Critical Mass: Death of the Freight Scene

Cracked Ass

Guest mugshot
Originally posted by Ser3adc

^^^word...i just started painting freights...i hope i have enough time to get some shit out there.

YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR ASS, CAUSE IF I CATCH U IN MY SPOTS SOME HEADS WILL BE SPLIT.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ser3adc
Originally posted by mugshot

YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR ASS, CAUSE IF I CATCH U IN MY SPOTS SOME HEADS WILL BE SPLIT.

i aint blowin any spots so chill

• 2 weeks later...

starting to feel like a fossil my self lately.break dancing is pretty much killed the knees,but i'm still crutchin it to the yards.me and little buddah sack saw you at freak night 2000?i think,but didn't have time to stop.next time i'm in the bay i'll hit you up'

• 3 weeks later...

i dunno about that city slickers bragging stuff.. i do know i dont have a car i live in LA so i take the bus and do my shit im willing to deal with the crap i do deal with its worth it as long as i get a flick sometimes i dont but whatever. nobodies bragging nobodies complaining we are all accepting what we have and doing the best with it.

Guest angry xbox

i have realized that graff is not about being good when it comes down to it sometimes. Its a combination of being clean and being a shadow of the night and sometimes the day. take this example, send outta ex-navy sealwitha can and see what hott hott spot he can hit without getting anywhere near caught.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that the yards

are going to get this huge security

standard because of graffiti.

The cost isn't worth it. The reason

the yard has so many rules is because

of other things such as train hopping,

terrorism, etc. Which is not to say that

they do not consider graffiti. I'm sure

they do greatly. However, the fact still

remains that they're not going to

waste that much money to hire more

guards, equip them with weapons,

install cameras, and more just because

some kids are writing on some trains.

Graffiti gives the workers something

to look at and the bulls something to do.

Just stay off the numbers, clean up your

mess, keep your head up, always look

behind you if you're on or near the tracks,

keep an amiable atmosphere with the workers,

and don't go writing on things other than the

trains. It should be alright.

Guest CrestOne_sta

Re: Approaching from a different perspective

Originally posted by KaBar

I got interested in graff because of my background in tramping and hopping. And I can certainly appreciate the element of "getting away with it"--otherwise, why wouldn't I just be a "legal" railfan that takes excursion trips on passenger trains with my railfan club on my vacation? Trainhoppers comes in various shapes, sizes, ages, etc. and they all have different motivations for doing it. I think the same thing is true, to a degree, for graff writers. The difference is whether or not a trainhopper is a straight-up tramp, or whether a trainhopper is a despicable fucking streamliner. the one lives his life with a set of rules--he is (if you'll pardon my Pollyanna attitude) living a life of "honor among thieves." One-percenter bikers live this way as well. They may be rejected by straight society, but they are brothers among themselves and would never fuck over a bro-- never. Streamliners are usually ignorant, no-class rip-off artists. They have an element of sociopathology to their personalities. They don't give a shit who gets hurt, as long as they get what they want. They are dangerous to everyone around them.

Guest CrestOne_sta

^^oops... I wanted to point out to those who did not know, that a "streamliner" gets his name due to the fact that he often does not carry a pack or blankets etc. Why should he, he could just take yours... Very dangerous type folks... Most tramp types are decent humans, but many suffer from severe sociopathic tendencies. Watch your back and be safe.. peace Crest One Sta

