NYC **summer collections vol. 1**

OBEY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

u people are so blind actin like your hard core ass bombers, u cant even recognize artstic talent in its purest form, only a very small few of the people on here actually bomb like real soldiers, the rest of you talk shit and make quotes like " i wanna see some real bombin sunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, not that wack legal stuff", theres nothin wrong wit puttin your blood and sweat into creating somethin outta nothin, if any one of you peanut gallery mo fuckas had the opportunity to be down on those walls youd prolly "buy" the paint to get in on it . an thats the sad realityof it, stop hatin its graff anyway u look at it, i personally get more hasles and court problems when i paint a legal on the street then i do when i bomb, try to figure that out. u gotta deal wit,local derralic thugs talkin shit about "put up my homeboys, put my name up there", cops illegal harrasments, that fact that other writers can drive by and see what u look like.

think about what goes into a legal wall in nyc next time you talk shit about one . cuz unless your here, you got the wrong ideas

wheni see attractive bombing i photograph it, besides in NY most of the bombing is done on rooftops. the train moves too fast for an accurate picture.

legal walls boring?

i dont think so! especially when you dealing with heavy weights like the ones above. you got old schooler LADY PINK, TATS, TKID and then you got observe all those guys made the game what it is from an artistic stand point. that is if you look at it from the artist perspective. COPE,OVIE, OBSERVE all these people breakin barriers so the artform can continuously improve.

you may find it boring but its also opportunity toreally shine and flex your skills artistically, the legals as well as with the chill spots.

--my opinion---

im feelin you

IRON MAN

--I am eye to eye with you on the legal thing. there are walls i got written permission for but can only visit during business hours so i end up painting on my lunch break. even then cops pullin over, people goin in tryin to tell on me. one night i was almost in handcuffs!!! And other writers be scopin ya stuff lookin for you to slip so they can steal paint whatever. Then some folks see you puttin hard work they come through and toy it. that only happend to me once but the fact remains.

kaes, mulder

--i can respect what you mean by the picture thing. but national geographic got popular because with pictures folks got exposed to new cultures and ways of doin things. alot of things dont come across inpictures like texture. but they do convey style, if you gonna get truly good with this stuff you got to take all the pointers you can. there is something good in every piece, therefore there is something to learn in every piece

my 2cent pt2

by the way nice post, the SIEN5 is tight! Them trucks is off the hook as well

Originally posted by kissmyass#1

legal walls are boring....... you should have taken pictures of bombing instead. thats my opinion.

dont knock somthin just casue you cant do it if you had that much skill you would do the same thing and if you say you wouldent your a fruit

i obviously use the internet as a way of seeing things i would otherwise not be seeing, like all the shit i posted above. but i do feel dirty looking at all of this through a computer moniter. it was meant to be seen in the streets or wherever it was done. like when you go to a museum, or a yard...you just get this feeling in your gut and you know its meant to be.

i dont get to see graffiti in person much but i know that it was meant to be seen in that manner. you just catch a glimpse of someones effort riding a train and what not, and that split second does more for me than staring at that same effort on the pooter sitting on my ass in my room all comfortable drinkin a forty...

I can do better

I will tell you where it is, its in the bronx, WestFarms to be exact. i took that picture in august of 1999. its right below the 2&5 lines you see it right bfore the tremout ave stop on the elevated line. i would post more but my scanners broke if it was not id post even more pics of that wall. i dont have a graff site up yet so i cant give you a link but i aint jackin pics. i just get around.

Archived