Superstars? It's got Hawk in it (young as fuck),

Hasoy has a section, along with a couple of

the other Vision guys. There's a section called

Freestyle Superstar and they never say the

guy's name... looks like it could be a young

Mullen but I'm doubting it. Anyone up on who

else was pulling flatland stuff slicker than Billy

Crystal back around '85??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by resk-U

out of the skaters in the list ronnie creager is the best, but the best skater i think id rodney mullen, hes fucking technical as hell and invented some of todays popular tricks

rodney mullen did invent alot of the modern tricks but over the last 10 years there has been an explosion of skaters who are younger.. and adapt his tricks... and make them better...

so i credit rodney mullen with the history of skating.. but the new people are just so much better...

Guy Mariano is the best on the list

Eric Koston is good too.. but i live in Vancouver and i've seen him at 3 slam city Jam's and every year his performances get worse and worse.. in the past 2 years he hasnt even made it to the finals of Slam.. its sad..

i was lucky enough to see the "girl" tour when it made its last stop in vancouver.. at the tswassen skate park

here are some of the pics

http://www.snowboard.com/members/Photos/members/365125/photos/221505.JPG'>

http://www.snowboard.com/members/Photos/members/365125/photos/221503.JPG'>

http://www.snowboard.com/members/Photos/members/312629/photos/221533.JPG'>

eric koston at slam 2 years ago...

http://www.snowboard.com/members/Photos/members/365125/photos/133299.JPG'>

Originally posted by sarahyoulose

Eric Koston is good too.. but i live in Vancouver and i've seen him at 3 slam city Jam's and every year his performances get worse and worse.. in the past 2 years he hasnt even made it to the finals of Slam.. its sad..

contest placings mean nothing. if you can do kicklip indys consistantly over pyramids you can win a contest. kickflip backside noseblunt slides aren't exactly the "go-to" contest trick, but you can bet your ass koston would land one within 5 tries

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

That's right, bitch, do I get some sort of prize??

whatever prize he gets.. we have to split it..

it was a team effort

and fiberglass? and i'm intrigued to here what Seeking's plan was a week ago

and yes i agree that contest placings mean nothing... and i never said the Eric Koston wasnt good.. i just said that when he was in the arena infront of 30,000 fans.. he didnt really live up to his name..... people expect a certain level of ability and consistancy from their favorite skaters.. and i know that alot of 10 year olds went home on those nights saying, "damn, Eric Koston,.. you suck!"... you namtalkin' about?

Originally posted by iquit

i'd say pat duffy gave street skating the biggest push in the last decade. wait, was the first plan b vid over 10 yrs ago now? fuck. well, still. i say pat.

word..you see the new transworld video i think..pat duffy hit this monster ass front noseslide on this ledge that was like 8 feet high..shit was sick as fuck...

jason lee was one of my favorite skaters back in the day..his video days part still holds up to alot of standards of today...sickest tre flips in the game...

i went street skating w pat a few months ago right after he got out of rehab. he's a fucking animal. he climbed up some scaffolding on the side of a building, jumped onto a double-decker bus while it was stopped at a red light, and did a kickflip from one double decker bus to another. it was the most insane thing i've ever seen. pics should be in skateboarder mag soon i think.

Originally posted by enueone

word..you see the new transworld video i think..pat duffy hit this monster ass front noseslide on this ledge that was like 8 feet high..shit was sick as fuck...

jason lee was one of my favorite skaters back in the day..his video days part still holds up to alot of standards of today...sickest tre flips in the game...

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

That's right, bitch, do I get some sort of prize??

Sure thing, Devito. Here you are:

:king:

And iquit, I saw that picture somewhere already...

maybe someone posted it on here and I'm too

lazy to look... but I have seen that already, kid's

sick.

Archived