Going Vegan

A Fire Inside

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

being vegan isn't as trendy as it used to be probably because it is not very good for you. you need both saturated and unsaturated fats in your diet. plants do not make saturated fats. animals are the only producer of saturated fats so you need that in your diet. cholesterol (saturated fats) is used to make sex hormones which is even more important when you are younger to make sure that your body developes properly. basically if you don't eat animal products you could fuck up your nuts.

Guest serpent of the light
Originally posted by Iris

being vegan isn't as trendy as it used to be probably because it is not very good for you. you need both saturated and unsaturated fats in your diet. plants do not make saturated fats. animals are the only producer of saturated fats so you need that in your diet. cholesterol (saturated fats) is used to make sex hormones which is even more important when you are younger to make sure that your body developes properly. basically if you don't eat animal products you could fuck up your nuts.

dude, the part about the necessity of saturated fat is not fully true. the point about being really fucking careful is. one of my ex-gf's was vegan, she completely stunted her growth, and fucked up some of her shit. my friend who just went back to being vegetarian, lost 35 pounds while being vegan, your blood type is a huge factor, see a trainer about this. some blood types require atleast dairy within your system (this relates to the necessity of animals) to maintain constant bodyweight. my friend was using protein shakes and everything, and he still lost it. being vegan is really respectable, but its really dangerous too. i did it for 3 months, i was sick the whole time, even with hard work about minerals and whatnot.

if you can do it, awesome, but its really fucking hard. good luck.

Originally posted by serpent of the light

dude, the part about the necessity of saturated fat is not fully true. the point about being really fucking careful is. one of my ex-gf's was vegan, she completely stunted her growth, and fucked up some of her shit. my friend who just went back to being vegetarian, lost 35 pounds while being vegan, your blood type is a huge factor, see a trainer about this. some blood types require atleast dairy within your system (this relates to the necessity of animals) to maintain constant bodyweight. my friend was using protein shakes and everything, and he still lost it. being vegan is really respectable, but its really dangerous too. i did it for 3 months, i was sick the whole time, even with hard work about minerals and whatnot.

if you can do it, awesome, but its really fucking hard. good luck.

how can you dispute simple biology?

Guest MR BOJANGLES

vegan recipie:

bean pie.

1. get some beans

2.dont add nothing else

3.cook 10 minutes or until soggy

4. serve

hahahahahhaa...just messin witcha!

i agree that it should be a recipe and advice thread, but that stuff about saturated fat and cholesterol is just incorrect. Saturated fats are found in nuts, legumes, vegetables, and all sorts of plant products. almost all sources have both saturated AND unsaturated fat. Canola Oil is popular nowadays because it has less than 10% saturated fat. on the other end of the spectrum is palm kernel oil and cocnut oils, which is over 90% saturated fat. a good way to tell what has a significant amount of saturated fat is if it is liquid or solid at room temperature. liquid at room temperature means its more unsaturated, and solid means its more saturated. animal fat is mostly saturated thats why lard and butter is solid at room temperature. margerine played on this fact and said "hey, its vegetable oil, not animal fat" well, all they did was saturate the fat with Hydrogen atoms to make it saturated oil just like animal fat. even worse, this man made lipid became its own class called TransFatty Acids which are even worse for you than natural saturated fat. thats proboly where people get misinformed about where saturated and unsaturated fats come from.

one thing that plant foods lack is cholesterol. cholesterol is produced by animals, not plants. we humans, animals, make our own cholesterol, so i haven't found anywhere in any literature any negative side effects of a cholesterol-free diet.

One thing that plants have that animal products lack is Fiber, which is essential to proper maintainence to your digestive track. the way i see it is, an all plant (choletserol-free)diet is a lot more beneficial than an all-meat (fiber-deficient)diet.

The one thing i must add and is the most IMPORTANT is VITAMIN B-12

Vitamin B-12 is the one link that proves that veganism is unnatural for humans. this vitamin is used in trace amounts and is stored in the body for up to five years. so you will go years being a vegan before you notice damage to your nervous system. THIS DAMAGE IS IRREVERSABLE. don't fuck around. you will have twitches, or slow responses or some kind of symptom of nervous system damage if you don't consume B-12, and you will never rid yourself of the problem.

The solution to B-12 is supplements. the supplements are made of a type of yeast that produces B-12. Called Nutritional Yeast. Or pills. Buy B-12 Lozenges from your health food store and suck on one every morning. worked for me. Yeast is neither an animal nor a plant.

yes, as someone said veganism is looks unhealthy. veganism itself isn't necessarily unhealthy, but the diets of vegans are usually lacking in essential nutrients. a healthy vegan diet consists of whole grains--like brown rice, WHOLE wheat products (NOT "wheat". this "wheat bread" is just like white flour but just unbleached, the nutrients were still removed). you need to eat fresh vegetables, usually dark green like spinach, broccoli--the lettuce at taco bell is practically nutritionally void--these vegetables make up for nutrients not consumed in dairy, as well as tons of antioxidants, and vitamins and minerals. eat tons of nuts, fresh fruit, beans, etc...

if you follow these guidelines, you should remain healthy. if you becopme vegan by just cutting out pizza and omelettes, but eat just boca burgers on white bread with ketchup and iceberg lettuce, you'll wither away and people will think you're on crack.

basically i'm saying, if you don't have the dedication to eat totally granola-head health food, don't become a vegan, because you will only sacrifice your health.

whoa, longest post i've ever typed. :dazed:

Originally posted by cmeup

how tha fuck could you?

see, myself, im a simple man.

if something takes to much effort... say oooohhh looking for some 'vegan' food, or going outta my way to find a restraunt for vegan's...

i ugghhhh prolly wont be doing it...

