N E W Y O R K C I T Y

SaYoH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this may sound foolish but a possible solution is mounting a huge 2 week time frame in which all knowledgeable writers who have some amount of skill do burners and throwies aand straight letters on every piece of train inside and out, in order to restore trains. obviously that is in an utopian society seeing as so many writers today have the biggest ego and wouldn't attempt something of this magnitude due to crew beefs and shit. but yea, that could be cool.

i think it has to do with skill, if you're nice and know history and know whats currently good, then by all means, do you. cause if you do know, you won't go over the jedi 5's, or the ghost's, or the revs', or the sil 5x7's, or the scope's and shit. if you don't know then you shouldn't even attempt to go down there and do graf. but like someone said if the dek's or deck wgf's or anybody who knows whats good goes down there it's ok, cause they know what's and are doing their best to keep good graf alive.

how do we know whats what when youre talking about something like art. My point bieng we cant just say, know your history, or be good first, because then we have to open the pandoras box of what the criteria for these things are. A hassle to some, entertaining to me, but necesary (perhaps) for all.

Not to say that i am condoning that kids fillin over those tags. But these are the mor obvious examples of what not to go over. Some are not so obvious and i feel like the guidelines can get blurry. the majority of walls in tunnels are a wealth of old tags. and im sure some history was sacrificed in the making of other writers that we could consider credible now. I mean I feel like this definite boxed in code of ethics that people are looking to now is a new thing that arose because of a better networked scene aka the internet. I think for the most part before the internet alot of people were just writing on shit..with some kind of sense of what to do and what not to do. But to sumarize what im saying, if were going to come on here and act like there is this black and white way to behave in graffiti it might be a little more constructive to elaborate on what those rules exactly are. Dont just point out the problem but present some type of solution. I mean ultimately youll have to come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as ethics especially in some shit like graff but im still interested to hear the musings of some of the more philosophically inclined amongst you.

edwin_powell_hubble_3.preview.jpg

u wasnt around before the internet babyboy, how the fuck would you know "just writing on shit" ,, u gotta b kidding me