whats the big deal with history???

REGULATOR

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

.THIS IS IT!!!

GO HERE. LEARN YOUR WRITERS AND THE WORK THEY PUT IN.

http://www.at149st.com/artists.html

This is one of the best sorces for history of past and present crews and writers.Study up. Then when your at your next suburban cocktail party with some NSYNC playing in the background, you can open your mouth and have something remotely interesting and informed to say.

CAPS............... your next asignment is due on tuesday

http://sprapex.com

CHEAP PAINT that should be expensive.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

i have alot of patience with people who are new, toys, dumb beef, egos, people who rock the way they do for whatever reasons, who is biting who. i figure its all part of the process. i have absolutely no tolerence for not for people who dont know the history, but for the ignorant ones who have a total lack of interest in knowing it. this to me is UNACCEPTABLE.

i would have much more respect for someone as a graf writer who was well versed in the history of graffiti as a whole and their local scene but couldnt paint a straight or consistant line or had no can control or rep vs. someone who has a ton of ups, kinged their city, clean trains, whatever, but has no idea of the history.

REGULATOR- Hoepfully you now understand the importance of learning your history.It will enable you to understand what you are trying to do in the game. Knowledge is power.If you want to learn, you will.There are those you will find who will teach you.It comes with time...it is not something you will learn online.You will learn it by living it. And when the time is right, you will have the keys to the fucked up bus called writing..where there are no transfers, the windows are smashed, it smells like bums and winos, and only writers will know how to enjoy that bus. They are out there..just keep hopping them...use ultrawides. Good lines to take are 14,15,22,7...and read the streets...they are the true dictionaries, and will not lie.History should be no mystery. Ask older brothers and friends of older brothers...seek, and you shall find....and study up!!!!!

" new york, new york, big city of dreams..and eveything in new york ain't always what it seems...you might get fooled if ya come from outta town...but I am down by law, and I know my way around.".

Guest GoBiloe

just to add on to the excellent points already made: you are engaging yourself in an activity in which others also took part, and you, like them, are doing it for the fame. presumably you want to be remembered when you are gone, therefore pay homage to them, give them their props and fame, and expect that the next generation will do the same for you when you have to drop out of the game.

Originally posted by cleansheets

REGULATOR- Hoepfully you now understand the importance of learning your history.It will enable you to understand what you are trying to do in the game. Knowledge is power.If you want to learn, you will.There are those you will find who will teach you.It comes with time...it is not something you will learn online.You will learn it by living it. And when the time is right, you will have the keys to the fucked up bus called writing..where there are no transfers, the windows are smashed, it smells like bums and winos, and only writers will know how to enjoy that bus. They are out there..just keep hopping them...use ultrawides. Good lines to take are 14,15,22,7...and read the streets...they are the true dictionaries, and will not lie.History should be no mystery. Ask older brothers and friends of older brothers...seek, and you shall find....and study up!!!!!

" new york, new york, big city of dreams..and eveything in new york ain't always what it seems...you might get fooled if ya come from outta town...but I am down by law, and I know my way around.".

Cleansheets, weren't you in Oakland a little while back? At least you sounded like you were when you claimed I wasn't "UP" around the creamery...

And in regards to knowing your history...Toys never know shit anyway. But when they stick to it - they, and we, learn through osmosis. It's stuff you pick up along the way that's important. Not all this nerdy name dropping that's pretty pointless when you really think about it.

Plus graff is all opinion - so who ever you get your info from, you're getting his or her personal take on it which could be very different from other graff writers A, B or C. People are always going to have the same names - that's a given, so if some toy decides to write "X" - fine - eventually they will find out that there was once another who made a name for himself perhaps, and will choose to change the name - don't toys always change their tags or stop writing anyway?

Just giving a different point of view...while trying not to undermine the importance of knowledge.

Guest THE LAW

...what's crazy is that like 5 people agreed with this tool before someone that didn't have his head up his ass replied.

THE LAW will concur for the most part with what SONIK has stated...

...NEVER met a great writer who didn't know what was up.

Originally posted by cleansheets

hell yea.......i love those old buses that all fucked up and got tags from 97 running under the seats...the 14s, 49s, and 38s are pure graff buses....meet alotta heads on those...were u from sf?

and regards to cheerleader.....you have no idea who i am so dont go assuming im some little toy who has 20 tags in the entire city and who has never climbed roofs or isnt running anything, im actually thankful of trash talkers like you because it gives incentive to get out and crush harder. and the amount of posts i have doesnt mean shit...im on the non graff related forum 90% of the time here

and your putting words in my mouth you fuckin faggot...i never said philly handstyles were irrelevent dumbshit....i said that i didnt like them because of personal taste!!! are we all supposed to jock philly handstyles just because they are deeep in history?? FUCK THAT...if i dont like...i dont like em...im not going to pretend i like them...go fuck yourself

and i didnt mean the history of tag names and shit....every writer needs to kno the history of certain names and shit....i was talking about writers in the past who were running certain cities and shit.....i kno the history of my name and who wrote it, so i hit up a 2 in their respect...knowing my history also steered me away from names that were used in the past. im amazed im getting so much shit for this, faggots like that cheerleader who would rather talk shit than voice an opinion

Originally posted by REGULATOR

and regards to cheerleader.....you have no idea who i am so dont go assuming im some little toy who has 20 tags in the entire city and who has never climbed roofs or isnt running anything, im actually thankful of trash talkers like you because it gives incentive to get out and crush harder. and the amount of posts i have doesnt mean shit...im on the non graff related forum 90% of the time here

and your putting words in my mouth you fuckin faggot...i never said philly handstyles were irrelevent dumbshit....i said that i didnt like them because of personal taste!!! are we all supposed to jock philly handstyles just because they are deeep in history?? FUCK THAT...if i dont like...i dont like em...im not going to pretend i like them...go fuck yourself

and i didnt mean the history of tag names and shit....every writer needs to kno the history of certain names and shit....i was talking about writers in the past who were running certain cities and shit.....i kno the history of my name and who wrote it, so i hit up a 2 in their respect...knowing my history also steered me away from names that were used in the past. im amazed im getting so much shit for this, faggots like that cheerleader who would rather talk shit than voice an opinion

regulator, i bet youre hot arent you. im sorry i got so *mad*...history IS irrelevant- like totally. and philly DOES suck...im sorry, i was just so sad that figured out our dirty secret- that all the philly bad boys do is make a bunch of up and down lines and then put an arrow!!! you figured out the secret that no one else could!!! you are such a Q-T!

=)

maybe we could make friends and do a tagg-up mission together!!! it would be soooooper fun! i also write a "2" next to my taggg name! in PHAT CAP style!!! u know what warren G says, right? REGULATOR!!! mount up!!! (as in "mount" me, you emo SF stallion!!!)

im sorry again. fuck philly hands, they stink like the boys locker room!!

*kisses from the cheer leader!!!*

if you don't know your past you won't have a future

i think knowin the history in what you do is important it gets you educated plus it also gets me hype to know how things came to involve into what you do now and how muched it's changed from styles and colors.

much love to all writers Peace

Archived