N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Damn is that the new chisme, getting thrills and giggles off of talking about a writers supposed death related to their drug abuse. I swear its like some of you try to flex your status as writers according to how much irrelevant personal bullshit you know about niggas. they should start checking niggas age before you register for an account cus this shit is always lookin like a fuckin highschool lunch room.

Damn is that the new chisme, getting thrills and giggles off of talking about a writers supposed death related to their drug abuse. I swear its like some of you try to flex your status as writers according to how much irrelevant personal bullshit you know about niggas. they should start checking niggas age before you register for an account cus this shit is always lookin like a fuckin highschool lunch room.

Real talk

It's true. Graffiti writers, specifically the younger or less mature (or just insecure) ones are obsessed with self gratification. any chance that they get to "one up" their peers they jump at it. whether its YEA MAN DAT DUDE SMOKE MAD DUST or YEA YEO HE A LIL SMALL RED HEAD KID. i mean i guess self gratification is in graffiti's nature but what isn't understood is that knowing and blabbing about other writers personal lives doesn't elevate ones status it just makes u look like a gossiping 14 year old on 12 oz

In an attempt to curb graffiti, the City Council voted unanimously yesterday to gradually ban solid metal roll-down gates from storefronts. Starting in July 2011, shopkeepers who install new security shutters will be required to purchase gates made mainly out of metal mesh or metal grilles. Supporters say the new gates will help protect police and firefighters by giving them the ability to see into stores when responding to potentially dangerous situations, while deterring graffiti writers who seem to prefer solid metal gates. Solid metal gates will be banned entirely by 2026.

The new gates retail for about $10,000 — an estimated 10 percent higher than the price of solid metal gates, according to NY1. But Queens Councilman Peter Vallone Jr. says the new shutters are well worth the cash: "Our streets will no longer look like a graffiti strewn war zone after closing time," said the anti-graffiti politician, who has claimed that banning solid metal roll-down gates will reduce the amount of graffiti by 80 percent. "We pass many bills here at the Council but very few are like this one where we will actually see a concrete result where our city will be more beautiful and be safer."