:D

hahahaha!

i dont get how you could live like that! weirdos!

peace veganFBE<~ lol

i hate to argue this because it never gets anyone anywhere, and i normally respect anyones opinions, and i do yours, but i just want to say that i think those that are willing to put effort forth into something that is important to them, and those that aren't willing to put any effort forth, say a lot about themselves by doing so. I'm not vegan, just vegetarian, and i have no desire to argue with anyone.

i will have to say though, that bit about saturated fats is not true. It is not necessary for everybody. and it's not a matter of simple biology, no biology is simple.

and yes, they make vegetarian hot dogs, called smart dogs. shit rules.

i'm a meat eater, but would never go vegan because of one reason : DEDICATION. if you don't have the dedication to make sure you're getting everything you need, your diet won't work. a friend of mine was vegan for years and he looked like he was dying most of the time cos he just wasn't eating properly.

great vegan treats...AMYS makes a bunch of shit thats awsome like pizzas, tv dinners, pizza pockets yadda yadda...health is wealth s another awsoime company...they make these vegan buffalo wings...im a buffalo wing feind and its always been my weakness...ive coe SOOOO close to just saying fuck it and diggin in when my pops or freinds get a bucket and that smll hits me...anyways...they make a vegan wing thats unbeleiveable...sooo good...yeah uhm...look inthe internet for recipies yo, there a buhzillion of them...

and good luck...

GO VEGGIE

Guest willy.wonka

why are you going vegan???

because i do believe in a well balanced diet..

unless it "man doesnt live on bread alone" type deal...

whatever happened to that VeganDraftDodgerY3K guy?

Ill bet 75% of the people on this board dont know who he is.

we used to have some really good vegan threads. and religion threads too. now people just post stupid pictures in a lame attempt to be the next makros.

i miss the old days..

Originally posted by mapo wc

whatever happened to that VeganDraftDodgerY3K guy?

Ill bet 75% of the people on this board dont know who he is.

we used to have some really good vegan threads. and religion threads too. now people just post stupid pictures in a lame attempt to be the next makros.

i miss the old days..

http://www.tornadohills.com/dahmer/renamed2/dahmer33.gif'>

i know, i hate people like that

Originally posted by Iris

lol. i say go vegan. its definately good for u. my step dad is vegan and hes a healthy guy. u will always here arguments from both sides on why its good or bad. i think its a healthy way to live. im not vegan but i know quite a few and theyre healthy and seem to have healthy sexual relationships. i was a vegetarian til i was 6 but then i tried meat and i never went back. go vegan bro!!!!

peace

"they say u are what u eat, so i strive to eat healthy

my goal in life is not to be rich or wealthy

cuz tru wealth, comes from good health and wise ways

we gotta start takin better care of ourselves.... be healthy yal"

dead prez

I don't think I could go vegan. Then what would I make my protein milk-shakes out of? I've been veggie for a long time and that's fine. But going vegan, try not to starve your self...

"The animals, I see their pain with ease

But don't expect me to eat a pizza without cheese"

-Good Clean Fun

just eat meat, whats the big fucking deal? its natural. its the way nature meant it to be. men eat meat, people eat meat. thats what we had an appendix for. we eventually ate so much of the shit we dont need it anymore, because we got so used to cooking it. just eat some fucking meat. god damn i love meat, an potatos, and mushrooms in my gravy.

a buncha non-meat eating wierdos. i just read that christopher walkin thread, an im goin to eat some hot dogs and make a steak sandwich. with mushrooms of course.

yea like i said i love meat.:D

ill never understand some people.

yo dont believe all the hype most people in this thread are sayin, fuck em. go vegan if you want to go vegan and fuck anyone who hates on you for it. ive been vegan for over 3 years and ive never had any problem, it seems like more girls have issues with this than guys and i think it just comes down to the amount of food you eat. most people on here are hating on vegan only because they are uneducated about animal rights issues, and im sure most dont care. but honestly just educate yourself about it, do what you think is right.

"consider someone else, go vegan or go fuck yourself" if yu cant tell this is sarcasm.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by BROWNer

i bet you love shitting digested flesh too.

Actually, I do. Everytime I eat a lot of meat, the next few days are shit heaven. The shit comes out in discreet, enjoyable packets, hard enough to leave minimal and almost insignificant stains on my anus. On the other hand, when I eat vegetables, pasta, and overall less meat, my shit comes out more gooey, dirty, and much, MUCH smellier.

Meat makes for good shits... At least for me. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest BROWNer

delicious. but..you can achieve nice hard

logs of shit by consuming lots of pasta....the starch makes it real hard,

with a gritty, sand like consistency that helps with hemorroidal itch.

bump for the toxic waltz.

going vegan is a relatively simpledecision if you are acompassionate human and have the funds.

due to religious decisions i eat vegan most of the time 90% of my meals but other meals at times contain dairy.

i have lived 100% vegan for about six yrs and never once gotten sick due to my new diet, i did get sick, because of my bodies inability to comprehend what i was doing was better for it, i had an interceseption of the large intestine, basically because all the meat i ate for the first 11 years of my life had made my intestines so rigid and muscular that when i stopped eating the flesh and semen of death they turned soft, now they are great, i am healthy i rarely get sick and am a much happier person knowing that my life doesnt directly contribute to the death and torture of millionsof innocent sentient beings a year.

iurge you to go vegan as best as you can, i dont care if you are a militant vegan or a part timer, the choice you make impacts the animals you desire to save. if you slip up and have some breyers strawberry ice cream it isnt so bad, the cows are treated relatively well at the breyers farms and they dontuse hormones or antibiotics in their feed. but if you run down to BK and get a cheese delight its time to rethink your morality. being a vegan usually will lead to a more naturalistic thought process about your effect on the environment and the social implications of far reaching ideologies like globalization etc.

vegan recipes when i get home...

Archived