1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

TUCSON CASTING CALL

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Filmic, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Filmic

Filmic New Jack

TUCSON CASTING CALL

Discussion started by Filmic - Mar 25, 2004

Greetings to all Tucson area writers. I am sure some of you may have caught word around town about a local filmmaker who is soon to begin production on a documentary video regarding Tucson graffiti. Well the rumors are true, and I am he who is going to do it.

The Art of Vandalism is a project that intends to document the ins and outs of Graffiti art and culture. It is a project that seeks not only to depict pieces and bombing footage, but also to gain further insight into the meaning of such activities through interviews with both writers and thier opponents as well (think Style Wars for a new mellenium).

The project will be carried out in stages that are to begin shortly and last indefinently (filming will begin in Tucson, however, there are intentions to make it a national project). The first stage is to produce a short (under 15 minutes) documentary concerned with the issue of Graffiti perception; where some see it as art, and others as crime. The production of this short is to span the next six weeks, and has the potential to screen at the Univeristy of Arizona Media Arts Film Festival in May.

I am looking for writers in Tucson who are interested in participating to come forth and speak up about thier expression!! (already there are some on board). Again, I will be interviewing both writers and thier opponents (i.e. GAPIT, Tucson Police, etc), so now is the time to be heard.

I am most intersted in those who are willing to do interviews and appear on video doing their thing, both legal production and bombing.

Those interested are encouraged to email me at ArtofVandalism@hotmail.com
    Let me know who you are, what you think, and how I can get hold of you. Feel free to ask questions as well.

I will be organzing a meeting within two weeks time (perhaps at All City) to meet with anyone interested in discussing things further in person.

HIT ME UP!

Peace

P.S.

I am not an exploitative member of "the media", nor am I cop. There are a number of writers in town that will vouch for this so don't start making assumptions! Any doubters check out the Arizona Sunburn thread in Brickslayers for some proof (I already went through this!!)
    Hit Me Up! Peace.

Filmic - Rank: New Jack - Messages: