg

What I did on this holiday is not of your goddamn business and I'm pretty sure you don't give a rat's ass anyways so let's talk about the book.

Another release in the On the run series, these guys are really killing it.

To be honest if it wasn't from them I probably would have overlooked it in the bookshop.

As it looks a bit like something you would receive as a gift from your aunt "Because I know you like graffiti and it has some on the cover…"

Like giving someone a CD "because I know you love music and there's a microphone on the cover.."

But hey I know better by know, these guys really hit the spot with their series so far…

IMG_1449.jpg

This book is not dedicated to one writer but a whole bunch of them. As you might suspect from the title they exchange sketches.

Writers like Bates, Ewok, Revok and our "own" Serch. The project seemed to be running for a while already, something I missed out on I guess..

I did see some of the pictures already but I didn't know it was part of this exchange project.

IMG_1447.jpg

The idea is rather simple: Let someone else do you a sketch and then paint it yourself. Simple but really cool to see!

Some writers tried to execute their pieces as identical to the sketch as possible, while others really gave their own unique touch to it. Sweet!

The comments from the writers on the execution of the sketch makes a good read. Of course all the original sketches are in the book and the end results.

Some legal, some illegal, a nice mix..Further more every writer gets a mini biography, focussing on their background as a writer and what influenced them throughout the years.

IMG_1448.jpg

The "free work" where they collaborated together are off the hook. This is the stuff I already saw some pictures from before.

Bad ass productions. Love the ones with Serch on them, representing the Dutchies!

IMG_1446.jpg

If you like the idea or the writers featured you don't want to miss out on this book. Like all the other OTR books they cost next to nothing and are a welcome addition to your collection.

10 euros for the softcover version, 15 for the hardcover. I hope the OTR guys keep continuing to release such high quality books at this price as it is a great way to collect some nice graffiti books. Two thumbs up!

IMG_1451.jpg

Archived