Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Are2

Cooking with 12oz

Re: ghetto chicken adobo...from pupus to da max

Originally posted by willy.wonka

heres a little chicken adobo///real ghetto style..not my mother recipe.....

heyyy i didnt know that you are filipino??!!! well....maybe you arent and just like chicken adobo. but my man's friends love chiken adobo and they arent even filipino...it surprises me for soem reason.

are2....wanna come over and take over my kitchen for one night?? i sure do need the rest.....:crazy:

Who else had lasagna for dinner last night? I did, and I'd like to take a moment to thank Are2 for inspiring my meal ...

...Thank you, Are2.

The best part about my lasagna is that I get to eat it again today. Left-overs kick ass!

Guest Are2
Originally posted by Jewish Task Force

Hey Are2, you gotta make my homie some Burritos I know he misses them.

he is well fed and well cared for..can't you tell?!

Originally posted by Jesus of Nazareth

Fuuuck yeah, I've been wanting to start a thread like this, but never knew how it would be received.....Are2 just became the most attractive 12ozer. Marry me???:love::love2::crazy:

awww shit...that's sweet..but i'm spoken for

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

I make a mean garlic bread in a very short time.

Real simple too.

Eat hearty.

awesome recipe..like mine..my only suggestions..brown the garlic in the butter, and pour the mixture over the bread..top with mozzarella (as well as parm) for a delicious effect.

Originally posted by Devilush

heyyy i didnt know that you are filipino??!!! well....maybe you arent and just like chicken adobo. but my man's friends love chiken adobo and they arent even filipino...it surprises me for soem reason.

are2....wanna come over and take over my kitchen for one night?? i sure do need the rest.....:crazy:

hell yeah! i love cooking!!

Originally posted by alkaline

Who else had lasagna for dinner last night? I did, and I'd like to take a moment to thank Are2 for inspiring my meal ...

...Thank you, Are2.

The best part about my lasagna is that I get to eat it again today. Left-overs kick ass!

you're welcome!!

okay..so we can all agree to eat good food!! no arguing in this thread? can it be?

thanks for all the interest as well as some of the great recipes..

chocolate mousse and el-cheapo tuna casserole..yummy!

later today: veggie sloppy joes and stuffed peppers!!

Guest Are2

Vegan Sloppy Joes

oh how i love these...after about 8 years without meat, but still cooking it for others, i have gotten pretty damn good at seasoning stuff to taste like meat, while it is merely innocuous soy...

Morningstar Farms is reccommended!!

1 pack (12-16 oz) meat substitute like morningstar (or ground beef if you must)

4 garlic cloves

4-5 tblsp chopped onion (about 1/2 small one)

some chopped green or red peppers (optional)

1/3 cup worcesteshire sauce

4 tblsp tomato paste

4 tblsp chili powder

1 tblsp cumin

cayenne pepper

salt pepper

Cook the onions and garlic (and peppers) with some salt and pepper in a bit of oil (or water for lowfat)..about 2 tblsp..over medium heat

When nice n brown, add the (fake) meat

pour the worcesteshire sauce evenly over the top of meat..a little extra may be desired for fuller flavor, cook over med-high heat

Add the spices..salt and pepper and cayenne pepper to taste

When the liquid is almost gone and everything is hot, add the tomato paste..a little more or less may be desired to get a nice consistency..do you want the joes thicker? or more messy? add what you like...

Serve the sloppy Joes with some nice big kaiser rolls..or whatever you like

The dish goes great with basic fries or roasted potatoes..or maybe some rice and a veggie like corn on the cob

**there are "flavored" tomato pastes that work well..try the roasted garlic flavor in this recipe**

Guest Are2

Roasted Potatoes and Carrots

oh so simple....and cheap

skin some potatoes and carrots

chop into cubes

season with thyme, rosemary, a couple smashed cloves of garlic, and some salt and pepper

bake for about 35-45 minutes, until soft, in a 400 degree oven

Guest Are2

Stuffed Peppers

..geez, there are so many variations on this recipe!!

each bell pepper will use about 1 cup of filling, maybe a little more

Recommended Peppers:

Green, Red, Orange, Yellow Bell Peppers

Cubanelle Peppers

even jalapenos will work

Filling Suggestion:

Sauteed carrots, corn, onions, tomatoes (in your own proportions)

1/2 cup plain white rice

1/2 cup bread crumbs

1 can of tomato paste

salt pepper

cayenne pepper

generous helping of chili powder

a few dashes of cumin

a touch of nutmeg, coriander, cloves, or cinnamon will add a warm hint to the flavor

your favorite grated cheese

Sautee the veggies you like, maybe with a bit of garlic, salt, pepper and oil... add everything else when it is done. (veggies are soft and hot)...stuff the peppers, top with grated cheese

Bell peppers will cook in a 400 degre oven in about 15 minutes

Hey Are2, I need an idea. I just got these great bacon-wrapped filets at Costco. They are really good and we cooked them with a bourbon sauce the other night, but I really want to think of another sauce that would be good. I know you aren't into meat and all, but I know you can help me out. Thank you.

