Critical Mass: Death of the Freight Scene

Cracked Ass

Guest schick1

:rolleyes: somebody knows where your from.....and ive painted your spot too! but lets both keep it a secret cause you and i know that this kd guy is or at least his reputation is less that friendly....oh and its his spot. but any ways fuck that spot and all the other one in the city.......I thought freights were crazy till i drove around the suburbs and found some really dope spots no one has been to and thats the way to keep it...................seriously if you dont trust someone dont show them spots. that is the best way to keep things from blowing up.:idea:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: freights the final frontier

Originally posted by Real Steel

.Lets face it though in 2003 alot of toys are hittin freights and they don't play by the rules that we the real, abide by. Do your local yard a favor and make toys leave if you see them. Pick up cans when you see them (I do).Cause for me and alot of others if freights die so does my interest in painting. Mad props to all the freight icons and underated kings..

I'm with you on this part! I couldn't have said it better!

• 3 weeks later...

it's depressing to see people carelessly going over numbers and leaving cans at local chill spots... i guess most of them honestly don't know any better though. If writers took the time to sit down and read some of these posts, the freight seen would be a lot stronger, and freight painting would be a lot safer and more fun.... Having to constantly look over your shoulder to make sure someone isn't coming down the tracks with a flashlight and a radio is NO FUN AT ALL...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mr. Cracked is Correct

An individual who rides trains carelessly and exposes himself to view by passersby and citizens is referred to as a "Highliner." A Streamliner refers to a guy with no equipment (i.e. "streamlined" or "streamlining".) If he has no equipment, no sleeping bag, no blanket bindle, no water, no food--where do you suppose he is going to get it? From some other tramp, probably. This reference is real old, dating from the introduction of the first Streamliner trains, which had an aerodynamic shape, which made them faster and cheaper to operate. The Streamliners had very few pieces of gear attached to the outside, where they could be seen. By contrast, the typical steam locomotives of that day had a bunch of steam cylinders, pipes, valves and all manner of equipment exposed on the outside of the engine. Tramps in general preferred the steam locomotives because they were slower and easier to catch, and had to stop periodically for water, allowing tramps a chance to get on and off.

The reference today is kind of obscure (all trains arre pretty much like streamliners today, comparatively) and even most tramps who know and use the word don't really know where it came from. It is a pejorative reference--to call someone a "streamliner" is a serious insult. It means that he is a criminal who preys on tramps, a predator, sort of a traitor. Stealing from citizens is often winked at, but stealing from tramps is a serious affair. Way back in the day, there were actually Hobo Courts held on matters of this sort. (A Kangaroo Court is a "court of hoppers.")

• 1 month later...

some of you guys are talking about regulating spots with knives..but i dont know about this..it could probably turn into putting more heat on the spots. If the kid's parent call the police to report the incident, there will be more police looking for killers on the rails. The event might even pass on tv, who knows.. what do you guys think about this?

• 3 weeks later...

i agree with 'regulating spots' with knives. if a kid has the nuts to stick around when you pull the knife on him, beat the shit outta him, and he won't come back. if he tells his mommy, too bad, the spot heats up for a little while but the punk ass kid won't come back, and other kids are gonna hear about that kid and they wont come back either. thats the way i see it...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by ghostvandal

some of you guys are talking about regulating spots with knives..but i dont know about this..it could probably turn into putting more heat on the spots. If the kid's parent call the police to report the incident, there will be more police looking for killers on the rails. The event might even pass on tv, who knows.. what do you guys think about this?

agreed...be smart, just walk up to them and act like some sort of authority figure. "hey guys, we are going to be pulling in a train soon and i will have to ask you to leave or i will call the police. thanks"... now toys? slice their throats.

Speaking as a Canadian writer...

Originally posted by sectorTVA

im moving to canada ese...sounds like a nice area youre in....

i enjoy the town im in right now, alot more chill than the city i used to live in, but like you said, there are assholes who hit trailers and buildings around the yard and leaving theyre cans everywhere and hitting every single car in the yard in a single night with hollows....thats the stuff that pisses me off....all i have to say is that the ignorant kids here are lucky that csx doesnt care much about this yard at all, otherwise there would be so much heat here itd be ridiculus...the local cops are already catching on, shining spotlights into the yard at night and shit....

Welcome to the team man :) The scene where I'm at is pretty small & quiet, but there's some benefits to that.

If I see a sick new piece, chances are I know who put it up, plus with the scene being pretty small, heat is nice & low.

What area of Canada are you headed to?

