N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dag i forgot mobb deep had a DJ on juvenile hell...wow...

KILLAH SHA

In case you’re not familiar with Killa Sha’s legacy for some reason, here’s a quick run-down of his history in the rap game:

Prince A.D. was a true student of the rap game. When he was eleven, he was down with The Super Kids – a group of young upstarts put together by Marley Marl which featured Tragedy and Craig G. He wasn’t rapping at this stage, just hanging out with his boys. Years later he applied his quickly developing skills as a DJ to help out his friend from school Havoc and his rhyme partner Prodigy, who had just started a group called the Poetical Prophets. After winning ‘Unsigned Hype’ in The Source magazine and landing a deal with 4th & Broadway, they changed their name to Mobb Deep and recorded Juvenile Hell. DJ Prince A.D. performed the scratches on the album and spun for them at live shows.

By the time the Mobb signed with Loud Records for their next record, A.D. had focused his time on his own group, The Killa Kids. As the eldest member of the crew (whose line-up also included future Flipmode soldier Baby Sham), Sha expanded his repertoire to include production and rhyming. The crew released an independent EP and made a name for themselves but were unable to secure a major label deal. After re-connecting with his old friend Tragedy Khadafi, A.D. concentrated on his lyrical development and soon became the Intelligent Hoodlum’s right-hand man, changing his name to Killa Sha and appearing on five tracks from the Against All Odds album. The world really started to take notice of him as an MC after he appeared on the track ‘WWT’ with Cam’Ron, The RZA and Trag.

In 2003 he dropped his first mixtape called The Black Eminem, but it would be another four years and two more tapes before his official solo album was released. GOD Walk On Water was a breath of fresh air, and I went as far as to name it as the best rap album of 2007. Since then, he joined Queens super-group The Outdoorsmen (which includes J-Love and Meyhem Lauren amongst it’s members), and the last I heard, Sha had completed work on both his second solo album – The Shepard – and an album with him and Large Professor sharing microphone duties