IN LOVING MEMORY OF KYLE MCLEOD, DFEAT ONER FYF

666legs

I met Kyle before he began his short lived career in graffiti, he was a great friend from the beginning. The dude was a friendly giant who, without hesitation would smoke you out or hook up a couple cans if you were broke or needed to finish a piece. the dude flossed the most paint splattered up clothes of anyone i know and rocked it without giving a fuck. he was into painting big, doing blockbusters and huge rollers. he was just beginning his career in graff but had the heart and dedication of a veteran, had he gotten more time in the game, I feel he would have gone far and everyone would have known him for doing bigger shit than anyone else. I would gladly and without hesitation give up my spot on this rock we call earth for you to return to us homie. I loved you like a brother and will continue loving you and continue to keep your memory alive. I want all the homies to know that I will always be there for any of you and will live and die for those I love just the way I know Kyle would have. Kyle, you were taken out of this game way too early but you were NEVER DFEATED!!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Kyle Mcleod (Dfeat)

RIP DFEAT FYF

He loved to do blockbusters... here are some recent ones he did for his fav reggae artists..

and heres the article

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/06/BAGR2QS3SM1.DTL&hw=palo+alto&sn=002&sc=956

gopato1eq9.jpg

gopato2qd5.jpg

tanasaw1jz1.jpg

tenasaw2tx0.jpg

The article is wrong... He was about to miss the caltrain back to the sco so he got on the back of the train. The conductor did not see him and he tried to jump back to the platform when the train started picking up speed and had a fatal injury to his head.

RIP Doja, RIP Dfeat

REST IN PEACE TO ALL FALLEN HOMIES

I met defeat about 5 or 6 months ago or some like that. In the cathedral and this cat was sweeping the floor. So i was like oh shit is somebody working here or someshit, so i split. Later at the 22 stop i see the shirtless defeat walk up with a huge ass pushbroom saying " why you split man i was gonna paint the floor." really down to earth cat.

RIP

I love hearing shit like this, That was a classic DFEAT thing to do

heres a classic dfeat story...

img2301jy8.jpg

this fool calls me at like 12:30 am... yo do you know what day it is?? we gotta go rock rodney king shots to show all these yuppies whats up... so we proceed to drink three forties each (he buys em cuz im mad broke) and we rock busses, the financial district, and mission all night... end up meeting up with jor

joroeba9powo7.jpg(stolen flick)

and when he finishes dfeats all you better hit up rodney king in that shit... the sun comes up and we smoke a doobie and split!!!

He told me that story, You guys went to save jor cause he was gonna run out of paint or some shit like that. Kyle was the first call I would have made if i was gonna run out of paint or if i needed saving from any situation

QUOTE=thelast...;5547161]REST IN POWER DFEAT ONE...FYF SHIT FOREVER...

ONE OF THE FUNNIEST MOST DOWN HOMIES IVE EVER KNOWN...

NO BULLSHIT, NO "CUTE" PIECES...

JUST BIG ASS BLOCKBUSTERS, DRIPPY FUCKIN HOMEMADE MOPS,

DOOBIE SMOKIN, FORTY DRINKIN, REGGAE FUCKIN ALLSTAR

ITS ALWAYS THE GOOD ONES THAT HAVE TO DIE...

THROW UP SOME R.I.P.S FOR MY BOY...

FIND YOUR FRIENDS

PEACE

FAREWWELL YOUNG FRIEND

you will NEVER be forgotten

The venice legal is now requiring permits to paint that shit. So what did DFEAT do? he went the day before the law went into effect and painted this shit as big as he could facing the police station. Always one to go big and with his balls to the wall.

ripkyle.jpg

this picture was stolen from DFEAT himself

I MISS YOU SO MUCH ALREADY, HOMIE!

to anyone who is feeling this loss, get at me anytime, day or night to talk about anything. Its times like these we need to be supportive and close for those in need, I am here for anyone fucked up over this tragic shit. RIP KYLE MCLEOD, YOU MAY BE GONE BUT YOU WERE NEVER DFEATED!

rest in paradise my friend... such a loss to all he befriended.... at one time i barely new him and he opened his hospitality to me when i had no where to go, let me sleep on his couch, eat his food, shit in his bathroom..... i got some dfeat fliks ill post when i can upload them.... thats kyle painting his shyt, you are missed brotha.....

