IS CURLING THE STUPIDEST 'SPORT' EVER?

Guest NATO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

one person holds a pencil sideways between their hands, another person 'draws back' their pencil using the thumb and forefinger and lets it go, in an attempt to snap the sideways pencil... you trade off turns until a pencil breaks and the person is eliminated... whee fun!

ive never heard of pencils either but it sounds fun as hell , with a pinch of danger as well ..........but we played football all the time , it rocks :D

and i reiterate my belief that netball is not a sport.......curling and figure skating are crap , but netball is the worst !!

i played pencils...most fun ever....my friend was japanese and could take out any pencil in one hit...he tought me his technique...needless to say, i can wreck in pencils....i still can, when i moved up here my senior year of high school, i was reminising about the good old days in middle school and brought up pencils, the kids here were like, 'wha?'. so i demonstrated for them, and destroyed them all with my emense power.....they all thought i was a little weird after that....esspecially when i let out the sinister, 'muuaahhahahaha'.....

one more thing, remember when you wanted to battle in pencils, but all you had was a short pencil, hard as hell to break, but when your opponent was off just by a centimeter, smack! right on top the thumb nail....ouch....

Yes, curling is not a sport. It requires no athletic ability whatsoever (look at the people who play it). It is however, very fun to PLAY. We used to go in gym class in grade 12, and it really is a fun game to play, of course that was without taking it seriously and just playing for fun. It's like anything, don't knock it till you've tried it:)

But it is not a sport....

very few people would consider graffiti a 'sport', i however totally would.

curling is dope, fuck all yall. is it a sport? who cares... that shit is mesmerizing.

pencils... i sucked, but it was fun to watch other fools get all geeked about it.

i had forgotten all about basketball. you spin the quarter, then where ever it hands, you have to make a little diamond with your thumbs and first finger, put the quarter between your thumbs, then launch it into the 'basket made by your partners hand. and if you got the spinn to land right next to the basket, you could 'slam dunk'... that shit was flavor for sure...

Originally posted by seeking innocence

i had forgotten all about basketball. you spin the quarter, then where ever it hands, you have to make a little diamond with your thumbs and first finger, put the quarter between your thumbs, then launch it into the 'basket made by your partners hand. and if you got the spinn to land right next to the basket, you could 'slam dunk'... that shit was flavor for sure...

we played basketball by catching the quarter between out thumbs while it was spinning...that way if you fuck up you pretty much lose your turn to shoot.. slam dunks were cool....

curling is a spot. that ice is slippery. how about you go try it with a group of friends and tell me its not fun. no joke curling is fucking fun. saying curling isnt a sport is almost as bad as you americans saying race car driving is a sport. its driving a car for gods sakes.

kaes> grow up in french canada much?

by the way i slayed at quarter football.

well they werent some huge craze or anything, but we always used to get these demos from the french canadians and they show us mayple syrup in the snow then jam out on the spoons for us. a bunch of kids would buy them, lose intrest and hit eachother and eventually break them.

is this the same spoons im thinking of?

...the spoons im talking about was a game in which there were two opponents, each with a plastic spoon...the spoon handles were bent at a 90 degree angle to serve as a hammer...and the objective was to smash your opponents spoon.

so if i was hitting yours, you would just hold yours out bottoms up while i would bend my handle back like a hammer mechanism trying to smash your spoon...and it would go back and forth until one of our spoons got smashed to pieces...

i can see it would be fun on a frozen river with big chunks of stone. its just the brushing bit makes me laugh i can't see much skill in it they don't even wear skates. i loved coin football (soccer). You used to have like 5 flicks of the coin to get it from one end of the table to the other, the coin had to stop just on the edge of the table so you could flip it up into the air. Then you had to make the diamond shape with your hands catch the coin between your thumbs then shoot at the goal your opponent would make with his/her hands.

Archived