CRITICAL MASS

TOUCHY SUBJECT.... ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT NOTHING LASTS FOREVER...A YARD IS A YARD... I STARTED PAINTING ABOUT 8 YEARS AGO AND IT WAS ALOT DIFFERENT THEN. MY YARD HAD THE SAME TRAINS IN IT FOR WEEKS, EVEYTHING WAS COOL, YOU COULD PAINT DURING THE DAY OR WHATEVER; SOME REALLY GREAT ASPECTS. GRAFFITTI SWELLED, AND UNOIN PACIFIC STARTED ACCTUALLY WORKING AND INTERCHANGING STUFF AND ITS NOT LIKE THAT ANYMORE. I SEE SO MUCH GRAFFILTHY ON TRAINS THESE DAYS, SO MANY KILLED NUMBERS, SO MANY STAMPS. I REMEMBER WHEN GVSRS RAN TOTALLY UN STAMPED, AND NOW IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE IS BUFFING THAT MUCH HARDER. RAILROAD COMPANYS HAVE A "SHIP TO RUN' AND ANYTHING THAT MAKES THERE JOB HARDER IS GOING TO PISS THEM OFF, AND IF THEIR TRAINS HAVE TO GET STAMPED THEY LOOSE TIME AND MONEY, SHIPPING DELAYS ECT. THAT FUCKS WITH THERE REPUTATION AS A COMPANY. YOU CANT TEACH IGNORANT PEOPLE HOW TO BE HOSPITABLE, AND ARROGANCE WILL JUST GET YOU BUSTED. 9|11 FUCKED UP AMERICA PERIOD, PRETTY SOON WE WILL ALL BE TERRORIST SOMEHOW. EVERYTHING IS GOING TO CHANCE SLOWLY BUT SURELY. SO ENJOY IT WILE IT LASTS, BECAUSE THE DAYS ARE NUMBERED. AND YOU GUYS WHO ARE JUST STARTING TO ROCK FREIGHTS PLEASE TAKE HEED TO WHATS BEING SAID HERE, ITS ALL TRUTH FROM DIFFERENT OF POINTS OF VEIW.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest da wizzard
Originally posted by Mooncricket

haha blame scribble. all blame directed towards jaseraper. haha

that shit is too funny.......

Guest kode1three

learn to keep secrets..

you gotta find spots,yards,layups,whatever only tell a couple heads,trusted ones.let the new jacks hit the spots that are allready blown up.dont bomb way out locations ,local biz's,even other hardware in the area.the shits tempting i kno.the great thing about fr8's is that theyre sort of temporary.you paint they roll,if you get up on the bldg. that theyre unloadin @ the biz owner reports that shit to po-nine,not to get you,to get the insurance $$$,in turn the insurance provider leans on its friends in local government,they bich to local law enforcement.now flat foot joe has to go hiking through some fucking tracks in the middle of the night.hes pist your getting chased,nobody is happy....its simple,DONT BLOW SPOTS UP!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest schick1

well i see it like this, there so many spots out there the railroad companies arnt going to do shit, now in large cities with spots that get frequented quite a bit i think they will deffinitly get on lock down, this has already happened, I just dont think its cost effect to try and put a complete stop to freight graff( like others have said) besides their only freight trains and the workers know this. SO dont be stupid STAY OFF EGINES DONT BOMB THE SPOTS RESPECT IMPORTANT INFO ON THE CARS, SO AS LONG AS WRITERS ARE RESPECTFULL THE SCENE WILL STAY ALIVE also as far as buffing some companies do it alot now and others will probably do it in the future more but i say like 5 years down the line they will have realised theve wasted tons of cash and drop it, as long as we respect things

• 2 weeks later...

i didnt read everyone's posts but i know i didnt see anything about spot location. there are some places in the US that will always (in theory....) be paintable. some things will die. shit will get harder. there will be a new wave of "freights." why not trailors? everyone thinks i'm crazy but i see that as the freights of tomorrow. everything is moving that direction (intermodals...etc.) sure they dont abandon them like they do freights but hey...nothing's easy, right? we're good to go until someone threatens a terror act involving them. plus, would you rather run from a drunk truck driver or a cocky bull?

MAKE ME LOL !!!

