old graffiti mags like this one

Guest mikro137

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest 5:00 Shadow

magz

all my old skool mags got thrown out ian di was upset but got over it except that every issue of 12 oz. prophet got the boot too, i'm looking to cop all those issue if any one can help me out i'd appreciate it thanks- aba...

Guest SOCCERMOM 1

dear children,

how is soccercamp? although i think this post should be in the bench, it is a cool idea. i was very hyped to see the nsf zine and the city slicker zine regardless of quality>>>especially since i've been trying to get a hold of those two mags for over 7 years now(and never actually seen them, just heard about them). can i get a copy of those mags still, at, say TIMEBOMB or something??

can anyone post old mags such as NASTEE ENGLISH, INT'L GET HIP TIMES(T.I.G.H.T), SKILLS, STYLES FOR MILES, ETC

miss and love you,

mom

your confusing poor quality with "classic"

surely when using the word classic and graff mags you should be talking about igt ghettoart or vapours (from oz). all mid to late 80's periodicals that don't butcher presentation.

none of that kinkos shit.

Re: your confusing poor quality with "classic"

Originally posted by clone

none of that kinkos shit.

what the hell is wrong with "kinko's shit"? you must be one of those writers that like glossy ass pages that have pictures that every has seen before. there might be a misconception as what he actually meant in this thread but dont frown upon the "kinko shit". some people actually like the "kinko shit" rather than the glossy pages that are sold in stores. and yes, the "kinko shit" can be classy also. just because a graf zine is all nicely presented doesnt mean that it's a classic. its also what is being presented is being classic, meaning the photos.

The dopest old school mag(or any graff mag for that matter) was the NY issue of ON THE RUN, that came out back in 1992. I got that shit back then from Pure TFP.Best 5 dollars i had spent!! Interviews with Lee,Ghost,Seen,Pink,Quik,Poem, and more. Best photos and everything..Sure was a classic!

Guest mikro137
The dopest old school mag(or any graff mag for that matter) was the NY issue of ON THE RUN, that came out back in 1992. I got that shit back then from Pure TFP.Best 5 dollars i had spent!! Interviews with Lee,Ghost,Seen,Pink,Quik,Poem, and more. Best photos and everything..Sure was a classic!

i totally agree , i also am fond of the can control after skate one cbs passed away.

Yeah alot of the Can Controll mags were great. I loved the 2 fr8 issues that he put out. I wish that mag was still in existence. He came out with one issue a year and a half ago but that was it. I still got the first issue of that mag with the interview with Ven RIS. That was a good one too!

Originally posted by Ibex Moon

scan some of that shit if ya got it.

Guest MONSTERKIDZ

mags are for homo stamp lickers...

and u all know who u is......

real heads can say they never sent shit into a mag

real heads dont even look at em....

heyo monster.. real heads don't try to flex on the internet either, ok..

and using the word homo is like failing the GED, strictly for the cro-magnon, protruding forehead set. stop draggin yer knuckles!

FatCap's New York 2-parter, now that was fresh.

Pretty much any copy of Skills, the Flomaster basically dripped from the pages.

Are you forgetting Crazy Kings??!

oh, jesus... IGT (aka Subway Sun) and the later incarnation TIGHT!! one of the greatest, still amazing to read.

and of course, EVERY SINGLE ISSUE of ON THE GO. probably the best magazine of all time. anyone got issues to trade? i need to complete the collection!

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by MONSTERKIDZ

mags are for homo stamp lickers...

and u all know who u is......

real heads can say they never sent shit into a mag

real heads dont even look at em....

sounds like ignorant "wanna-thug" talk to me.

in the cheerleaders memory chest:

1st issue (xerox) of ON THE GO

2nd issue (xerox) of ON THE GO

"SUROC letter" issue of TIGHT...the get hip times

every issue of OTG since the LARGE PROFESSOR cover

every issue of SKILLS except the first

every issue of WYWS until it got gay in like 2000

not nearly enough CAN CONTROLS, but the sk8 issue is one of my faves, and the issue that power was nice enough to put me in (ive never mailed flix to mags)

every issue of LSD except 1 and 2 (not really much of an accomplishment)

waaay too few issues of EGO TRIP

" " with GRAND ROYAL

almost all the MASS APPEALS

way too many fuckin SCRIBBLES

the really good and missed 12ozPROPHETS, especially the twist cover

a few really good INDECENT EXPOSURES

" " KILL UNTIL KILLED

oh yeah, maaad euro-zine espicially OVERKILL from germany, with my old favorite wirter OXBOE from berlin....and IDIOTS, MAKE'T HAPPEN, FLASHBACKS, etc,etc....(why was there a million more euro-zines than US?!)

hmmm...thats all i can think of now, and im hungry. peace....

oh yeah, unless i got kicked off the cheerleading team and become a crackhead, i aint sellin/tradin any of this shit.

peace! *YAAAY!*

I remember when i was younger the only magazines that there were were IGT and GHETTO ART, which later became CAN CONTROLL. The only place you could get those were down in SOHO. No hip hop stores had em, no online, no Tower Records..To me those mags were the best. Nothing compared to the quality of mags now, but they represented a time when graff was most real, and most of the pieces in those mags were hardcore writers that painted illegally...Anyone remember GRAFF NEWS that came out around 1990. Them U5 kids from BKLYN put it out..wasnt that bad..ALso later on those MOVE mags that AIR GZ put out were hotties!

I hear you Ibex. Back in the early 90's the only graff mag out was Can Control out here in LA. YOu could only get at the very few hip-hop stores. Like The Hip-Hop Shop owned by Hex. Workmens wasn't around I dont think. Most of the time you had to send a few bucks to some PO box if you even wanted the chance to cop another issue.

damn ibex, you said a mouthful..

i was just digging thru the stacks the other day... i used to love Styles for Miles and MOVE. does anyone do an outline zine these days?!

Can Control was the only worthwhile thing to buy for a while then too.

i got one of the Graf News, that was cool. black and white paper zines are fresh, there was also a good one from some cat in Poughkeepsie. don't know how many issues he made. Soho's (aka Down and Under, aka Soho's Zat, before it was across the street) was the mission back then, before the Grill opened. i know ibex knows what i'm saying.

and oh, yeah.. no jealousy in 914 only pride.

how can you be a writer if you don't like to read?

Guest KING OF HELL

to this day, and its no secret on this board since im always talking about it, that i still think styles for miles was second only to SKILLS. air's SFM was the illest magazine. many a time ive actualy tried to organize an outline zine but noone keeps up their end and i end up with like 20 outlines form one over enthusiastic person and like one form a few other people and never enough to do zine. bare bones, no shading, no color outline zines are the move. its a brave way of showing your shit because you cant hide your crappy letters in a hale storm of gimicks.

Originally posted by joewelcome

damn ibex, you said a mouthful..

i was just digging thru the stacks the other day... i used to love Styles for Miles and MOVE. does anyone do an outline zine these days?!

Can Control was the only worthwhile thing to buy for a while then too.

i got one of the Graf News, that was cool. black and white paper zines are fresh, there was also a good one from some cat in Poughkeepsie. don't know how many issues he made. Soho's (aka Down and Under, aka Soho's Zat, before it was across the street) was the mission back then, before the Grill opened. i know ibex knows what i'm saying.

and oh, yeah.. no jealousy in 914 only pride.

how can you be a writer if you don't like to read?

That Poughkeepsie mag was great..It was called Monkey Styles..I got one issue of that also..I wish i could get the others

Archived