Cooking with 12oz

Guest Are2

Man, every WebsterUno post has me drooling.

I maka da pizza today. Not sure what to put on it. Probably organic broccoli, grilled chicken, sauce, mozzarella, and romano. I know I posted the dough recipe somewhere, in the pizza thread? Too lazy to link it.

I've been using lotsa cider reduction to sauce everything this year. It's so good as a sugar replacement.

Good to see the real cooking thread back, no way was I responding to COOKING CHICKENZ.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chicken parm areankay style:

made for 3

3 chicken breasts

1/2 lbs jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined)

1 yellow zucchinni

1 egg

1 block havarti & dill cheese

bread crums

sauce of choice

place chicken in egg wash and then bread them with the crums and put italian seasoning over them. coat an oven dish with some olive oil cook the chickens at 400-420 for 20-30 minutes.

as chickens are cooking cook your shrimp and zucchinni. set aside

remove chickens from oven make a slice down the center. stuff the cooked shrimp in the center of the chicken breast so they stick out, tail first. then take your sauce of choice and dump it over your chickens and shrimps. take the havarti and dill cheese make slices and place around the rest of the chickens so it is fashioned to meltover the top of chicken and around the shrimps. place chickens back in oven lower the tempurature to 350 and cook for 5-10 minutes.

scoop that on a dish garnish witht the zucchini and the sauce and chese mixture that remains in the oven dish and BANG!

• 6 months later...

BBQ season is almost back.

mmmm i need to get a new grill.

shrimp kebabs are so good.

meateaters can wrap the shrimp in bacon for an extra juicy fat taste

one of the million versions of bbq sauce:

garlic

shallot

pepper

marjoram

balsamic vinegar

honey

worctshehshshshrire sauce

in a ketchup base

don't forget the ice cream.

i want an ice cream maker too.

i had a real easy recipe when i used ot work at a fancy restaurant

it was just half and half and condensed milk with flavoring, stirred in a icecreamaker.

yummy!!

Originally posted by 23578@Oct 6 2004, 09:13 AM

Man, every WebsterUno post has me drooling.

Good to see the real cooking thread back, no way was I responding to COOKING CHICKENZ.

where is webster?

and that cookin chickenz comment..hahahahaaa laughin mofo.

this thread is still trying to stay alive.

i think it's about four years old.

CORN GRITS :)

this shit is so good... loaded with cholesterol.. yumm.

2 cups water

2 cups heavy cream

1 cup yellow grits

1/2 pound butter

1 tablespoon salt

1 ear grilled corn, kernels removed

Bring liquids to a boil. Stir in grits. Add butter. Cook at simmer until thickened. At end, stir in corn.

cREAMED SPINICH

4 CLOVES GARLICK

1/4 YELLOW ONION

1 LB SPINICH(stems picked off)

1/2 PINT HEAVY CREAM

3 HEAPING TBL SPOONS FRESH GRATED PARMASIAN CHEESE(the good stuff not that powdered shit!)

1 TBL SPOON AP FLOWER

2 TBL SPOONS SALTED BUTTER

S&P TO TASTE

SAUTE ONIONS & GARLICK UNTIL ONIONS ARE TRANSLUCIENT

ADD FLOWER, WHEN STARTS TO TERN LIGHT GOLDEN BROWN ADD HEAVY CREAM AND CHEESE (make sure the cream is at least room temperatur or some curdiling maY occur)

ADD SPINICH LEAVE BRING TO A BOIL(very important or it wont get thick you will just have clumps of flower) AND TAKE OFF HEAT

SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE AND SERVE. :king:

god damn. i'm up to my ears in recipes lately. mostly sauces and the like. mmm...demi glace.

heres a kick ass mushroom soup. A bit to heavy for the summer, but you can bust it out on the odd cold day:

• 60g Onion
    120g Leeks
    250g Mushroom
    60g Butter
    4 tbsp Flour
    3 sprigs Sage
    100 ml White Wine (make sure to drink the rest of the wine while cooking)
    1 L Chicken Stock
    250 ml Whipping Cream

1. Sweat leeaks, onions, sage and mushrooms in butter

2. Add flour and mix well

3. Add white wine, simmer to dissolve alcohol. Stir to remove lumps from flour

4. Add chicken stock, bring to simmer. Simmer 30 min.

5. Get rid of the sage sprigs that are floating around in there, puree the soup.

7. add the cream, heat it through, season to taste.

im a macrobiotic vegan, turned chicken/turkey eater, turned vegetarian, turned chicken eater once again.

i made chicken the other night, and it was so good and so simple that i impressed myself (which is rare).

it's a traditional hispanic islander recipe with a little twist....

u need:

chicken breast (i get the de-fatted kind)

adobo seasoning

finely chopped lemon rind (the peel) *cooking with the rind brings out the best part of the lemon flavor and adds a nice zing to the chicken*

oil (you can use any kind, i used vegetable)

1. in a plate or tupperware dish, combine the oil, adobo and lemon rind.

2. add the chicken and knead it all around in the marinade, so that it all gets covered.

~> you can let it sit over-night, or just cook immediately.

