Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
grand_one

question: how many MCs do you know like this...?

yo, just a question to all of you cats that say you don't write for "fame" -

why bother writing in public spaces/areas - or any spot for that matter where your "art" can be viewed by the public? why not purchase some plywood or a canvas and paint on that?

*please, no beef was meant to be originated by this post - just a response...

thank-you.

i don't think anyone doesn't write for fame, but most of us at the end of the day would probably be more satisfied with making our space more colorful and orderly than just a bunch of random destruction.

Guest Wilt

see...i dont really write to be famous..i just really enjoy the voice graffiti gives you.

Not everyone is out for the same fame. In Los Angeles a grip of people write "Free Mumia". Thats it no crew . no other names. How are they getting fame off that? I also know this dude who writes random things. After Sep. 11th he did God Bles Who? He writes different shit all the time.

i understand what you're saying. my question however, was aimed at graffiti writers who write "names" - non political, non "propaganda" based graffiti.

Guest cholo

Must have FAME and POWER!!!, i don't know when I write I always wanna hit visible spots w/ my name so that way everyone who passes by it says hmm... wonder who did that, or hmm... damn vandalists, the point is, is that they see me, I'm not the guy that no one knows about and go one w/ life as if i didn't exist, no i have been seen, I'm a writer.

It's not really fame anyway, because

1. IT'S NOT YOUR REAL NAME

2. NO ONE EVEN PAYS ANY ATTENTION EXCEPT FOR OTHER WRITERS AND VANDAL SQUAD

(and most of those people hate you...which is infamy, not fame)

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this