Cooking with 12oz

Guest Are2

Stuffed Peppers

..geez, there are so many variations on this recipe!!

each bell pepper will use about 1 cup of filling, maybe a little more

Recommended Peppers:

Green, Red, Orange, Yellow Bell Peppers

Cubanelle Peppers

even jalapenos will work

Filling Suggestion:

Sauteed carrots, corn, onions, tomatoes (in your own proportions)

1/2 cup plain white rice

1/2 cup bread crumbs

1 can of tomato paste

salt pepper

cayenne pepper

generous helping of chili powder

a few dashes of cumin

a touch of nutmeg, coriander, cloves, or cinnamon will add a warm hint to the flavor

your favorite grated cheese

Sautee the veggies you like, maybe with a bit of garlic, salt, pepper and oil... add everything else when it is done. (veggies are soft and hot)...stuff the peppers, top with grated cheese

Bell peppers will cook in a 400 degre oven in about 15 minutes

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Are2, I need an idea. I just got these great bacon-wrapped filets at Costco. They are really good and we cooked them with a bourbon sauce the other night, but I really want to think of another sauce that would be good. I know you aren't into meat and all, but I know you can help me out. Thank you.

okay..bacon wrapped filets of what?

chicken? beef?

bacon wrapped chicken and shrimp go awesome with a rich, spicy barbeque sauce..

i'm not sure if the bourbon sauce was like that..

another idea is a sweeter sauce

..maple based, with some molasses and balsamic vinegar?

or honey-balsamic would be really good i bet

..well, bearnaise sauce is the shit for beef..it comes in dehydrated forms, but the real stuff made from egg yolks, vinegar and butter is the real deal..

no time for all that??

defintiely a honey balsamic..

honey (duh)

balsamic vinegar (a different vinegar will not work)

touch of dijon mustard (coagulates the sauce)

mashed garlic clove

pepper

a touch of nutmeg or cloves or coriander

blend well with a wire whisk or food processor...voila!!

or classic barbeque sounds awesome too

3 parts ketchup

1 part molasses or maple syrup, or brown sugar will work

1 part worcesteshire

1/2 part vinegar (cider or white ok)

mashed garlic clove

finely minced shallot (if you have it)

1 tblsp marjoram

1 tbsp cumin or coriander

dash of chili powder

salt pepper

cayenne if you like it hot!!

Re: ghetto chicken adobo...from pupus to da max

Originally posted by willy.wonka

secret,

i'll marry you...and i love to cook...but i hear you're liar.

heres a little chicken adobo///real ghetto style..not my mother recipe

1 lb. chicken 3 bay leaves

1 1/2 cup vinegar salt and pepper "to taste" 1 1/2 cup of water

2 cloves garlic,minced

cut or leave chicken whole///i would leave it whole

place it in whatevas with vinigar,garlic,bayleaves,salt and pepper

add water and cook chicken...let it simmer until well done....

serve with rice.....or else

this isnt my moms recipe,but i'll look for my ghetto cook book...

my grandmothers recipes served up hawaii for years....one of the first all around cook books for hawaii and my family recipes are in there..im so very proud of my grandma....

we like to eat

I DONT LIKE ADOBO!! here are my requests:

Banana Lumpia or TURON ..(I know how, but I want to know how to make the drizzling sugar sauce over them!!!)

PANCIT with rice noodles anddddd regular noodles

CHOW FUN

HAUPIA!!!

i miss the islands...

I MAKE THE BEST APRITADA!!!

^^^^^^^

you make the best what? how's about sharing a recipe, i'm always up for trying to make new shit?

and for whoever mentioned this: i didn't know that adobo was phillipino, i always thought that was mexican. i guess they probably have alot of stuff that overlaps because mexico is way closer than spain.

here's a recipe of mine (if you wanna call it that.)

get some cheap bacon (the real fatty kind that's like 80 cents a lb)

fry it up to how ever you want,

throw in some chopped taters and dry it in the bacon fat, covered, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.

if you have to season it.. seasoning salt.

Up here that's, the bacon is, called like factory seconds, I'm all about it. I make everything with it for about two weeks. Soups, gravy, you name it, everything tastes good with some bacon. I don't use the fat though, I don't know, it's wasteful not to sure, but there is something wrong with it. I fry my potatos in canola oil, you can use it over again if you don't put salt in it, and you can cook it at a pretty high temperature so the potatoes don't soak up so much oil when they're cooking. I like cooking potatoes in slices about a quarter inch thick, boiling them in some salt water first, then frying them up, don't turn them alot, let them get nice and brown before you touch em and you won't have problems.

Well this is how I make Apritada.... it's not really the full Filipino way to make it... I dont even know if it's close.... but it's more leaning in the spanish direction.... oh whatthefuckever.. who cares.. just try it, it's really damn good.

This shit is delicious and looks hard, but not really. I made this all the time when I lived on my own in college.

