MELBOURNE, AUS

AOTPrep

and and for v*sko- hes a street bomber- and hes done his job well....but now its moving into 'overkill' zone. my hat is well and truely off to him- but at this time in the movements life- he might be doing more damage to the scene now than good. this aint a diss- just speaking the truth.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i know graffiti is piss poor and all, but let's dispell a few myths here:

WELCOME TO THE NEW ERA OF WRITERS:

WHERE BEEF IS EITHER RESOLVED WITH SOMEONE GETTING STABBED

OR ABUSED OVER AN INTERNET FORUM

violence in graffiti has been around almost as long as graffiti itself. internet forum shit talk (and all shit talk on the internet, period) has been around as long as the internet has been open to the public.

WHERE WRITERS WITH TALENT ARE ARROGANT FUCKERS

arrogance is evident in many people with talent (and unfortunately, also those without), not just graffiti writers. when the objective of graffiti is mostly ego driven, arrogance goes hand in hand.

WHERE IT IS IN FASHION TO TAG IF YOUR A 15 YEAR OLD ATTENTION SEEKER

if young kids didn't start writing (for whatever reason) then we wouldn't have the competant writers of today. everyone started writing because we thought it was "cool". that's the very nature of trends

WHERE THE MEDIA WRITES ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT

WHERE STEVE BEARDON KNOWS JACK SHIT ABOUT GRAFFITI

the general public have always been bewildered about the mechanics of the graffiti world and have operated from a standpoint of fear and ignorance. while they are still pretty clueless, however, they have a better understanding now than they ever did.

WHERE NEARLY EVERY STYLE IS BITTEN

i would try and argue this point but i could't be fucked, and it would probably put most of you to sleep. it all depends on where you draw the line between influence and plagiarism.

WHERE WHAT ONCE WAS A FRIENDLY COMMUNITY HAS TURNED HARDCORE

again, the graffiti scene has been like this for a very long time. decades, even.

WHERE WE STILL HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT WHAT THE FUCK WE ARE DOING

i don't understand what you mean by this

WHERE A CRACKDOWN HAS BEEN LAUNCHED ON GRAFFITI SINCE MARCH 2006

no, the graffiti battle is as old as graffiti itself. the only thing that changes is how aggressive it is. the graffiti war is a guarenteed vote-getter for politicians, it's not going away anytime soon.

let me add though, that regardless of these measures, you still live in one of the easiest cities to write graffiti in in the world (not including the trains), and the life of a tag/throw/piece in the public eye is far longer than most other cities on earth. make the most of it. count yourselves lucky that you don't live in the US where in some states writing graffiti is categorised with violent crimes and can lead (after a few convictions) to life in prison (i wish i was exhaggerating).

WHERE WRITERS HOLD NO RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER ANYMORE

those that deserve it (we'll use banos as an example - he's someone we can all agree is an excellent and productive writer) do receive it. if you've been writing for 2 years, expect the road to respect and recognition to be a little longer.

WHERE TRIVIAL BEEF RESOLVES IN TRULY AMAZING PIECES BEING DESTROYED AND CAPPED

i think you mean "results in truly...", but i digress - this has also been going on for decades. i'll use cap mpc as an example.

WHERE THE TOY VOSKO DESTROYS MELBOURNE WITH HIS GAY REPETITIVE THROWUPS

throw ups are supposed to be repetitive.

WHERE TAGS ARE PLACED AROUND PIECES TO GET IN "FLICKS"

this has been happening for a few years now, and i agree that spot jocking is probably one of the worst things to come about during the internet age.

WHERE THE MEANING OF HAVING A CREW HAS FUCKED UP

in what way? a crew is a group of people who hang out and paint together. i don't see how that has "fucked up"

WHERE IT IS COOL TO CONFORM AND DO WHAT YOUR MATES DO, TO BE HARDARSES

graffiti is a male dominated activity. macho bravado comes with the territory

WHERE WE HAVE FUCKED UP WHAT ONCE WAS A GREAT THING TO DO, WITH AMAZING STYLE AND GRACE. WE SHOULD ALL LEARN TO LIVE IN PEACE.

true, it would be nice if everyone could "just get along" to use a corny ass catch phrase, but i'm afraid it's not going to happen any time soon. this is an ego driven activity, and with this many egos in one place, there is bound to be conflict.

