Cooking with 12oz

Guest Are2

mentioned the pesto route..

thats what i like..

the stuff sits in the little hole in the middle of the pasta and is delicious!

pesto is also really easy to make..

a spreadable type sauce, it can be used on pasta or on bread..

the basic framework is

fresh garlic

olive oil

salt pepper to taste

a bunch of fresh herbs or a special veggie

(usually basil, parsley..can be cilantro, spinach, sundried tomatoes, roasted red pepper)

pureed together

sometimes supplemented with pinenuts, parmesan cheese, additional herbs or veggies..

http://www.barilla.com/conoscere_barilla/images/bar_museum01.gif'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gonna get south all up in here..

My Baked Beans

1 Large can Bush's Baked Beans

1/2 Vidalia onion

1/4 Stick butter

1 cup brown sugar

Garlic powder

Here it goes. First get ya 1/4 stick of butter, toss it in a pan, turn on the oven low heat so it starts to melt. While the butter melts, slice the Vidalia onion thinly (kinda like onion rings). Take the slices and put them into the melting butter....let simmer for a bit. Now's the time to dump the beans on up in there. Stir. Stir. Give it a taste. Drop in a cup of brown sugar...give it some more stirrage. Let beans heat for awhile. Keep tasting. The garlic powder is optional, I use it for a lil flavor and such. Too much will funktafy the beans. Serve straight of out the pan with some ribs or fried chicken or some shit....

Here's for an actual meal...

Pork n Bean Bake

Very simple meal, and very good too.

Ingredients:

4 Pork chops

2 Large cans of Bush's baked beans

Brown sugar

Ketchup

Mustard

Pour the two cans of beans into a good sized long and shallow dish, preferably ceramic. Place the four pork chops (make sure they are thawed out beforehand!!!!!) side by side in the baked beans, so the surface of the chops are showing. Spread each chop with desired amount of ketchup and mustard. Next take desired amount (be liberal) of brown sugar and sprinkle on to chops and beans. Put dish in oven and bake at 350 for an hour. Take out and serve ya moms a chop and a ton of beans.

Ingredients:

some boneless/skinless chicken breasts

(you can use chicken w/ skin and bones but you'll have to adjust cooking time)

Orange Juice

Vigo or Progresso or any other Italian style bread crumbs

Preparation:

put the chicken in a bowl and cover with the OJ, let it soak for at least a half hour... pour some of the breadcrumbs onto a plate, you really don't need much... in the meantime, heat some olive oil in a skillet with the stove at medium, get it nice and hot... take the chicken out of the bowl and dip it into the bread crumbs, both sides, then toss it in the pan...

The hot oil and pan will cook the first side pretty quick so just let it get seared a bit, a golden brown look is what you're shooting for, then flip the chicken and turn heat down a little more... cover the pan and let it finish cooking.

• 1 month later...

time for the monthly bumpage

someone likes to eat kebab, i make a marinade that is perty simple

a quarter cup of lemon juice (1 lemon)

a handful of finely chopped garlic cloves

some tablespoons fresh aromatic herbs like marjoram, oregano, rosemary, thyme

and some spicey stuff, go easy i think, i dunno, cumin, various dried chili peppers, cayenne, cardomon, black pepper

salt to taste

a cup of olive oil, or veg oil

chop fresh herbs, pulverize dried herbs and mix well with oil, acid, and 1" cubes of lamb shank meat, the cut from the knee down of the leg of lamb, which has had most of the fat trimmed

marinate at room temp, mixing frequently for an hour and a half, or refrigerate overnight turning occasionally

skewer with yellow and red bell peppers and onion? and cook

serve with pita bread, green stuff, and maybe some flavorful rice

***i usually substitute a teaspoon of dried aromatic herbs for a tablespoon of the fresh aromatic if it's cold outside

• 2 weeks later...

word...for all the italian dressing recipes, a bump

unfortunately, i'm too busy making plasmid inserts and purifying DNA to list my recipe....

bon apetit

eggs, man scrambled eggs. get pan hot, add butter, approx. 2 tablespoons per six eggs, wait until melty and almost about to turn brown. add beaten eggs. (tip: crack eggs on flat surface, therefore shells won't shatter into the mixture like when you break them on a corner or the side of the bowl, and break the yolks before beating for easy (less time consuming) homogenization (mixing to homogenous consistancy)). let skin form on bottom of pan, pull into center from sides with a fork, beat one second, let sit, repeat until no more runnyness. result: perfect creamy scrambled eggs.

p.s. don't use a coated pan for this method, i suppose if it's really nice you can, but cheap ones will get fucked up. if you have a cheap one try a wooden spoon.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cooking with jah (and Are2 if she ever comes around)

i dont like searching through pages to find shit so im starting a new recipe thread because im bored. anyone who knows how to make some good shit......

passionfruit bavarois:

egg yolks 6

sugar 190g

milk 300ml

cream 375ml

gelatine leaves 15g

or powedered gelatine about 30g

passionfruit juice 100ml (resolve pulp from passionfruit after you juice)

1. soak gelatine leaves in cold water.

2. fill a large bowl with ice about half way. (about 20 in diameter)

3. mix milk and sugar. bring to a boil while stirring (so sugar doesnt burn on the bottom)

4. whisk milk into egg yolks until mixed.

5. transfer to a clean pot and cook until mixture reaches a coating consitency (like a creme anglaise). stir constantly so nothing sticks or burns.

6. add passionfruit juice

7. while hot, stir in gelatine. (take it out of the water of course)

8. using a plastic spatula, stir the mixture over ice(in a steel or glass bowl over ice of course) until the gelatine starts to set. constantly scrape the sides of the bowl and bottom to keep anything from sticking and making clumps. take off ice when it reaches a pudding like texture.

9. whip cream to a soft peak. fold into mixture.

10. pour into oiled (use grapeseed or almond oil) ramekins or dariole molds. refrigerate until set.

passionfruit sauce:

passionfruit pulp 100g

stock syrup (about 100ml water, 50g sugar. dissolve and reduce a little) 100ml

1. mix and bring to a boil. let cool. serve with bavarois.

remove bavarois from molds and serve with sauce.

good shit....

i dont know what that picture signifies but.....

FUCK YOU! or something...

anyway. i finished my exams today. i had to of past. if i didnt ill go crazy with my knives. if i make the news ill let everyone know im "jah". seriously though. if i dont pass i blew 7400 dollars.

but yeah, ill have more pimped out recipes for you guys later. fuck you. thank you. shame on you! YOU CRAZY FUCK!! shit....

sorry dude..my stomach turned when i saw that bitch hawkin cookies in an ugly ass carhartt baseball cap..

fuckin dizork.

mix

3 100mg oxycontins

1 gallon jim beam

ingest

happy trails

...i guess i'm ready for someone else to do the cooking for a minute.

Originally posted by 23578

i'm guessing no.;) it seemed like a pretty lofty goal. i wanted to give him some flow tips but i'm pretty pressed lately, so i'm limiting my internet usage.

what ws he trying to pass anyways?

fuck yeah man, i was kidding, good job jah, now go find yourself a good job, not on a cruise ship though:dazed: .

write Rick Bayless at Topolabompa or Frontera or whatever in Chicago they shut down and take the whole crew to mexico every year for a week. or move to Vienna, Austria, or New Orleans, Chile, Hawaii, NYC, or some island resort town someplace. or you could go to Hong Kong, or somewhere in asia, that would be the bomb.

Archived