Ravers and thier "silly crap" accessories...funny

-Rage-

Check it:

http://www.audiogalaxy.com/articles/index....8033cce9eba40ce

Or read...

Court Rules Clubs Must Allow Ravers To Bring Their Silly Crap

http://www.audiogalaxy.com/articles/images/raver.jpg'>

Thanks to the ACLU, this guy is free to dress like a post-apocalyptic idiot.

As part of the American government's ongoing "War on Drugs," raves are being targeted all across the country. Citing a 400 percent increase in ecstasy use in three years, Congress passed the Ecstasy Prevention Act of 2001 last year, which resulted in longer jail sentences for traffickers and a huge increase in funding to combat the use of ecstasy and "other club drugs." While most court rulings in the last few years have favored the DEA over clubowners, the ACLU recently won a small but important case representing the ravers.

First, a little background: In 1998, a 17-year-old girl died during a rave at the State Palace Theater in New Orleans of overheating, a condition often related to taking ecstasy. The owners of the venue were the first clubowners to be prosecuted under a 1986 federal "crackhouse law," which bars anyone from making a building available for drug sales. In May 2001, the owners reached a plea bargain with the DEA, paid a $100,000 fine, raised the club's minimum age to 18, and agreed to a ban of face masks, glowsticks, pacifiers, and other items considered "drug paraphernalia." Rave-goers at the theater were forced to throw away or hand over such personal items before they would be allowed inside.

But last week, the ACLU's challenge, which stated that the ban, "embodies the government's unconstitutional assault against the electronic music culture," resulted in what the ACLU calls a "major victory." U.S. District Judge G. Thomas Porteous ruled that federal agents could not legally block such items, citing First Amendment rights. In his ruling, he said, "the government cannot ban inherently legal objects that are used in expressive communication because a few people use the same legal item to enhance the effects of an illegal substance." He also acknowledged that there is no evidence that banning such items has had any effect on ecstasy use.

The court ruling is just a small step in preserving the threatened rave culture. The government crackdown on raves is having a major effect on the scene. Part of the Ecstasy Prevention Act rewards communities with grants for, "passing ordinances restricting rave clubs, increasing law enforcement on ecstasy, and seizing lands under nuisance abatement laws to make new restrictions on an establishment's use." This is dramatically cutting down the number of raves and rave-like events nationwide. Still, Porteous' ruling shows that at least one member of the government believes that the crackdown should be on the drugs and dealers, not on the culture.

"Today's ruling tells law enforcement agents that if you want to target drug use at raves, you've got to play by the rules," said ACLU Drug Policy Litigation Project Director Graham Boyd in a press release. "Go after the drug dealers, not the entertainers and dancers and people who are there to enjoy the show."

-Lacey Tauber

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

A couple of years ago here in Portland a girl died at a rave, same thing, over-heating. After a lengthy investigation (1 or 2 years) they managed to track down the dealer who sold her the E. He was charged with like manslaughter or something to that effect. Basically they held the dealer responsible for her death. That seemed pretty groundbreaking. I mean could they theoretically charge the dealer in any overdose death? Scary thought.

Guest im not witty

kids dying from ecstasy is practically unheard of. kids dying from overheating/dehydration is the more common cause. or perhaps eating something thats not ecstasy at all.

in short, drink water, stay cool, and know your dealer.

oh yea edited becuase i forgot to say, fuck raver fashion in its loose butthole with sharpened glow sticks. *jaded.

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller

i bet ravers are like fucking punching bags when they're on E...i'd fuckin go nuts and kick some ass....anger management and shit

ha ha i would love to do that,i bet they cant put up much of a fight on e or not. Violence is golden.

whats with these stupid fucks and thier gright orange camo pants?...seriously I saw some stupid ass walking around in tnese things today and not only was I amazed that he wasn't trpping over the hem of the pants, but where the fuck are you goihng to hide in safety orange and red camo?...a fire?...good I hope they never find him.