People think of CI as kings because they have been around for longer than RG, but over the past few years RG is the crew that have undeniably taken over.

Its always RG and CI getting mentioned. What about WCA? If we are talking about style they are the kings.

king king king kong

IM GONNA KILL A FEW BIRDS WITH ONE STONE HERE. THE REASON WHY I AND MANY OTHERS AROUND MELBOURNE DEPLORE VOSKO IS BECAUSE OF HIS WILLINGNESS TO DAMAGE MAD PIECES TO "BECOME KNOWN AS A TANK WHO CANNOT BE STOPPED". THERE WAS AN AWESOME PHIBS PIECE NEAR CANTEBURY STATION, A GREAT PIECE FROM PHIBS, AND THEN IN A FEW WEEKS AFTER IT WAS COMPLETED VOSK CAME AND DESTROYED IT WITH A SHITTY QUICK "VS" THROWIE. WHEN I MENTIONED THAT VOSKO WAS A TOY AND LOVED REPETITION, I MEAN THIS BY SAYING, OK, ONCE YOU HAVE SEEN ONE OF HIS THROWIES, YOU HAVE SEEN THEM ALL. BOMBERS LIKE RENKS, CARL ETC. HAVE VARIATION IN THEIR THROWIES (IE. FACES TO MAKE LETTERS ETC.) WHILE ALL WE SEE FROM VOSK IS MAYBE A CHANGE FROM THE K TO A C. THE ONLY FACES HES EVER DONE IN HIS THROWIES ARE JUST BASIC STICK FIGURE LIKE FACES IN THE O'S. I LIKE HOW THE GUY IS DETERMINED TO GET UP AND USUALLY STOPS AT NOTHING TO GET HIS STUFF UP, BUT HE NEEDS TO LEARN SOME RESPECT IN THIS GAME. IT ALSO BECOMES A BIT EXTREME WHEN YOU SEE A NICE, RECENTLY PAINTED, QUITE LARGE MILKBAR WALL BEING TRASHED BY VOSK WITH A FAT CAP WITH TAGS THAT SPAN THE SIZE OF 3 M X 1.5 M AROUND IN DIAMETER. IF HE COULD CHANGE HIS STYLE FOR ONCE, MAYBE WE WOULDNT GET SICK OF SEEING HIM UP EVERYWHERE. ITS ALWAYS BEEN A TREAT TO SEE THROWUPS FROM STAN, WUZLE, PEZR, ETC. BECAUSE THEY DONT GET UP AS MUCH AS MELBOURNE'S "KING OF BOMBING", ALAS THEIR THROWIES ARE AMAZING. AS IVE ALWAYS BELIEVED, QUALITY IS BETTER THAN QUANTITY. SAME GOES FOR ANYTHING REALLY. MOVING ON TO RG AND CI. ONE OF YOU MENTIONED THAT WHEN MERKS GETS CAPPED BY RG, HE GOES AND HAPPILY SLASHES ALL THEIR SHIT, BUT WHEN POSE CAPS HIM, HE DOES NOTHING. THIS IS BECAUSE HE KNOWS THAT IF HE RETALIATES HE WILL MOST LIKELY GET SERIOUSLY INJURED OR WORSE. RG AND CI, THE BEEF IS STUPID AND TRIVIAL. THEY ARE SOME OF THE MOST TALENTED WRITERS MELBOURNE HAS TO OFFER. IT IS SAD TRAVELLING DOWN THE LINES AND SEEING BEAUTIFUL PRODUCTIONS CAPPED BY THE RIVAL CREW. MOVING ON. BACKGROUNDS. OK, SO GRAFFITI BEGAN TO TAKE FLIGHT FROM THE STREETS OF NEW YORK YEAH? AND PEOPLE GENERALLY CAME FROM POORER BACKGROUNDS? WELL, THATS CHANGED TODAY. GRAFFITI IS STILL PRODUCED FROM WRITERS FROM POOR BACKGROUNDS, EXCEPT NOW, WRITERS WHO ARE WELL OFF ARE JOINING IN TOO, AND HAVE BEEN FOR THE PAST YEARS. I WOULD SAY THAT SOME OF MELBOURNE'S BEST ARE RICH LITTLE PRICKS. I SPOSE WHERE THIS IS GOING IS SAYING, WRITERS CAN WEAR WHATEVER THEY FUCKING WANT TO. I SEE ON OTHER FORUMS, WRITERS DISS OTHERS WHO ARE CLEARLY BETTER THAN THEM FOR WEARING "METROSEXUAL" CLOTHING. I SPOSE WHAT THEY MEAN BY THIS IS RUSTY, TSUBI, FRESHJIVE, ELWOOD ETC. INSTEAD OF THE WELL KNOWN CHAMPION JUMPERS WITH ADIDAS TRACKIES. FUCK! YOU MUST BE PRETTY ARROGANT TO BELIEVE THEY ARE LESS OF A WRITER IF THEY WEAR CLOTHES YOUR 'CULTURE' DOESNT AGREE WITH. IT SO HAPPENS THAT THESE FASHIONABLE ITEMS OF CLOTHING ARE WHAT PULL THE CHICKS WHO ARE FUCKING SWEET GENERALLY, BUT IM SURE YOUR PAINT-STAINED ECKO HOODIE WOULD ATTRACT HEAPS OF GIRLS TOO, EXCEPT THEY ARE PROBABLY FAT PILL-HEADED CHICKS WHO LIVE OUT IN FRANGA (NO OFFENCE). MOVING ON ONCE AGAIN. WHEN I SAY EVERYONE SHOULD GET ALONG, I MEAN NONE OF THIS "CAP ME AND ILL SHANK YA IN THE SPLEEN" SHIT. IMAGINE IF CAPPING WAS NEVER INVENTED? I KNOW THATS HARD TO IMAGINE, BUT MELBOURNE'S SCENE WOULD BE A WHOLE LOT BETTER, AND TOURISTS WOULD HAVE SOMETHING DECENT TO LOOK AT RATHER THAN JUST STENCILS. THAT BRINGS ME TO MY LAST POINT. STENCILS. JUST LEAVE THEM ALONE. ITS A FORM OF GRAFFITI, AND CAN TAKE AS MUCH SKILL TO PULL OFF A HALF DECENT PIECE. I TRUST MOST OF YOU HAVE READ THE BOOK COMPILED BY JAKE SMALLMAN AND CARL NYMAN (STENCIL GRAFFITI CAPITAL: MELBOURNE). IN THAT BOOK SOME OF THE STUFF STENCIL ARISTS PULL OFF ARE ASTOUNDING. JUST LEARN TO ACCEPT THAT STENCILING IS NOT GOING TO GO, ITS PROBABLY JUST GOING TO GET BIGGER AND BIGGER. ITS WORTH LEARNING TO LIVE WITH IT. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY ESSAY.