-first you'll need chicken wings and drums.. the little ones that come in the foam trays. (i usually buy like 20-25 peices) THINK BUFFOLO WINGS TYPE CHICKEN!

-3 really ripe tomatoes (ripeness is the key, if its not ripe it'll be sour!)

-2 large potatoes

-soy sauce

-salt

-ginger (minced) ...about 2 table spoons

1. boil chicken till it's thorouly cooked.

2. on another burner, boil potatoes till cooked.

3. when chicken is done... put in a pot and fry it with the minced ginger and oil... with about.. 1/4 cup soy sauce.. and a pinch of salt..and fry for like 3-5 minutes just to get in the flavor...

4. then add your tomatoes, and cover it on low-medium heat, and let the chicken absorb some of the tomatoes (because it will get juicey).. and the soy sauce.

5. cube potatoes

6. keep stirring the chicken and tomates so the tomates break up and turn into a sauce. taste your sauce, and add more soy sauce or salt to get it just right to your liking...

7. after 10 minutes or so... the chicken will looked like it has absorbed a small nice amount of the tomatoe sauce (there will still be ALOT more sauce left though).... add your potatoes... and stir LIGHTLY..... simmer this for about 5-10 more minutes so potatoes absorb some of the sauce also. (dont break the cubed potatoes!)

then when it's all done, get some rice... scoop some of your sauce over it... and then your chicken and potatoes. YUMMMMMMM

Originally posted by Vanity

that's all well and good... but i cant afford that ish :

here's my diet

cereal

sandwiches

ramen

spaghetti

rice

pancakes w/ out syrup

word pilau, i'm all aobut breakfast... all times of the day.

Cereal's like the most expensive thing in the store!

You can certainly eat healthy, good tasting meals that don't cost too much, all you have to do is put a little effort into it - which you should be doing anyway, it's your own body!

Haupia cake is From Hawaii.

It's got that pudding taste... sorta like a light coconut creame filling... with light white cake....... and on the top its usually got sprinkled coconut flakes (fresh ones yummm)

HAUPIA... its sorta like coconut jello.... but instead of water with your mix, i think they use milk.... if im not wrong, carnation milk.. or condensed milk. i forgot.. but its really delicious.

Originally posted by Zack Morris

Are2 if your ever in louisville ky I will hook you up with a kitchen and a place to sleep if you hook me up with a meal.

hell yeah!

i'll make ya chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and biscuits and gravy...we'll have lemon meringue pie for dessert..

yummy!

that has inspired me:

later on i will post the recipe for a vegan gravy that will knock your block off!!

(.you can make it meaty as well)

Um, while we're waiting on that, i've been trying to get good smutherin' gravy down.

Start by making a roux (brown equal parts butter and/or oil and flour in a pan). Get real chocolaty dark in a cast iorn pan, i use aluminum sometimes, but that's here nor there, or sometimes an enameled pot. You need a wooden spatula or spoon for this and a whole lot of time. Before you start, because I don't like to stop midway and cool my pan while stirring and then heat it up again, chop at least one bell pepper, a couple small or one large onion, and some celery, about two good size stalks really fine. oOnce the roux is browned sufficiently, low heat is best, but an experienced cook can turn up the heat a bit, you throw a good handful of the veggies in, brown until they're unrecognizable from the roux, add more veggies and cook until you can still see em, but they melt in your mouth. Now brown some flour dusted meat in a separate pot with a little oil, throw in the gravy and some salt, simmer for an hour, depending on the cut you choose of course, and serve with above side dishes.

What up southerners, am I on point with this one Are2?

Originally posted by Are2

oh goodie!!

i'm such a mom type sometimes..i love to go out to the yard and paint a bunch and then round everyone up to go home for some omelettes!!

yummy..

okay..i'll post a dessert recipe tomorrow too..

i love omelettes i think im pretty good at making them too but then ill have to see my friends make em ha ha ha

Funny, Are2 is the fuckin´ bomb cook and what food do I remember from hanging out with her? Malt liquor and Wendy´s.

My personal faves are all fresh pastas. You need space you can really mess up and some time. But it´s fun on a Saturday or at the parents house or something. The cool thing is all you need is a couple things, and your basic pasta dough is all the same.

Eggs,

Flour, (preferably semolina)

Cream of Wheat.

Use about eight times the flour that you do cream of wheat. Enough eggs to make a nice dough, kinda dry. Get a rolling pin and a knife or whatever and have fun. Cut it up and let it dry for a few hours if you can. Cook time depends, but you´ll figure it out, it´s just pasta, not hard to figure out.

It keeps for about four days, then you should stick it in the freezer.

Those are the basics, the nuances I´ll keep to myself or trade with people who have something to share as well.

Women really lose their panties when I cook for them, in my experience. Just a word to the wide.

s3k.

Archived