IAM NOT HERE FOR THA BEEF BUTT THERE IS 100 OF KIDS PPL OUT THERE WHO PAINT fr8s AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THERE DOING AND NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY TO THEM ARE GOING TO MAKE THEM CHANGE LIKE HOIME SAID I LIVE OUT WEST TOO IN AZ AND THA GHETTO BIRD IS NO JOKE AND DOGS TOO ...I LOVE TO BE IN THA BURBS AND NOW I MOVED TO CALI AND STILL IS HOT EVER WHERE OUT HERE ...BACK TO MY POINT THERE ARE WAY TOO MAY fr8S BEING HIT TO MANY CREWS THAT ARE GOING TO GO JUST fr8 AND THA RULES TO BE IN THAT CREW 1000 FR8 A YEAR COME ON MAN ..I HAVE A BUDDY AND HIS DAD WORKS IN THA YARD AND HE TELLS ME EVERTHING I NEED TO KNOW BOUT THA YARD ,JUST A FEW DAYS AGO MY BUDDYS BACK AT HOME IN TUCSON AZ JUST GOT THERE HOUSE RAIDED BY GANG UNIT AND THA RR BULL GANG UNIT IS WORKER WITH THA BULL NOW IN TUCSON AND AS FAR I CAN REMBER THA BULL KNEW WHAT WAS UP IN THA YARD I GOT INTO SOME BS BACK IN THA DAY WITH HIM AND HE WAS ASKING BOUT WHO WAS WHO AND SHIT AND THERE WAS 3 BULLS WORK ALL THA TIME THERE TOO BUTT ANYWAYS YOUR NOT GOING TO MAKE YOUR YARD OR ANYONES YARD GET ANY CHILL NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO AND DONT TELL KIDS TO GO IN THA YARD TELLING THEM TO PICK UP TRASH ,,,,MOST DUMBEST THING IVE HEARD YET YEAH ITS GOOD IN A WAY BUTT IN OTHA WORDS ITS DUMB MIGHT PICK UP A CAN RITE WHEN THA Fr8 IS ROLLING OUT AND OFF WITH THA HAND AND CANT FORGET ABOUT TRESPASSING NO MATTER NO MATTER WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE OR WHAT YOU SAY TO A WORK THEY NO WHOS WORKING ON THA CLOCK AND THATS ALL I GO TO SAY .....JUST LOOK OUT FOR YOUR SELF AND FUCK WHAT OTHAS ARE DOING IF YOU KNOE YOUR SHIT KEEP IT THAT WAY TOYS WILL FADE OUT LIKE ALLWAYS .....AND IVE BEEN AROUND FOR 8 YEARS AND SEEN IT !

Re: MAKE ME LOL !!!

Originally posted by DIRTYBOB

IAM NOT HERE FOR THA BEEF BUTT THERE IS 100 OF KIDS PPL OUT THERE WHO PAINT fr8s AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THERE DOING AND NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY TO THEM ARE GOING TO MAKE THEM CHANGE LIKE HOIME SAID I LIVE OUT WEST TOO IN AZ AND THA GHETTO BIRD IS NO JOKE AND DOGS TOO ...I LOVE TO BE IN THA BURBS AND NOW I MOVED TO CALI AND STILL IS HOT EVER WHERE OUT HERE ...BACK TO MY POINT THERE ARE WAY TOO MAY fr8S BEING HIT TO MANY CREWS THAT ARE GOING TO GO JUST fr8 AND THA RULES TO BE IN THAT CREW 1000 FR8 A YEAR COME ON MAN ..I HAVE A BUDDY AND HIS DAD WORKS IN THA YARD AND HE TELLS ME EVERTHING I NEED TO KNOW BOUT THA YARD ,JUST A FEW DAYS AGO MY BUDDYS BACK AT HOME IN TUCSON AZ JUST GOT THERE HOUSE RAIDED BY GANG UNIT AND THA RR BULL GANG UNIT IS WORKER WITH THA BULL NOW IN TUCSON AND AS FAR I CAN REMBER THA BULL KNEW WHAT WAS UP IN THA YARD I GOT INTO SOME BS BACK IN THA DAY WITH HIM AND HE WAS ASKING BOUT WHO WAS WHO AND SHIT AND THERE WAS 3 BULLS WORK ALL THA TIME THERE TOO BUTT ANYWAYS YOUR NOT GOING TO MAKE YOUR YARD OR ANYONES YARD GET ANY CHILL NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO AND DONT TELL KIDS TO GO IN THA YARD TELLING THEM TO PICK UP TRASH ,,,,MOST DUMBEST THING IVE HEARD YET YEAH ITS GOOD IN A WAY BUTT IN OTHA WORDS ITS DUMB MIGHT PICK UP A CAN RITE WHEN THA Fr8 IS ROLLING OUT AND OFF WITH THA HAND AND CANT FORGET ABOUT TRESPASSING NO MATTER NO MATTER WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE OR WHAT YOU SAY TO A WORK THEY NO WHOS WORKING ON THA CLOCK AND THATS ALL I GO TO SAY .....JUST LOOK OUT FOR YOUR SELF AND FUCK WHAT OTHAS ARE DOING IF YOU KNOE YOUR SHIT KEEP IT THAT WAY TOYS WILL FADE OUT LIKE ALLWAYS .....AND IVE BEEN AROUND FOR 8 YEARS AND SEEN IT !