3. fry chicken in a pan, or put the breasts into the oven on a cooking sheet.

~> frying: cook until both sides are light brown, make sure to flip often so they don't burn. (if you like juicier chicken, u can stop frying once all the pink is gone)

~> baking: set the oven to about 350 and cook for about 10-15 minutes. be sure to check on the chicken every so often after the first 10 minutes so you don't overcook.

i usually serve with rice and beans. platanos or maduros are really good too.

platanos:

frying pan w/ vegetable oil

green plantains cut into 2 inch diagonal pieces.

1. fry plantain pieces till they turn light brown.

2. smash the plantains with a wood block or whatever you have handy that will flatten them.

3. fry them again.

4. add salt or adobo to flavor.

maduros:

frying pan w/ vegetable oil

super ripe, almost brown bananas (they turn out really sweet)

1. cut the bananas into pieces.

2. fry till they turn brown. (these ones will get a caramel looking color)

Originally posted by AREANKAY@Apr 29 2005, 07:01 PM

i have not cooked anything in a while, i have taken up the last couple monthes though making sushi, anyone got some weird combo of sushi they make or know of

like some sea urchin, quail egg, topped with diced white tuna

^^That sea Urchin quail egg stuff is the bomb..

Hey Are2, last time I was at your pad I seem to remember ordering Cheese steak subs and fries with gravy every night, Whats up with the cooking...

how i make pasta when im hungry and there's nothing to eat

- boil pasta

- strain when aldente

- before pots cools down (as fast as possible) put in a smidge of oil and throw the pasta back in it

-crack 2 eggs in and they should partcially cook

cover with cheese and eat

1 cup olive oil

half a bottle of tabasco(the small ones)

hand full of peperoncici and some of the water in the jar

shit loads of garlic at least 5 -8 tbsp

some pepper

marinate about 4 chicken breasts in that shit for 24-48hours and enjoy. thats how i do things.

PS

quick snack:

munster

avacado

bit o mayo

slap it on sourdough

mmmmmmmmmm

edit:the way my shit works is the tabasco cooks off and turns tangy, leaving you with a spicy but not too spicy and very tasty meal...thats gangster.

Originally posted by Rolln@Apr 29 2005, 07:53 PM

I seem to remember ordering Cheese steak subs and fries with gravy every night, Whats up with the cooking...

"but i never get to visit here and we don't have any good sub shops out west so i like to eat shitty cheesesteaks when i'm getting drunk on the east coast"

damn my head is still spinning from Friday.

If your out west Are2 I would love to have you over and cook. Lately I have been cooking tacos.

as follows,

frozen chicken breast boiled and diced and fried however you see fit. oil hot sauce and spices.

can of vegetarian refried beans mixed with hot sauce onion cheese and salsa.

onion tomato avacado and i need to start including cilantro, chopped up in a bowl.

take what you want and place a corn tortilla in the pan with enough hot oil to fry it and put ingredients in side and fold, fry till its done and use cold salsa cheese and hot sauce to top it when your ready to eat it.

gos well with forties.

this is great, i leave the board for a while and come back to see this thread on top again. lovin' it.

kick ass fake maguro maki:

take leftover tunafish salad mix, roll into sushi rice/nori with a little wasabi.

there are lots of things you can make that can be kind of like sushi, you know hold you over till the next time you have a whatever that guys name is on the hundred dollar bill in your wallet.

i love inari stuffed with shredded cooked carrots, rice, mirin, rice vinegar, sugar and soy.

speaking of grilling season, does anyone else like calimari? take some squid tops, clean it out, score it, cut into large but bite size pieces, marinate it breifly in 1 fish sauce and 2 coconut milk then serve it with a blend of shallots, cilantro, thai chile, sugar, fish sauce and lime juice.

another thing that is grill worthy is whole chickens, what i've been doing lately, and copy this, is poaching the chicken in onion, garlic, ginger, dry asian aromatics like star anise, peppercorns, fennel seed, cassia (cinnamon), soy sauce, sherry, water until done but not falling apart, a small chicken will take like 5 -10 minutes then let sit with broth off for about 25-30, remove and baste with favorite chinese bar-b-q sauce thinned out with a bit of broth over higher heat until skin is well crisped, serve with white long grain rice, and veggies, lots of veggies.

bon appetit, tsa chien, happy cooking, ciao, and all that

fuckin fuck!

i don't normally go all nutso over calamari but that sounds yummski

mmmmmm...

anyone have any good ways to spice up the ol tuna salad?

i started eating it again after a year or so break

(mercury :()

i made sf style cheeseburgers last night.

ground beef with chopped up peppers and spices molded into torpedo burgers broiled in a iron skillet.

pepper jack cheese.

tomato, red onion, lettuce, ketchup and hot sauce.

parisian sourgh dough rolls broiled with pepper jack and steak frys fried in a skillet.

with mickeys grenades.

• 1 month later...

a little snack i whipped up this afternoon:

13cd42b4.jpg

roasted whole chicken with maple glazed carrots and turned potatoes. i'm gonna have some good sandwiches for the next few days.

not pictured: mushroom soup. (i posted the recipe above.)

Archived