AWESOME FUCKIN BOOK

Guest imported_Tesseract

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by coffeedependency@Dec 9 2005, 09:24 AM

but that's based on 7 reviews from terrible critics. Peter Travers?

the casting alone totally fucked King Kong up and i can't stand CGI in films.

but i'll be seeing it.

Pretty much everyone who attended the screenings agrees. That's just the critics who have written a review. I'll bet anything that score will not dip under 70... and 70+ films on metacritic are pretty good overall. Dissappointing? Maybe. But I don't think it'll completely suck.

Tesser, the Halo storyline isn't exactly anything to shit pants over for, but it's definitely engaging and smarter than the average sci-fi fare. There's a whole bunch of backstory and novels I haven't read (it's not THAT engrossing) though.

Originally posted by El Mamerro+Dec 9 2005, 10:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (El Mamerro - Dec 9 2005, 10:34 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-coffeedependency@Dec 9 2005, 09:24 AM

but that's based on 7 reviews from terrible critics. Peter Travers?

the casting alone totally fucked King Kong up and i can't stand CGI in films.

but i'll be seeing it.

Pretty much everyone who attended the screenings agrees. That's just the critics who have written a review. I'll bet anything that score will not dip under 70... and 70+ films on metacritic are pretty good overall. Dissappointing? Maybe. But I don't think it'll completely suck.

[/b]

you're right, you're right.

it should be excellent for the escapism alone.

and of couse the special effects.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Of course he did and of course he enjoyed that. I just think that his caliber as a writer and the previous million dollars he got from any other film and best-selling books put him in the position to actually engage in something he likes and gets paid instead of just the latter.

May sound idealistic on my behalf and i could be wrong but i've read a bunch of interviews from the dude and he's more than just moneyhungry type.