^^^ whats with the butt? its but hahaj/k im bored....its to cold here to paint:dazed:

• 2 weeks later...

IT TAKES CONSTANT VIGILANCE

i HOPE PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT KNOWING REALLY LISTEN UP HERE TO THIS THREAD...ONE OF THE YARDS I HAVE BEEN GOING TO FOR YEARS IS NOW HOT AS FUCK.......................AND GUESS WHO GOT CAUGHT UP...................EXPIERIENCED HEADS DID...............WHY? BECAUSE THEY WERE BEING STUPID, COCKY, AND WASTED....GOIN FOR THE GUSTO..................IF YOU HAVE TO WAIT ALL FUCKIN NIGHT FOR THE YARD TO SETTLE DOWN........ THEN DO THAT SHIT.....bRING SOME BEER OR HERBS AND MAX OUT. DONT LET THE FUCKIN WORKERS SEE YOU...I MEAN COME ON.....i DONT EVEN LIKE OTHER HEADS SNEAKIN UP ON ME WHEN I'M GETTIN BUSY. IT REALLY DOES COME DOWN TO RESPECT AND MATURITY..........I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO US EXECUTIN ISH LIKE NINJAS....YOU KNOW, SEEN NOT HEARD. IT SEEMS LIKE NOW-A-DAYS, HEADS JUST COME CRASHING IN LIKE "FUCK IT" I RUN THIS YARD! BULL SHIT...TRAINS RUN THE YARD. OH WELL I'M DONE...TO THE PERSON WHO STARTED THIS EDUCATIONAL THREAD...BRAVO..YOU ARE TO BE COMMENDED........HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WILL PAY ATTENTION.....OH YEAH GEORGE DUBB-YA JR IS A COCKSUCKER:) :) :) :) :D

• 3 weeks later...

..the yards..

i realize that there have been some comments worthy of remembering, but there is also a sense that most of u feel that the yards might die out(for various reasons as u all have said).. and if the yards will die, wouldn't u wanna crush as much as possible before security becomes too much of a worry for writers?? I DON'T mean fuck off the yards, but if u don't risk it now, u mite never get ur chance. I don't belive in crushin all lines, leaving cans and trash or none of that stupid ass shit that Everyone does before someone puts them up on game, but i would be willing to paint 4 trains in a single line with pieces while i still can. I do realize that "my" yard is more on the chill side, and the workers like me, so i mite have a bias, but i would think that more kids would think like this. I'm also a lil stuck in the whole numbers game so that plays a role in my thoughts, but so does the fact that i do pieces that enhance the graff scene, not throws and other lil things that get gone over in the next town....

• 2 weeks later...

give respect to that last point I know throws give numbers, but also if with progression, you should take that into consideration. I know there'll be alot of new established freight hitters compared to numbers of throws of writers that got recognition on that. My yard is way TOOOO hot. One of the two big yards in a hour radius from my house. I went there when I got into the graf scene....pretty much a toy. Only 5 years in hard graf. Again, that's toy as fuck. Literally 9 out of 10 times you'll get chased by bulls, or workers will spot you and park 50 feet away from you while reinforcement comes. Since I've been painting here for about 3 years. I know the rr police are a half a mile away....stationed in the yard. I have 5 minutes to finish my piece and bounce. I talked to cool workers while benching daylight....no problem. A couple during the night. No problem, but some do...want to take things out on other people because of their personal problems. This yard (the only one even close to me) makes me jump into empty autoracks when workers walk by every 30 minutes. I'm the only one (in a city with Many writers) that paint this yard in my city. Again, this is the ONLY yard to paint in.