.......... I HAVE BEEN AND ACTIVE GABBER,DOOMCORE ,HARDCORE,DARKSTEP,RAGGA,JAZZ JUNGLIST FOR A WHILE. SINCE 93. NEVER DONE X,SPECIAL K,GHB,SPEED,CRACK,HEROIN. I HAVE DONE PEYOTE TWICE, MUSHROOMS ONCE AND ACID............AND ACID............AND ACID ANDACIDADAIADo__O!!

YA HOUSE IS STUPID HAPPY HARDCORE IS SOMWHAT TOLERABLE TRANCE IS FOR FAGS AND ETARDS WHO DONT LIKE THE SUN. BUT THE WHOLE RAVE SCENE I DEAD TO ME. THE DEATH OF A SCENE IS WHEN ITS REALLY NOT FUN TO YOU ANYMORE YOU JUST GO OUT OF HABIT.

BUT I THINK THE BEST DAMN DJ'S ARE

RINS&FLUX

DJ DARA

R.A.W

DJ W..........IF HE SPINS ON 991 PLAYNG JA RULE ONE MORE TIME..

DJ HIVE

DJ Q-BERT

X-CUTIONERS

THE CUBAN

KINGPIN!!!!...HAHA I SAW HIM OPEN AND AT THE END OF HIS SET THE MC WAS ALL GIVE IT UP FOR DJ..... DUDE WHATS YOUR NAME

DELTA 9

RON D CORE

DIG DUG

STEREOLAB....HAHA FUCK YOU!!

DJ TRON

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by MOOGLE?

[bblah blah blah YA HOUSE IS STUPID blah blah [/b]

man.. One day you'll realise that ladies who like house are much

more fun to know than lip-chewing, meth-snorting, hardcore girls.

I used to dislike house... but then It all started to make sence to me.

It's very simple...

The spirit of rhythm and blues is NOT in modern r'n'b.

I went to Detroit to get dirty, chicago to get soulfull and Philly to get funky.

The spirit of the original 'African beat' live in house music.

Guest willy.wonka

junglists should move to hawaii

a lot of tribal shit goes on out here and the dnb is nuts..

lots of the boys making thier own music....

many people who spin dnb or whatever love it out here...they keep coming back and some even move here.....

plans to make hawaii one of the junglists capitals of the world...

for all i care...ravers are stupid,but my homies are jungle freaks

Re: junglists should move to hawaii

Originally posted by willy.wonka

a lot of tribal shit goes on out here and the dnb is nuts..

lots of the boys making thier own music....

many people who spin dnb or whatever love it out here...they keep coming back and some even move here.....

plans to make hawaii one of the junglists capitals of the world...

for all i care...ravers are stupid,but my homies are jungle freaks

england always has and always will be the dnb capital of the world.

Guest --zeSto--

as per the Jungle 'captials'

• 1 London
  • 2 Toronto
  • 3 New York
  • 4 .... up for grabs!

I'd just like to point out (and add to what willy.wonka said...)

Jungle and dnb heads are not really ravers.

Jungle was the racist term used by the post acid house scene

to describe the music Black youth were getting into.

It's so much more closely related to dub and hiphop than any of the

other genres.

candy ravers are just fucking garbage.

Guest willy.wonka

Re: Re: junglists should move to hawaii

Originally posted by seppuku

england always has and always will be the dnb capital of the world.

yeah but more and more UK junglists move here,but dont listen to me,im talking out my ass....i like the UK guys and girls who come here..

i know about jungle in other areas,but there is something going on in hawaii...our DJ's visit the mainland and blow all thier DJ'S...from what i here...the vibe is good out here for jungle,accepted by many,even my mother.

i bump for reggae...

hawaii will take #4

Guest Can you sign my book???

Im a minimal techno fan...Back in my acid days Plastikman was the shit...Anything out of Detroit is dope...DJ KECH, dope writer dope dnb dj too!!!

Archived