What is a torta?

Guest me IS cool

Guest me IS cool

Here's the jist of the anatomy of a torta fer all ya wankers...(haha that was a joke)

Ingredients:

1. The bread.

2. mayonaise

3. beans

4. the beef

5. lettuce (not the lts crew, the vegetable..haha)

6. cheese (optional)

7. sour cream(optional)

8. avocados(optional)

9. oinions (optional)

10. tomato (tomato, tomatoe...blah.)

Anyways you start off with the meat which you would use carne asada(which is grilled beef..available at your local chunte market. Prefferably make it in a frying pan.

Next get a bolillo (bo-lee-yo) which is a piece of baked bread that looks like a mutant. Cut bread horizontally along middle so that you have two pieces(see picture below. Add a bit of butter to it. then you drop that sucka onto the grill and let it chill for bit.

After the bread looks good and ready add mayonaise to the bastard.

After that get yourself some beans, refried are the best. Heat 'em up and add over mayonaise.

Once you got that far get yer meat and drop it onto the beans (you may cut up into smaller bits, for easier consumption).

Next get all your vegetables in line and chop them up. Chop up the lettuce, tomato, avocados, and onions. Don't forget to grate the cheese.

After you've done all that add the cheese on top of the meat, the heat will melt the cheese over the meat.

Next add the lettuce over the cheese.

Tomato follows the lettuce.

Now you may add onions and then sour cream to the bitchin combo.

Finally take the avocado and drop that nigga on top to finish it off.

Place torta on plate and enjoy.

For best taste comsume with a beer.

And that my students is how you make a torta... your life may once again resume it's normality.

Here's a picture f the finished product:

http://www.mind.net/tacos/torta.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

there was this little restaurant down the street from my apartment that made really good tortas, but they closed down. The new place that opened up makes HORRIBLE tortas with no hot sauce, jalapenos on the side, the bread is not fried, and there is no avocado. And I live in a Mexican neighborhood. I'm never going to that store again.

Guest me IS cool

Does anybody know where these things actually originated from? Cuz I love them too much and I was wondering if they truly are a mexican dish? Oh shit it's time for a torta! :P

Archived