My point.....if yards are this hot, even when you clean up your mess, not fuck with numbers or engines, make friends with workers......you'll still get shit from a yard. Not even if it's chill right now..then becomes hot...that doesn't necessarily mean toys leaving cans, or writing over numbers made it that way. And remember this...if that spot was chill...There's still no way I'd leave cans, etc....and cause a ruckus. And I also want to commend everyone who shared knowledgable information on here.....which was pretty much every post. I'm sure at least some of our yards won't be blown up 'cause newcomers around your area read all these posts.

My REAL point.....none of this typing makes any difference.........haha. I'll still spread my knowledge, and listen to others. Especially Kabaar and Cracked Ass. Taught me a few things I've never known. But, if your yard is gonna be blown up by some toys....It's gonna happen indefinitely, unless you live in the yard walking around without any sleep needed in your life......there's nothing you can do. And there's some dumbass hardheads that'll top knives. So, I guess if you REALLY want to paint freights like I do.....you can't bitch. Just go with the flow, and deal with how you have to do it in anytype of yard.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a few yards around me.Now i have never really got into painting freights but i flick them like mad (i would love to paint them but time is just not something i have alot of).Of the yards one is a fuck burn to all hell.You walk in and u see cans everywhere.No joke.It is sad to see the destrution of a once great fr8 spot.I have to give credit to alot of the new cats thta paint these spots.They seem to be picking up after themselves more theN in the past...

As for painting fr8's it has been said before don't go over the numbers or the box on the other end that has the date the fr8 was built.To keep the scene alive we must show younger cats how to help and preserve the scene.

• 2 weeks later...

wow this was very educational to me i thank all u cats for ur input i havent hit frights but i was planin on in the near future and now i know a little about what the fucks up so thanks and in reguards to the cats out to destroy shit dont hit frieghts with throws hit free way dividers or somethin thats acutually worth it dont burn shit out once again thanks a grip

• 1 month later...

i feel very lucky in my yard,they never walk down to check shit out,never seen a bullin my yard etc,...now ghettobird is a motherfucker its so loud that we can hear it comin 10 minutes before it goes over us,so we hide in bushes,empty cars that are open etc,have had a couple of weird people walking dogs and shit on tracks but they didnt see us we are ninjas ahaha...peace:D

freights the final frontier

The first time I say freights hit was around 90 or 91..I found a Sent Cav whole car..I got goosebumps when I saw it..I was with Necske and from that moment I had no idea that freights would be my sole interest in painting graffiti. Walls started getting toyed and heated in like 95 and it was getting boring painting walls. We had done a few cars back then but not enough to consider ourselves freight junkies. Steel city players turned their attentions to freight around this time. It was the only place you could escape the toys and do something that people saw everywhere. You didn't even have to get glue on your tongue for writers from other places to see what you and your crew were about.I think alot of people that would have never known each other are mad tight because of freights.

.Lets face it though in 2003 alot of toys are hittin freights and they don't play by the rules that we the real, abide by. Do your local yard a favor and make toys leave if you see them. Pick up cans when you see them (I do).Cause for me and alot of others if freights die so does my interest in painting. Mad props to all the freight icons and underated kings..

• 4 weeks later...

In my city it's not so much the freight heads that blow up the spots it's the fukin wall geeks, there painting trailors in the lay-ups and tagging all over the fukin place. this guy reps kd supposbly from new york, is tagging around all the freight spots and painting the trailors in the spot. what the fuck!? they jus don't care, and so i do what i can by buffing it and all but it jus dosn't help.......... one angry freight junkie... rip herby.:mad:

Archived