FUCK ALL THIS FALSE PATRIOTISM!

patrickjilbert

x-X-x-X-x-X-x-X-x-X-x-X-x-X-x-X-x-X-x-X-x-X-x-X-x-X-x-X-x-X-x-X-x

peoples firm opinions on the system or whatever whatever dont really fly with me. you are just as uneducated to the ways these complex things work as i am. but i know better then to stand up and preach on something that has a foundation of zero relevance other than the way you believe things to be.

the truth is most people are far far from reality. and they dont even know it.

people try to overstand to much which is why i tend not to get my hands dirty and only make observations.

being for or against a certian situation means to be already in the wrong

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive said this before kinda off subject but kinda not i feel that all those people who wish for world peace or expect it out of no were are stupid before world peace we need world understanding this basically means that how can the world be peace when we dont know the world..(hope i made sence in my paragraph)>...

for shame!

As an American living abroad (for most of my life), I have always been very proud of being American. I believe(d) that being American wasn't simply about being born there, but about the ideas in the constitution. Here was a country that would uphold my rights (esp. freedom of speech).

But more than that, America, and more specifically New York IS THE NEW ROME. A huge hub of all sorts of activity; economic, artistic, ethnically diverse and complex. Everyone I have every met has been at least a little in awe of New York; it's one of those places you just have to go eventually. I always said I would go home after the free college available here in Ireland - and I have looked forward to it my entire life

When I watched the towers collapse it disturbed me more than a death in the family, because I saw them as something that would endure longer than I, it was like watching the Parthenon become ash.

Last night I watched the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics. I watched the flag from the WTC being marched in BEFORE the athletes, and I was APPALLED. Dow DARE they HIJACK the games in this fashion? The point of the games, even in ancient Greece, was that war and POLITICS were left outside, and the focus was on the atheletes. What if there WERE a team from Afghanistan? Would they have been allowed to participate?

It got worse, the opening display of ice skating was a hideously allegory-laden moral message to the world: *enter "child of light", child scared by ice warriors, child finds "fire within" to fight back, all the forest dwellers help him, the warriors beaten back, everyone is happy*.

This is VERY SCARY SHIT. This is practically mind control.

They made me ashamed to be American. They made me feel unsafe, more than any terrorist ever could. I doubt whether I will go "home" now.

thousand of BABIES are DYING in AFRICA of AIDS, needless to say they didn't get a mention amidst all the flag waving. Nobody cares because they aren't American.

*BY CONSTANTLY EMPHASISING THE EVENTS A SEPT. 11. YOU ARE CLEARLY DECLARING THAT AMERICAN LIVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE LIVES OF OTHERS. sound familiar, it should....remember how NAZI GERMANY ALSO HIJACKED THE GAMES...........*

also on the usa tip......i remember one time on t.v(people in usa would not have seen the canadian side so...)the olimpics was showing the 100m and donaven baliey won and got the record then right after america went on talking about some american who won gold in boxing or(i dont really know what sport it was but then again this was a long time ago)then they totally just left the 100m and went on to show an american winning something else...it seemed that when i watched my local station(in canada)it showed every thing yet on the us channels it only showen us people winning....not just on the olmipics but everything they seem to not care about anyone else out side there country..i know alot of people already know this but i just wanted to say it again and get it out the reason why america loves there country and only there country is cause they dont know better most americans dont know jack about anywere else even the most educated............werid huh..!!!...its really funny to see peoples stupidty to other country go as funny jokes(as seen in alot of us t.v shows)....

shoulda just left this thread where it was.

jilbert, stop acting like some freaking 16 year old anarchist. mothers fathers sisters brothers uncles aunts grandmothers grandfathers sons and daughters were killed when those two planes hit those towers. if people want to salute the flag that stands for the country that they live in then let them do it. it doesnt bother me, and it shouldnt bother you.

another thing, if you are so pissed off about being a tool (i wouldnt entirely disagree), then dont post on a graffiti message board. get the hell out of your house and freaking do something about it. its not going to do you any good posting sucky drawings that a four year old could do, and making it sound cool that people are setting national symbols on fire. Those flags mean something to some people. People died for us to be free. If you dont want to show any gratitude at all, then think about how it could be. Move to Russia where corruption runs rampant and the government will hold a gun to your head if they dont like what you say.

DO IT!

Originally posted by Harpo Marx

If you dont want to show any gratitude at all, then think about how it could be. Move to Russia where corruption runs rampant and the government will hold a gun to your head if they dont like what you say.

DO IT!

yes, eat up silently while your fellow human starves for being born in the wrong place. DO IT!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Harpo Marx

. Move to Russia where corruption runs rampant and the government will hold a gun to your head if they dont like what you say.

DO IT!

and another thing, there are MUCH worse places right now than Russia for oppresive government. So I'm guessing you used that example due to the bizzare American terror of all things communist. who's a tool......?

yeah fuck this american pride bandwagon..why dont they display what the government really is..america is made and founded on bullshit artists..on another note..on the evening of september 12th i accompanied my boy on a walk..some suckers ran up on us and he sliced a couple up with a boxcutter and someone called the pigs..arrest and shit but i thought they were going to come up with some new law about crimes with boxcutters after 9/11..i guess theres some law that prevents that..

Originally posted by SenorSeven

Clever- madison wanted people to worry about their money...to improve their life...not what the government was doing- the peoples involvement is through voting...and thats all thats necessary according to madison-

How can people vote effectively if they don't pay attention to politics and government? And if their involvement is through voting then they better realize where the people they are voting for find their special interest investors and question the motives behind them, or your vote isn't worth the paper it's marked on.

Also, If you gave your friend a bunch of your own money each month for him to use, without asking him for any back, wouldn't you want to know what the fuck he was doing with all of your hard earned cheddar?? That's what your tax dollars amount to, and I know I personally want to keep the closest tabs possible on where my money is going and what it's being used for.

The idea your talking about is basically Adam Smith's principle of an "invisible hand" guiding what goes on in a market economy such as ours; which in my mind is a full-of-shit theory. And if Madison thought we should only be worried about our personal well being and put our blind faith into the government then he was full of shit as well.

The government is quick to hussle your ass if they catch you sleepin.

Originally posted by bodice_ripper

and another thing, there are MUCH worse places right now than Russia for oppresive government. So I'm guessing you used that example due to the bizzare American terror of all things communist. who's a tool......?

right you are. and yes, im aware that there are worse places.

tool as in dink

harpo, i mentioned nothing about anarchism at all. but if you made that assumption then sorry. i was simply stating my opinion. but cheap shots at my drawings has nothing to do with this at all.

'channel zero' is not exactly the graf section of the boards is it? it's for everything but graf. a lot of people on here have interesting opinions and it's good to hear what everyone has to say.

saying something is doing something.

thanks to all who have posted something worthwile, not "dude your drawings suck my 4 year old cousin could do better you suck dude".

Guest Agt. Adopus

Archived