sorry mate, but this is quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in the history of the english language.

UM SORRY? I SHOULD HAVE PHRASED THAT BETTER. IT CAN TAKE AROUND 3 DAYS OR EVEN MORE TO CUT OUT A STENCIL. I SHOULD HAVE PUT IT THAT WAY. I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN, IT SOUNDS LIKE I SAID A STENCIL IS AS EASY TO PUT UP. SORRY.

UM SORRY? I SHOULD HAVE PHRASED THAT BETTER. IT CAN TAKE AROUND 3 DAYS OR EVEN MORE TO CUT OUT A STENCIL. I SHOULD HAVE PUT IT THAT WAY. I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN, IT SOUNDS LIKE I SAID A STENCIL IS AS EASY TO PUT UP. SORRY.

3 days to cut a stencil? what, do you have parkinson's disease? stencils are for hacks that are either too afraid, or not talented enough to do real graffiti

You, are an absolute fuck wit, who needs to pull ya head out of ya arse

There are no writers round who can top CI

they are the true kings...

I dont givew a fuck if u say im riden their dicks....

At least I've got respect for those who truly deserve it,

Not some 15 minute wonder, who dont deserve shit

YEA YEA YEA.....

COME AND TELL ME OVER A CUP OF TEA YA MINCEY FAGGOT