The venice legal is now requiring permits to paint that shit. So what did DFEAT do? he went the day before the law went into effect and painted this shit as big as he could facing the police station. Always one to go big and with his balls to the wall.

ripkyle.jpg

this picture was stolen from DFEAT himself

I MISS YOU SO MUCH ALREADY, HOMIE!

most def... thanks for starting this thread...ive got so much to say

and so many memories with that fool...he was all about making the mops...

i was always like how the fuck do you make these fucking things??

he would always be down to help me out with whatever i needed...

he also would always front me sacks and i wouldnt pay him back for

weeks cuz im such a fuckin stoner...he would never trip...

god damn this shit is so crazy and im still trying to realize its fuckin real...

kyle showed me soooo much good reggae, introduced me to

the sickness of tenor saw, who was killed while young, and jacob miller

who was also killed while young...it trips me out really and ive been

listening to alot of both lately...

LIFE IS ONE BIG ROAD WITH LOTS OF SIGNS... YOU GOTTA MAKE

UP YOUR MIND TO FACE REALITY ALL THE TIME...-TENOR SAW

im grateful for this thread, we can all share our stories cuz i know we all got em...

-more later

REGGAE IN PARADISE

^^i dont think thats kyle.. look at the piece and also that fool would be like 2 feet taller thatn the wall!!!

heres one story... so i get mad drunk all of the time and kyle was always trying to get me to chill and keep it cutty... so one night were out fading our forties and i get mad crunk and i have to go home and paint and entire midterm painting that night... he can tell that im so drunk ill probably go home and just go to sleep so he takes me back to his house and gives me bagels and cream cheese, ice water and hella bong hits... finally im sober enogh to figure shit out and i go home and finish...thank you kyle... i would have never done that painting with out you...

HERES KYLE HANDING US ALL A BONG HIT FROM ZION...

p1011378lq5.jpg

and i loved sketching with that fool cuz i would always heckle him and be like you gotta do the 3d like this or this... and he would always be like fuck that... my 3d goes like this mutha fucka... we would both just crack up....

p1011373hy7.jpg

thats kyle, look ull see!!! wish i was with u brotha, rest in paradise!!!

rest in paradise my friend... such a loss to all he befriended.... at one time i barely new him and he opened his hospitality to me when i had no where to go, let me sleep on his couch, eat his food, shit in his bathroom..... i got some dfeat fliks ill post when i can upload them.... thats kyle painting his shyt, you are missed brotha.....

^^i dont think thats kyle.. look at the piece and also that fool would be like 2 feet taller thatn the wall!!!

NAw homie it is kyle cause he posted the flick in the los angeles thread and when i saw it i called him up and talked to him about him painting it and shit. He never told me he was in the flick but i know he painted that piece and if you look at the dude he looks all gangly like kyle, plus the white tee and fro is a give away.

lets hear yo stories... regardless look at that piece... that is not kyle...why are you guys arguing???

so my boy would always be like lets find you a girl...im all yeahhh doggggg yeahhhh....

and finally one night me and homegirl are supposed to hookup... i end up getting wayyyyyy to crunk and piss all over kyles girls couch... i wake up like a day later... and he stilll goes to my "art show"... tooo funny

RIP killa

i wasnt trying to argue, i thought it was him but regardless of whether it is or not, his spirit is in that picture, in that piece and thats all that matters. we all need to organize and get a store or someone to let us paint a memorial production... a big one that will ride forever.