Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HOST18 DYM

FIB & Friends

Guest HOST18 DYM

^^^

HOST GOT EVERYTHING KID!!

gimme a little to dig..

Yo TEO! Always commin' through with the old hott shit! I love it. I cannot express how much I appreciate your dedication and documentation of that sweet old highway graf! Thank you so much kid!

Do you have the rest of the flicks of the Belt Parkway drawbridge where Fib had the filling hanging off the edge. Harbor Blue fill with a black outline? I remember it ALL before it was cleaned. DC had three fillings on those two huts on that bridge. I'd love to see it all. How about the wall across the street from South Shore High School? That shit was amazing back in the days.

As far as album covers and the like go. How about where Chino BYI came off in the liner notes of, I think it was, Intelligent Hoodlum. He had the song that sampled James Brown's "Black and Proud" song. Who knows what I'm talkin' bout?

Yo REBEL! I'm feeling you 100 on the Verrazano Narrows Bridge graf. When I was a small child commin' up, I remember studying the pieces on the Brooklyn side right by the Belt Parkway. I'd love to see some of that shit in light of some 17 years later.

How about writers that have come off in (mostly) rap videos and movies etc.? One can start a whole new thread on that subject alone.

To quote some other cat on this thread would be to agree with the fact that family trips were oh-so-special back in the time of the bombardment of those highways. Museums. Straight up! Thats what got me started. But then 1993 rolled along and the buff began. However, keep in mind that that which has been painted over still remains underneath it's protective coating--the so-called buff paint. You can drive the stretch of the Belt and BQE today and see Fib, DC, Jis, Mist, and JA, shit--to name a few--as the buff paint peels off of the Rusto with the Gusto. I know some of you feel me 100 on that.

In the 80's, writers thought that the trains would be bombed forever and hence, many didn't flick the beautiful damage that had blessed the subways. Then it all disappeared.

The 80's rolled out and the 90's pulled through, and the graf that decorated our highways has thus disappeared as well. Why are there so few flicks circulating today?

In the mid-to-late 90's strips of main streets like Flatbush Ave., in Brooklyn, for example, have been totally cleaned of graf. Who has flicks of that stuff? Few perhaps, but not too many.

Flick everything now. It will be gone tomorrow. Writers will be forgotten. Legacies will be no more.

Peace to the true.

Guest TONY TEO1

francis lewis high school

. francis lewis had alot of writers that went there...reps, bats, done, dera, free5 or muse i forget, greed, slac, lash, jas, zek, alot of kvc, kac, some tmr, kpb, billmar, tu, 22pk, and tons of writers who stayed under cover

heres was a school desk in a computer room in francis lewis in 1992. with nec u5 , drils, zes kvc .

http://www.sixcentz.com/website/photos3/drilschool.jpg'>

Guest TONY TEO1
Guest TONY TEO1
Guest TONY TEO1
Guest TONY TEO1

there's a 99% chance I would kill my own mom for that much paint.

Guest Aroe*ones

BANANAS..This could be the best post ever on the 12.Thank u HOST,TEO,NYSHITY and the rest who posted the butter flix. You guys deffinatly got classic heat in your collections and are very lucky to come up in such a great enviorment and time in graff scene.Some heads will never realize..thanks for the classics,thanks for the lessons! Brooklyn took it!

p.s. what about gnome and gemini cwk? I gotta get a flik of this wall thats still running around my way.peace

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this