police and backup

patrickjilbert

you may have already had a thread about this - but what the hell is up with police needing so much backup?

my friend was painting with another guy and like 5 cops had their guns pulled at them.

so many cops show up when somebody has a traffic violation like a speeding ticket. you see like 3 cop cars all up on the car's business....

kind of sad i think when a cop can't take care of a situation alone.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its really not a question to ask us. unlesss there is a cop on this board. i dont know. i dont think other people would know either. hey maybe im wrong. someone might now. i think its becuase police officers are pussies and cant do things by themselves and they need others to help them hand a ticket to a person.

ok..this is funny cuz i was watcing COPS last night wondering the same shit...and my theory is that when the dispatch calls out whatever is going down..whoever is nearby responds...and thats why sometimes 2 or 3 other cars come..which sucks..because then they feel the need to be even bigger assholes...grrrrrrrr....i got searched once on the way to paint some freights..they searched my car..and at first it was one cop..and he didnt think anything of the paint..like 5 other cars show up and all of a sudden im 1) a huffer and 2) suspect for a triple homicide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i went to jail that night on some bullshit..good cop bad cop bullshit.

Originally posted by patrickjilbert

i've never had to run from the cops, but im afraid if i ever do. i watch COPS a lot and you see shit like an old fat white cop catching a skinny ass black kid. i just dont get it...

yah i watch cops sometimes. and i just dont get how fat shit eating donut cops can catch a skinny black dude. ? maybe its because they have so many cops now they just call for like 20 backups so they got this guy surrounded or something . who knows? i wil never understand cops.

the reason so many cops show up is because they all have a general area the cover, so sometimes more than one will respond to a call that comes over the radio, thats how it worked when i did my ride along anyways. im sure you all know the safty in numbers deal, wouldnt you feel safer in a potentaly(sp) dangerous situation if you had a few friends around? dont give cops such a hard time, after all, they are just doing there job, not to mention if you have the law after you, you were doing somthing you shouldnt really be doing anyways right. iv met more cool cops than i have cool regular people. if you treat them like humans they will treat you like a human, and give you some more respect. just the other day i was going like 55 in a 35, got pulled over, was honest, nice, and respect full, and the dude only gave me a ticket for 40 in a 35, not to mention i wasnt wearing my seatbelt and he didnt bother to site me for that eaither, and yes, he knew i wasnt wearing it, he brought it to my attention.

although there is the occasional bad apple (or apples) that will fuck with you when you really wernt doing anything wrong, most of them do alot of profilling and that stuff, but for the most part, cops arnt all that bad. fi you get caught doing something you shouldnt have been, do you really expect them to just let you off easy? would you do somthing like that at your job? next time your bitching, think about what you would do if you were at work at the pizza shop and someone wanted a free pizza for no good reason then got pissed off when you wouldnt give it to them

dont take things so personally , relax guy .

i was saying in relation to the US , and relating to graffiti , the cops here are way more chill , and easier to evade......

its mostly like you said , im not saying your wrong....... while its true they generally cover a certain area , and more than one car usually responds.........thats not why sometimes 6/7 cars show up to a bunch of teens , thats what those numerical codes are used for over the police radios ........after the call goes in the first car to respond either signals for more cars or not , depending on the information in the initiall call . then there is three different levels /codes the cops use to gauge the severity of the situation , 1st level , 1/2 cars , 2nd level 3-5 cars , 3rd level , 5/6 cars .......then theres the preverbial 'code blue' or whatever you want to call it , where all availible cars respond...............whatever

Fuck that 'they were just doing thier job' shit, the NAZIS were just doing THIER job. Any of you wanna defend them?

quote:

i've never had to run from the cops, but im afraid if i ever do. i watch COPS a lot and you see shit like an old fat white cop catching a skinny ass black kid. i just dont get it

-

You know how many 'takes' they have to do untill the cops actually get thier man?!?!!?!? Of course they only show the RARE instances when people get caught. Cops the TV show is propaganda.

quote: wouldnt you feel safer in a potentaly(sp) dangerous situation if you had a few friends around?

You mean thier guns and sticks and shit arent enuf?!?! The coward title still stands.

quote: if you get caught doing something you shouldnt have been...

Whos to say what I should or shouldnt have been doing? Just cause some rich fuck in washington says something is 'wrong' doesnt mean that Im gonna feel bad and let some illeterate pig get wild with me.

Guest platapie

dude cops get killed all the tim eon the job for doing there job. im nto defending them when there harassing you and fucking with you. its jsu yo ugotta look at from a diffrent prospective. not all cops are bad guys. yes tehre are a lot of corrupt mothafuckers but there jus doign there job.

cops are good people for the most part

except for fucking officer steve that has been following me around for a good month now, but ive met alot more cops that were cool rather than dicks, they are just doing their job cause if your out doing 90 in a 35 or driving around piss drunk im thinking you deserve to be harassed

Originally posted by suburbian bum

I agree with dosoner, i mean really, if your doing somthing against the law you can expect them to arrest you. I think some people are not very understanding.

shit, not from what I've seen on "Real Stories of the RCMP"... just one that jumps to memory is 2 brothers, both OBVIOUSLY drunk with their car parked diagonally across 2 lanes of what I'm sure is a busy road at any time other than 4am... so, the Mounties pull up and both guys are out of the car, fighting in the street... The cops stop the fight, find out that they're bros and ask what they're fighting for... I forget but it was a stupid reason... then they ask if the guys have been drinking, because there's 4 of a 6 pack on the floorboard... the guys say "well, yeah, eh"... then a cop finds a bag of weed on one of them, in the end, the guys jkept their pot and their beer and drove away.

Another episode had a guy get busted for at least a QP of dope and he got taken to jail, while they were processing him he was whining about not being able to miss work, the cops all tell him not to worry, he'll be out of jail before 6am, no mention of bail, no court appearance, just a notice of hearing and take a walk!

Maybe this stuff was out in a podunk province but it's nothng like getting pulled over in Mississippi at 5 in the morning...

Guest imported_Tesseract

The whole subject is very relative, i've been let go many times, weed, graffiti but i also had a gun put on my head just because i was walking at 3 am with a glingningglong backpack on my shoulders....it depends on the cops i guess, no protocol

the skinny dudes get caught because they always try to hide in a bush. there's probably tons of guys that get away, but they're not going to show that on t.v. (though i always find myself rooting for the culprit). the moral: stay away from the bushes.

me and my boy in kauai were dawn patroling before school one day and on the way back we stopped at a resort to chillin the hot tubs and shower off real quick. when were leaving someone who worked there comes up and asks us what were doing. so we say, just showering off.( i had just moved to kauai so i didnt know what the deal was with goin to resorts and sht but my friend told me he did it all the time and it was cool) so he asks, "are u staying here?"

"no," we say

"why are u here then?" they ask

"we just wanted to shower off real quick before school cuz we were surfing"

"well the pools not even open yet, " they reply. we looked at the sign and saw that it wasnt. "is that ur car?" he asks, poinging to my friends car.

"yes, " my friend says

"why the fuck did u park it on the grass instead of in a parking spot?" the guy says. "i think weve gotta call the cops."

all of the sudden 2 squad cars roll up and three police officers step out. i heard the guy that worked at the hotel tell the cops to scare us so i wasnt trippin. but why the fuck did they need two cars and three cops to tell a coupld kids to leave a fuckin hottub? i guess they just get real bored and dont want to have to deal with real crimes or something.

then the fuckin cops notice my friends registration is expired and tell him that they cant give him a ticket cuz hes on private property but once we hit the highway were fair game. what a fuckin dick!!! so we park in a public parking spot across the street and had to hitchhike home in the rain and were hella late for school.

Originally posted by ASER1NE

im glad i live in canada ...........american cops are rugged , they give beat downs for fun ........

i also think its hilarious that so many cops show up to one call .......but i guess its better than being unprepared .

canadian cops give beat downs for fun too. especially when your a drunk american they feel like fucking with.

Originally posted by Samsara

canadian cops give beat downs for fun too. especially when your a drunk american they feel like fucking with.

oh yeah thats true , once me and buddies stole a motorcycle and were riding it around in ths big field , then these cops show up and were kinda young (and plus there wasnt anywhere to run ) and say that were under arrest and that if we'd ran they woulda beat us down ........BUT , after we made up some bad excuses they just said that theyre taking the bike and we can go ......

so ya its all relative

Guest sp3c1men_63

stupid cops...

i remember one tym me and my frens saw these cops crowding around this one corner of the street. i couldnt really see why they were there but it seemed kind of important if theres 5 cars parked around wit their blue lights flashin and blockin part of the road. so me and my frens went to check out wut they were doin and saw that they were all crowded around this yellow fire hydrant that had a leak. i was like.....wtf?! dont they have nethin better else to do than jus bring ur cop frens to watch a fire hydrant leak. its quite pathetic to see cops roamin around the streets givin heavy ass penalties to small violations like trespassin. damn cops have nuthin else better to do.

Archived