Tom Lael: Indianapolis, USA

CoffinCheatr

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Graff Jesus
Originally posted by Clever Name

His style is tight. He seems to be biting the msk/awr hand however.

ey i think revok put him down. that nigga tom is hard. don't front. he'll bust nuts all up in your guts. midwest freight writers beware.

hahaha wtf is this shit. i think i'm gonna go cry myself to sleep.

Tom Lael info. Flics later.

I don't know if there's much else that I can tell you about Tom Lael. He is an enigma of sorts. I do know that Tom is in his 50's, has a sore under his nose, and a double hernia in his crotch. And I know this only because this is as much as Tom's wished to describe himself in his scrawls.

Ask any river rat in Indianapolis about Tom Lael, and they'll all give you the same story: Tom Lael is bad news. Many have confirmed that he is older, with a sore under his nose and walks funny. And no bum likes to talk in length about Lael.

Tom sometimes writes just his name: Tom Lael. Other times it's Thomas Judas Lael, or Thomas James Lael. I've seen catchy short Lael scrawls (ie: "Tom steals bikes." or (Lael likes hot cocks."). And longer writings, paragraphs long, that dig deep into his past. He writes often about his time in jail, his stay in Central State (a mental institution that was vacated in the 70's or 80's), and his perverse sex acts.

Lael's knowledge of the geography and ongoings of Indianapolis are what make him so scary. He honestly could be anywhere. Many of his writings focus on certain neighborhoods, bridges, abandoned factories, and various bum hangouts. Lael has even made referance to the homosexual status of MUL. :crazy:

Lael doesn't just write with markers. I've seen Lael spray paint tags.

Sometimes he writes "Cheap Wine". Sometimes other bums get up with Lael. Harlan Cox and Billy the bum catch their fair share of wreck too.

Tom Lael is truly up like none other, and he's been doing this non-stop for years. In 2001, Tom wrecked shop in Indy. Never before had I seen such quantity by him.

I find Tom's story fascinating, and as a writer I'm blown away by his knowledge of the city as well as his dedication to his craft.

That's enough babble. The flics speak for themselves, will post more later.

Re: Tom Lael info. Flics later.

That guy has "mad steez son"... im pretty sure last time i was up there i viewed some "mad fresh taggy bombs" he did with his "main man" Shore.

Originally posted by CoffinCheatr

Lael doesn't just write with markers. I've seen Lael spray paint tags.

Sometimes he writes "Cheap Wine". Sometimes other bums get up with Lael. Harlan Cox and Billy the bum catch their fair share of wreck too.

Tom Lael is truly up like none other, and he's been doing this non-stop for years. In 2001, Tom wrecked shop in Indy. Never before had I seen such quantity by him.

[/b]

whats scary is that he is atracted to graf spots, and if your up then hes seen your name, and you dont know if he is pist, jealous, or if he wants to fuck you or what. Ive heard he had a baby jesus doll with a manger and he was doing some kind of satanic practice. Unone did a documentary on him and tried to track him down. I dont know how successful he was, Ive heard he saw him with little kids. Ive heard alot of things, Baks once told me he saw him under a bridge, who knows?

its like some fucked up story you heard around the camp fire at summer camp, but its real. very real.

Guest Porcheezee

Tom Lael is an urban legend in Indy, except he's very real. I personally believe he's the anti-christ. He'll write some funny shit though, like- "tom lael was here eating" next to a dumpster, or "tomas j lael was here stealing" on a business with a broken window above the tag. There has been a few sightings, but he always managed to dissapear. This is probably how he gets away with so much shit. every writer when they start out here now gets introduced to and scared by tom through his work in all the graff spots. UN and tom had a crazy relationship, because every spot that UN innovated, tom would be there soon afterward. Tom started writing shit about un eventually, and didn't seem to like him that much. maybe that's why he moved...

could you imagine the poor fucker you decides to see whats inside his "magic bottles" HAHAHAH, thats some funny shit. I think i may just leave a few of those around. In Calgary someones been rocking "Amy smith is an infected slut" and they are fucking killing it! i see that shit everywhere.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Every time I catch a Lael writing, I snap a flick. With Indy's increasing graffiti prejudice, his stuff is being wiped out at an alarming rate. The only saving grace is that he seemed to hit more joints off the beaten path instead of on it. The real question is, what's the status of Lael now? Its been over 2 years since anyone has posted in this thread...

I've heard he's since passed, but no one can confirm or deny the rumor. Everyone likes to talk about him, but I've not met anyone who has anything concrete.

CoffinCheatr, if you're still around, can you reload those flicks? I think this dude boggles our minds because we all hold our names so personally and pridefully, and this dude goes around associating his name with short stories concerning anal rape and dog cocks. But there's something about his work that makes it interesting.

• 2 years later...
  • 11 years later...

Tom was very real and you're correct...he is deceased. He struggled with a significant SMI but was a truly lovely person.  We were friends from 1995 until he passed in 2006 and my relationship with him actually changed the trajectory of my life.  RIP Tom. 

• Like 1