digity dot com...................

Guest TheDictator

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

huh?

For all the heads with positive comments, thanks we all appreciate em.

DOTCOM was started way back in 95-96ish by ewok and demon202.

aol was a baby.

nobody knew what a dotcom was (unless you were in the library)

and webcrawler.com was the only address that I could remember.

there were no ads on tv.

no bunk start up companies with venture capital funding.

You couldnt buy a thing on your computer. let alone spraypaint from germany.

remember MOSIAC? (pre netscape browser)

.com was a network, digital. it could be everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

no fences, no dead ends, always on. never off. orginally concieved by the government for information tranmission over a global network.

no paper trails. no evidence. no need to plug the paper shredder in at the office.

So it may be a stupid name to some, but all of us dig our name, and rep it hard. Ya our crew has a "style", most crews who have been together for a while may borrow from eachother and look similar in some adspects, so what? We support eachother's styles and visual ideas as a whole, and to me thats more exciting than having one hand on the can.

As with most crews there are "peeps" and "crew" members. You already know who is who, and over time this will become more obvious.

I HATE graffiti on the internet.

I LOVE graffiti on the internet.

I remember driving for hours, just to see new throwups, simple styles, luggin cameras, wondering what people were like. what they looked like.

Not even knowing what kids in the midwest or canada or europe were even rocking except a few magazines. and that was good.

Now I dont even have to put on underwear to see whats new across the world, and maybe I dont even need to see it? shoulnt it be a flic, in a mag or seen in person?

Its just too easy. Something is gone, forever. I was always intriged by the mystery of graff and that seems to be shrinking everyday.

Everybodys got their opinions, and believe me I have mine, but Im more into alot of stuff these days, I may not like you or what you do, but Im not gonna knock it. Doing that puts you on a lower level automatically. Its called close minded. Grow up. lets build. continue. elevate. acknowledge. move on. the newest in new. digital. futurism, all that junk!

Its interesting to see that people get so emotional about a non living thing, symbols of an alphabet that have been around us for centuries. So emotional that people fight, go to jail and even die for these symbols. Words, paint on a wall, none if this is permanent, but you can use it as a tool for change and education.

You do a "piece" on a wall, do you own anything? do you own a piece of the wall? the visual space that it takes up? did anybody own the wall before there was any paint on it? what do you own besides the thoughts that concieved it? hmmmmm.

DOTCOMMENCEMENT 2002.

• 6 months later...

tha fuck up,,,,, buncha lil faggetz like guerra swingin on my dick..

aint got no business even speaking my name.. you probably aint ever been to dc, therefore aint seen shit,, you tell me another cat in dc putting up 25 ft wide and 7 ft tall fills right on the st. 6thst.nw fuckface.... unless you ever plan on coming here ta get knocked the fuck out,dont ever speak my name n keep outa dc dog,,, ya dont know shit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• 7 months later...

^ that there is classic.

and yeah bump it up for some quality work put in by dotcom. I also love the segment in gtv where you guys are doing a wall in new haven where you can here the constant gun fire in the background. you got to love new haven. anybody got a pic of that wall, I think it was ewok demon ultra dmand and jive.

Archived