Guest Are2

okay..bacon wrapped filets of what?

chicken? beef?

bacon wrapped chicken and shrimp go awesome with a rich, spicy barbeque sauce..

i'm not sure if the bourbon sauce was like that..

another idea is a sweeter sauce

..maple based, with some molasses and balsamic vinegar?

or honey-balsamic would be really good i bet

Guest Are2

..well, bearnaise sauce is the shit for beef..it comes in dehydrated forms, but the real stuff made from egg yolks, vinegar and butter is the real deal..

no time for all that??

defintiely a honey balsamic..

honey (duh)

balsamic vinegar (a different vinegar will not work)

touch of dijon mustard (coagulates the sauce)

mashed garlic clove

pepper

a touch of nutmeg or cloves or coriander

blend well with a wire whisk or food processor...voila!!

or classic barbeque sounds awesome too

3 parts ketchup

1 part molasses or maple syrup, or brown sugar will work

1 part worcesteshire

1/2 part vinegar (cider or white ok)

mashed garlic clove

finely minced shallot (if you have it)

1 tblsp marjoram

1 tbsp cumin or coriander

dash of chili powder

salt pepper

cayenne if you like it hot!!

Thanks sweetie, gonna have to try the honey balsamic.

Oh and bernaise is the best. The most hodonistic camping trip I have ever taken I cooked steak and scallops with bernaise sauce. Oh soooo good.

Re: ghetto chicken adobo...from pupus to da max

Originally posted by willy.wonka

secret,

i'll marry you...and i love to cook...but i hear you're liar.

heres a little chicken adobo///real ghetto style..not my mother recipe

1 lb. chicken 3 bay leaves

1 1/2 cup vinegar salt and pepper "to taste" 1 1/2 cup of water

2 cloves garlic,minced

cut or leave chicken whole///i would leave it whole

place it in whatevas with vinigar,garlic,bayleaves,salt and pepper

add water and cook chicken...let it simmer until well done....

serve with rice.....or else

this isnt my moms recipe,but i'll look for my ghetto cook book...

my grandmothers recipes served up hawaii for years....one of the first all around cook books for hawaii and my family recipes are in there..im so very proud of my grandma....

we like to eat

I DONT LIKE ADOBO!! here are my requests:

Banana Lumpia or TURON ..(I know how, but I want to know how to make the drizzling sugar sauce over them!!!)

PANCIT with rice noodles anddddd regular noodles

CHOW FUN

HAUPIA!!!

i miss the islands...

I MAKE THE BEST APRITADA!!!

^^^^^^^

you make the best what? how's about sharing a recipe, i'm always up for trying to make new shit?

and for whoever mentioned this: i didn't know that adobo was phillipino, i always thought that was mexican. i guess they probably have alot of stuff that overlaps because mexico is way closer than spain.

here's a recipe of mine (if you wanna call it that.)

get some cheap bacon (the real fatty kind that's like 80 cents a lb)

fry it up to how ever you want,

throw in some chopped taters and dry it in the bacon fat, covered, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.

if you have to season it.. seasoning salt.

Up here that's, the bacon is, called like factory seconds, I'm all about it. I make everything with it for about two weeks. Soups, gravy, you name it, everything tastes good with some bacon. I don't use the fat though, I don't know, it's wasteful not to sure, but there is something wrong with it. I fry my potatos in canola oil, you can use it over again if you don't put salt in it, and you can cook it at a pretty high temperature so the potatoes don't soak up so much oil when they're cooking. I like cooking potatoes in slices about a quarter inch thick, boiling them in some salt water first, then frying them up, don't turn them alot, let them get nice and brown before you touch em and you won't have problems.

My lasagna tasted just as good last night as it did the night before. There is enough left for me to have it as a snck later today.

Well this is how I make Apritada.... it's not really the full Filipino way to make it... I dont even know if it's close.... but it's more leaning in the spanish direction.... oh whatthefuckever.. who cares.. just try it, it's really damn good.

This shit is delicious and looks hard, but not really. I made this all the time when I lived on my own in college.

-first you'll need chicken wings and drums.. the little ones that come in the foam trays. (i usually buy like 20-25 peices) THINK BUFFOLO WINGS TYPE CHICKEN!

-3 really ripe tomatoes (ripeness is the key, if its not ripe it'll be sour!)

-2 large potatoes

-soy sauce

-salt

-ginger (minced) ...about 2 table spoons

1. boil chicken till it's thorouly cooked.

2. on another burner, boil potatoes till cooked.

3. when chicken is done... put in a pot and fry it with the minced ginger and oil... with about.. 1/4 cup soy sauce.. and a pinch of salt..and fry for like 3-5 minutes just to get in the flavor...

4. then add your tomatoes, and cover it on low-medium heat, and let the chicken absorb some of the tomatoes (because it will get juicey).. and the soy sauce.

5. cube potatoes

6. keep stirring the chicken and tomates so the tomates break up and turn into a sauce. taste your sauce, and add more soy sauce or salt to get it just right to your liking...

7. after 10 minutes or so... the chicken will looked like it has absorbed a small nice amount of the tomatoe sauce (there will still be ALOT more sauce left though).... add your potatoes... and stir LIGHTLY..... simmer this for about 5-10 more minutes so potatoes absorb some of the sauce also. (dont break the cubed potatoes!)

then when it's all done, get some rice... scoop some of your sauce over it... and then your chicken and potatoes. YUMMMMMMM

sounds pretty good. i love how people call the humorus part of the wing the drum it's so multicultural:).

Guest Are2

..bump for the tasty treats..

it's been hectic, so i think i gotta wait till monday for some new recipes..

Originally posted by Vanity

that's all well and good... but i cant afford that ish :

here's my diet

cereal

sandwiches

ramen

spaghetti

rice

pancakes w/ out syrup

word pilau, i'm all aobut breakfast... all times of the day.

Cereal's like the most expensive thing in the store!

You can certainly eat healthy, good tasting meals that don't cost too much, all you have to do is put a little effort into it - which you should be doing anyway, it's your own body!

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now