Selling a name

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

I dont know why but i just remembered that shit. I knew this kid that used to invent new names all the time, then in full secrecy he would hit up a few tags and throw ups...next move?

Dude was selling the name to some 12old year kid so he could brag on his school about it.

Thats a pretty childish thread, but anyway

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer

wow.....i might be that guy.

except i'm not selling shit...

seriously, i have way too many

alius's...the more the better in fact..

most of them are just..fairly ridiculous and

probably only humourous to myself and a

few friends...i keep about half a

dozen of them in heavy rotation

and it usually burns itself out and

i start writing a whole slew of

new ones. its too bad you don't live

near or in my little sphere of weirdness

tessro....we could have some good times.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by BROWNer

its too bad you don't live

near or in my little sphere of weirdness

tessro....we could have some good times.

Damn right Brown, i cant really geographicly define that sphere of yours but i think we're pretty close there...however if you and your girl are on for an exotic summertime in the sunny beaches of the meditarenean, you're welcome by me and wife...fun is guaranteed, swimming is cool:)

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by sixteenvandals

i actually thought about this one.

if you are famous enough i am sure there would be some buyers.

Yeah, on a 'dont hate the player, hate the game' scale its good business.

But when it comes to ones decency.....uugh:o

Guest imported_Tesseract

uuum, the fact that its your name? i mean sooner or later the kid wouls stubble uppon someone that knew you and...well you get it

so, I've been thinking this one over and I can't find anything wrong with it. Here are 2 sides of the story though...

In the best case scenario, it's enterprising, ensures some sort of city-wide style or influence and it gets fame for the originator(from the buyers) as well as the new kids(from the public). This assumes that the seller has style and is selling 'legit' names.

The worst case is a hundred kids all writing names like Cope, Dondi and Seen in wack styles all over a city, which is it's own form of urban blight, and some weak ass 'slum lord' perpetrating style for profit on an entire city...

Guest imported_Tesseract

The funny part is that it stays two-leveled for ever. The writers that are on for some time can trace the style of the kid that makes the new names, so they kinda give credit to him while the 12year old kid who bought the name gets credit for those pieces from his friends. Its funny cause i'm sure that not a single kid that bought a name painted a single piece under his 'new' name...the quality gap would be that big that everyone would think we're talking about 2 different writers.

I could say that its maybe good cause it prevents toys from going out on the street...but that would be to harsh.

Smart, i cant find anything THAT bad about it either. It surely is ridiculus though. I mean, i dont respect business when i cant relate to both partys.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Yeah, weird thing...Its sure that in time you'll find a better name(s) for your self, however you're always stuck on your first.

I guess we all need an identity after all....sucks

Archived