MENTAL INVALID

Guest beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

they dont use any words

at the end of the show one of the guys thanked everyone for coming out to support non pop music.

sorry mom. this aint no top 40 B.S.

...hi....

i missed em beards....i suck...i know...they played last weekend...no one was feeling it, and i was broke....yeah i had yesterday off too, but did shit.....blah blah blah...talk to dusty about the 28th...

hesh, talk about falling off the face of earth...its as if it were flat with you amigo....did you like the radiohead and aesop rock?

dusty whats up with the 28th?.....

and since three of the four 12 ouncers are in this thread that have driven in the white lightning, also known as my jetta, ill have you know that ive been outta the loop cause i got into a vicious accident last thursday.....the jettie got t-boned and is being totaled...i was pulling outta work and this fucker speeding with his lights off fucking clocked me and spun me for a loop....ouch....180 into the other lane, airbags went off, smoke, burnt rubber, etc etc....looks like itll be no fault, since i was pulling out...the jettie was grand and she will be missed, especially when im carving down the saw mill or ripping it around city streets, or getting lost in new england backroads....but also i had three fucking years left at $300 a month with 90000 miles already, broken sun roof, trannie going, alarm shot and cigarette holes all over, and a knicked bumper...along with key scratches from an ex psycho....so i guess its for the best, ill owe 1000 difference...im learning all about insurance and what i dont have insured quite the learning experience...currently looking for another VW and hope to be up and running within the next few weeks...

sooooooo, yeah....now i borrow the family car and im sixteen again....fucking great....guess i cant complain, atleast i got something

oh well, guess its all good right? sure, yeah right(convince myself).....

RIP jettie-oner:rolleyes:

MFC(my favorite car)...pearl jam

"Sliding out of reverse into drive, this

We will be turning right, then straight

Off in the sunset she'll ride

She can remember a time denied

Stood by the side of the road, spilled like wine now

She's out on her own and I'm high"

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

roenstein-

sorry bout the whip

glad i got a last go-around the other weekend...

hope you are ok

odraeb:

Thursday, February 28, 2002

DEFINITIVE JUX PRESENTS: OFFICIAL RELEASE PARTY FOR DJXP2!

Show: FEATURING EL-P, AESOP ROCK, CANNIBAL OX, MR. LIF, MURS, ROB SONIC, RJD2, & SPECIAL GUESTS

Door Time: 10:00 PM

Show Time: 11:00 PM

Description: Definitive Jux Presents the release party for DJXP2, the highly-anticipated compilation (vol. 2) of this dynamic new label's standout roster. Featuring live performances by El-P , Cannibal Ox, Aesop Rock, Mr. Lif, RJD2, MURS (Living Legends), The Weathermen, Y@k Ballz, Rob Sonic (Sonic Sum) plus special guests, it promises to be a night of first-rate independent hip hop. This cutting-edge crew has won accolades and fans the world over for its DIY approach to music , incredible dedication to creativity & artistry, and as a much needed antidote to the malaise of mainstream rap music. Since its inception last year, the label and its artists have been celebrated by the likes of the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Interview, Newsweek, SPIN, The Wire, The Source, Vibe, The Village Voice, Jane, The London TImes, Flaunt, Playboy, Thrasher, The Face, XXL, Alternative Press, Urb, the LA Times and many others. Def Jux impresario El-P (founder of legendary indie outfit Company Flow), is also co-producing the solo album of ex-Rage Against the Machine solo artist Zack de la Rocha, co-producing an album with Dan "The Automator" (Gorillaz, Dr. Octagon) and remxing the single from the new album of Brit rock darlings, Cornershop, amongst other projects. Intelligent, engaging, thought-provoking and pure hand-waiving, hip-shaking fun,come celebrate the dawn of something new. "With underground heroes likeCannibal Ox, Aesop Rock and El-P on it's roster, indie Definitive Jux has established itself as formidable challenger to corporate rapitalism. Grade A." - Entertainment Weekly

Ages: 18 And Over Dinner: Reservations Accepted

Advance Price: $12 Day Of Price: $15

Additional Info:

Purchase Info: Tickets Available at SOB's Box Office

and for those who care, DJ2 drops today and the crew is doing an instore at fatbeats

Guest HESHIANDET

alloh alloh.

roe, those cd's rocked man. i love the aesop rock. im stunned im actually feelign something like that. i know i dropped off as well, my bad. i got caught up in getting caught up. things are chillen out, i had a good reality check. sorry to hear about the wheels, its for the better though. trust me. im booked solid for the next few weeks, but i might try and make my way up there. i'll shout out loud if i do.

hahaha....cool hesh, glad you dig em...saw aesop last weekend with dusty...a treat for sho..."i twist characters like twist's characters"...hope youre all caught up, def lemme know if and when you come back up....

dusty lemme know the detals....

beards glad the show was good....

peace...and look both ways before entering traffic

roe

Archived