CANADA GETS THE GOLD

Jewish Task Force

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

youre canadian?

i was just about to post a link too.

Gold for Sale and Pelletier

Last Updated Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:40:14

SALT LAKE CITY - Canadian figure skaters Jamie Salé and David Pelletier are gold medalists after all.

The International Olympic Committee and International Skating Union announced on Friday they had reached a deal on Friday to award a second set of gold medals to the Canadians.

Ottavio Cinquanta, head of the ISU, said a meeting was held late Thursday to discuss the controversy surrounding the controversial competition on Monday .

He said Marie-Reine Le Gougne, the French judge at the centre of the controversy, had been suspended.

Her results were thrown out, creating a tie between the Canadians and the Russians.

International Olympic Committee president Jacques Rogge announced the Canadians will be awarded gold medals.

www.cbc.ca

SALT LAKE CITY (Reuters) - Canadian figure skaters Jamie Sale and David Pelletier will be awarded a gold medal in the pairs, International Olympic Committee (news - web sites) president Jacques Rogge said on Friday.

``The gold medal will be awarded to the Canadian pair,'' Rogge told a news conference.

The Canadian duo finished second to Russians Yelena Berezhnaya and Anton Sikharulidze last Monday, although most neutral observers thought the result should have been reversed

French judge Marie-Reine Le Gougne has been suspended from the Winter Olympics (news - web sites) for misconduct following her decision to vote for the Russian duo.

``We have suspended with immediate effect the judge of figure skating Mrs. Marie-Reine Le Gougne,'' International Skating Union (news - web sites) president Ottavio Cinquanta told a news conference on Friday.

to bad they are still getting ripped off. you can't have 2 sets of people getting the gold. the point isn't the gold medal, it's that they were the best. there is only one first place. i would still be pissed if i were the canadians. it may be better, but all they did is undo a little of what got fucked up in the first place.

Originally posted by Jewish Task Force

Canadian citizen, born in Toronto, grew up in US. Still true to Canada, I will never become an American citizen.

oh jeez!!

i'll give you canadians a pat on the back for having a better quality of life but c'monnn!!!

YOU'RE CANUCKS!

Originally posted by Pistol

Normally I would say something like thats what happens when you bitch long enough. ;)

But TT is cool so I'm glad you got your Gold Canada.

I wanna hear more stories about Ralph the Premier.

right now the jack ass is in japan ... comparing Albertan teachers to Japanese teachers (which is rediculous) .... that fuckers is going to make us miss the whole semester

Archived