• 2 weeks later...

this needed to be said again

Originally posted by WAKER

TOUCHY SUBJECT.... ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT NOTHING LASTS FOREVER...A YARD IS A YARD... I STARTED PAINTING ABOUT 8 YEARS AGO AND IT WAS ALOT DIFFERENT THEN. MY YARD HAD THE SAME TRAINS IN IT FOR WEEKS, EVEYTHING WAS COOL, YOU COULD PAINT DURING THE DAY OR WHATEVER; SOME REALLY GREAT ASPECTS. GRAFFITTI SWELLED, AND UNOIN PACIFIC STARTED ACCTUALLY WORKING AND INTERCHANGING STUFF AND ITS NOT LIKE THAT ANYMORE. I SEE SO MUCH GRAFFILTHY ON TRAINS THESE DAYS, SO MANY KILLED NUMBERS, SO MANY STAMPS. I REMEMBER WHEN GVSRS RAN TOTALLY UN STAMPED, AND NOW IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE IS BUFFING THAT MUCH HARDER. RAILROAD COMPANYS HAVE A "SHIP TO RUN' AND ANYTHING THAT MAKES THERE JOB HARDER IS GOING TO PISS THEM OFF, AND IF THEIR TRAINS HAVE TO GET STAMPED THEY LOOSE TIME AND MONEY, SHIPPING DELAYS ECT. THAT FUCKS WITH THERE REPUTATION AS A COMPANY. YOU CANT TEACH IGNORANT PEOPLE HOW TO BE HOSPITABLE, AND ARROGANCE WILL JUST GET YOU BUSTED. 9|11 FUCKED UP AMERICA PERIOD, PRETTY SOON WE WILL ALL BE TERRORIST SOMEHOW. EVERYTHING IS GOING TO CHANCE SLOWLY BUT SURELY. SO ENJOY IT WILE IT LASTS, BECAUSE THE DAYS ARE NUMBERED. AND YOU GUYS WHO ARE JUST STARTING TO ROCK FREIGHTS PLEASE TAKE HEED TO WHATS BEING SAID HERE, ITS ALL TRUTH FROM DIFFERENT OF POINTS OF VEIW.

• 2 weeks later...

up here stuffs just heatin up but to many kids leave cans go over numbers hit walls all the way to the yards not just layups all of em lately with the influx of new jacks most spots stay cool because no one knows about em i hear ya its an interesting approach to a growing problem these are the glory days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Re: kill a toy... 187 'um

Originally posted by toyeraser

the best way to save the freights is to write "toy" 10 times in any bullshit graff you see and stab toys in the face when you catch them at your yard or hunt them down if you can find out who they are.

one toy stabbed in the face = 100 toys who will be too scared to set foot in your yard.

AND WHAT IF THE TOY IS GANGSTA AND STABS YOU IN THE FACE FIRST?

FUCKIN JERK-OFF.

• 2 weeks later...

DONT PAINT OVER THE NUMBERS

DONT PAINT THE ENIGNE, CABOOSE, ETC...

DONT GET CAUGHT GOING INTO UR SPOT

DONT GET CAUGHT LEAVING UR SPOT

DONT LEAVE CAPS OR CANS LAYING AROUND

DONT GO WITH NON-CREW MEMBERS THAT U REALLY DONT KNOW WELL TO SPOTS WITH, UNLESS THEIR OUT OF TOWNERS...

AND ALWAYS ALWAYS BE ON POINT...:king: :idea:

SO LETS ALL BE ON POINT AND DO OUR SHIT RIGHT AND I BELIEVE THERE WILL BE NO CRITICAL MASS...HOPEFULLY:o

everything of what he said. and u dont want many people runin thru your yard it would only bring heat. burn any of the people that keep poppin up fr8s as if this is where theyre painting. they will get the point and get tired of wastin paint. ive had it done to me when i was younger the shit works.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Southern kid

Be careful with using tape. Some adhecives remove that cheap paint the companys use. Particularly on older cars. It's best to just learn to paint around them.

are you serious? ive never seen that happen.

when you apply the tape just put pressure on the edge of the piece of tape, not in the center of the strip, that way it will be easier to remove too

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here's my 2 cents for those who care about the scene:

*For the fucks that paint the walls or trailors, cross-em out, bubble over em, etc. Buffin the shit is ideal, but I'm pretty lazy on that. Eventually, they will get mad and stay off the walls. If you see their shit on rails next to the walls, you gain a fill-in.

--If they dont respect your yard, you got the right to disrespect their peice.--

IF you want to be nice, crossem out and leave a note like, "people who burn my spot are queer" "stay out" or even "stay off the walls bitch" etc.

*If you must paint adjacent trains in the same line, flip your style. May not help, but atleast you tried. You can also gage where the fr8s are going to be arranged (NOT always true). For instance, company A loads reefers, which usually stay in front of the line and move out earlier. Company B loads extended height flats. You have a "fairly" good chance that the flats arent going to be close to the reefers for too long.

*bubble over toy shit that "pops" up in your yard. Could bring you beef, so be prepared to handle yer shit. This will help slowdown the critical mass process. Toys will stop painting hallows or silver toss-ups on fr8s, and only the nice shit will last. They will be forced to post their shit online for fr8 fame.

*Dont tell the internet world where you are paintin, this board has grown pretty popular, its easy for cops/bulls to go through the archives. My area has been a reccent victim of this shit. Good thing most of the people who are postin flicks there dont know where I'm from.

*rotate parking spots. Its better to park far and not cause suspition.

*Respect until disrespected

(By the way, I'm not an asshole, just know that one decade down the line, I'll quit. But nobody/bull is gonna force me into early retirement.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived