Going Vegan

A Fire Inside

Guest blood as ink

i couldn't go vegan...i'm hidding towards the vegetarian thing...i love grilled cheese sandwichs,ice cream...couldn't go without that and milk too much...soy milk is ok...but nothing special...most vegan food i've had hasn't been that great but then again i've had some amazing vegan food also.alot of my friends are vegan and seem to love it like mormons are to bikes.if you can do it..that's great...i give you credit.

good luck with it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I wanna give a big sincere FUCK YOU! to all the people who need to shit on vegetarians and vegans non stop. Is it so fucking hard to see a thread about somebody going vegan and NOT post some stupid 3rd grade comment like "im a meat eater bitch!"

I could never go vegan...I dont have the drive to find all the nutritional substitutes, but I'm a vegetarian, and will be to the day I die. Good luck going vegan...and "fuck tha haters!"

word to that shit...its fucking retarded when your out with kids who may eat meat and they make a big dealk about it...i could give a fuck if tyou do or dont...why do kids gotta sweat the fact that i dont...and i hear you about going vegan, i was once real close to going vegan but just couldnt do it...im not spiritually strong enough to have that kind of commitment.

GO VEGGIE

Thanks a lot for this info, it's much appreciated.

So far I've gone a week without directly drinking milk or eating cheese. I don't want to dive right into it. I will deffinetly read into it and make sure I have thing's straight food-wise and nutrionally.

I'm used to people saying shit about me being a vegetarian, and expect it for veganism as well... even one of my vegetarian friends knocks me for it. Oh well, just more inspiration.

Thanks again.

As for why I want to go vegan... it's been a "goal" of mine to eventually become vegan. I was a vegetarian because I couldn't justify the killing. I am strongly against death in general (kinda weird and hard to explain.) I also have trouble justifying the living conditions of these animals.

"My true compassion is for all living things, and not just the ones that are cute so I do what I can"-Gorilla Biscuits

i'm pretty much in jobe's category. 95% vegan, but my weakness is pizza. i cave two times a month and i'm happy with that and feel like it's healthy both for my body and in the sense that i'm not repressing any desires. i'm coming up on 10 years vegetarian now, never sick or weak, never the slightest problem. buying expensive health food stuff is extremely helpful i must say- if you can swing it, it's worth it, and in my past experiences going completely vegan, it's essential to keeping you going. things like barbeque tofu replace, and are better than, that cheese you used to put in your vegetable sandwich. the tofu filled raviolis, especially the tomato ones are key. desserts, ah, lately i pass on them, but whereas soylicious and the others can be less than satisfying, tofutti brand 'cuties' ice cream sandwiches are the shizzle... snacks clif bars. lots of water. unfortunately all of those veggie slice soy cheese replacements suck ass- don't waste the 5 bucks buying them.

Guest serpent of the light

as far as i could tell that good clean fun quote was posted with sincerity. gcf is vegan, sugar free, and straight edge. their songs are funny, but don't take them seriously.

Originally posted by iCEBERG

just eat meat, whats the big fucking deal? its natural. its the way nature meant it to be. men eat meat, people eat meat. thats what we had an appendix for. we eventually ate so much of the shit we dont need it anymore, because we got so used to cooking it. just eat some fucking meat. god damn i love meat, an potatos, and mushrooms in my gravy.

a buncha non-meat eating wierdos. i just read that christopher walkin thread, an im goin to eat some hot dogs and make a steak sandwich. with mushrooms of course.

yea like i said i love meat.:D

ill never understand some people.

theres nothing wrong with eating meat. there are just healthier ways to live. u may get bigger if u eat meat and saturated fats but that doesnt mean ur healthier. and also, eating meat these days isnt as natural as it used to be. theres so many hormones and chemicals in meat these days that u dont even know what ur getting. if ur gonna eat meat, eat organic meat. cuz eating meat is natural. weve been doin it for thousands of years. but a lot of the meat around today isnt fresh or clean. its prepackaged and packed with bad shit. if the billion dollar corperations could give up pennies to have healthy cows meat would be a whole different story. but theyve gotta get as much money as possible (even though theyll never be able to spend it all) even if it means the meats shitty quality and unhealthy. i still say go vegan.

Originally posted by footsoldier

yo dont believe all the hype most people in this thread are sayin, fuck em. go vegan if you want to go vegan and fuck anyone who hates on you for it. ive been vegan for over 3 years and ive never had any problem, it seems like more girls have issues with this than guys and i think it just comes down to the amount of food you eat. most people on here are hating on vegan only because they are uneducated about animal rights issues, and im sure most dont care. but honestly just educate yourself about it, do what you think is right.

"consider someone else, go vegan or go fuck yourself" if yu cant tell this is sarcasm.

on top of beign uneducated to animal rights issues, a lot ofpeople just dont give a fuck about animals anyway. people are self centered and dont give a fuck if an animal dies or is put through hell. htey dont feel what the animals feel. a lot of people seam to think theyre the only ones with feelings at all. animals arent the reason i would go vegan tho. more because its healthy. if u do it right.

Originally posted by ese

I wanna give a big sincere FUCK YOU! to all the people who need to shit on vegetarians and vegans non stop. Is it so fucking hard to see a thread about somebody going vegan and NOT post some stupid 3rd grade comment like "im a meat eater bitch!"

I could never go vegan...I dont have the drive to find all the nutritional substitutes, but I'm a vegetarian, and will be to the day I die. Good luck going vegan...and "fuck tha haters!"

thanks for saving me the trouble of singling out each and every moron that have no self esteem whatsoever that they need to vent against vegans. I mean if I made a stand and said I shall never eat asparagus would any of you give a damn? why is it that every time something comes up about veganism or vegetarianism people feel the need to jump on the podium to claim I love meat blah blah blah...do I care that you love meat? no. do you own stock in meat. probably no. do you come from a family of butchers? doubt it. its like people were claiming they were never going to hang with other races again. its funny that you can read right through peoples insecurity through an internet message board. don't give me that shit about biology or nutrition. hey what ever gets you to sleep at night. read a book about meat eating if you feel so compassionate about an eating habit that you had absolutely no choice in making. do what your parents say and eat your meatloaf chumps.

I've been vegan for ten years. rule number one as a vegan don't tell anyone that you're a vegan. it will make your life miserable and you have to get into a debate with everyone that knows. if you're going out to dinner with someone then tell them but besides that keep it to yourself or you're setting yourself up to arguing the vegan message to everyone and their grandmother. if they ask why say you're allergic or lactose intolerant. they might accept that. but don't ever tell the truth it will cause more problems. people cant accept that you chose this lifestyle willingly. don't try to be a vegan billboard no one will convert and if they do it'll be for a week. if someone is genuinely interested give them some tips and suggest a good book.

I could be wrong but Amy's has almost nothing that is vegan. I was never an Amy's fan so I can't say for sure but most of their products contain casienate. which is from dairy. its the chemical that helps to make the soy cheese melt. I don't know where you live but look for some health food stores in the area like whole foods or local mom and pop places. if not try the internet there are some places that deliver.

my best advice. go slow there is no rush. you have your whole life ahead of you. if you are caught up on pizza or starcrunchers or something don't stop cold turkey. your body needs to get used to things. you have eaten meat your whole life so things are going to be strange for awhile you might feel a bit weird at times. its like switching to diesel in your unleaded gas tank. replace things tit for tat. milk with soy milk or rice milk. butter with margarine, milk chocolate with dark chocolate. and prepare to teach yourself to be a chef. get cook books and experiment, a lot. consider time constraints since food isn't something that I always enjoy preparing so first thing is think quick food. something that gives you carbos, protein, calcium. anything else is a breeze. carbos=rice, pasta, potatoes. calcium= dark leafy greens the more green the more calcium. protein=grains, legumes, greens, nuts, tofu and seitan will become your best friends.

about getting sick. bullshit. I get one cold a year if that. actually the bacteria, hormones, and antibiotics in meat and dairy is going to get you sick ten times quicker than a vegan diet. this world is set up for meat eaters so of course its difficult to go against the grain but it takes no more planning than a meat eating diet. as if meat eaters are scrutinizing every little vitamin. right. vegans are ten times more aware of what goes in their bodies therefore more conscious of what is going on. I met an eighty year old vegan that was into macrobiotics and he said I have been vegan for 60 years and turning vegan is the best thing that you have done. most of my friends

have died, particularly from cancer, and thoughs that are still alive have no energy and have some sort of ailment. I am active and there has been little change from my activities since I was in college. are you going to lose weight, sure you are dairy is one of the most fattening foods there is. but Americans need to wake up and realize what fat bastards you have become. the average nowadays seems to fall somewhere between obese and triple chins. I think losing weight is a good thing.

finally don't worry about taking vitamins. they are proven to be worthless and have little to no effect on humans that eat food. people in ethiopia that have no food need vitamins, not people that eat food.

any questions don't hesitate to ask.

heres some links that might help recipes, ethics etc.

http://www.veganism.com/

http://www.choosevegan.com/

Archived