FUCK ALL THIS FALSE PATRIOTISM!

patrickjilbert

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea im also getting annoyed of hearing that EVERYTHING is dedicated to sept 11, this sept 11, that sept 11, god damn....america is fuckin naive....if we had to go through half of what any other country had to go through we wouldnt be so fuckin stupid....bombings and terrorist attacks are part of everyday life in parts of teh world

what you two seem to be forgetting - this is the first time we've been "attacked" on our own soil since pearl harbor... and as said before - it takes tragedys to open peoples eyes- make them realize waht they have....what about that is so hard to comprehend? seriously- it might get stale and old hearing if you dont have a mind to think with-

maybe the shti didnt have any type of effect on your life...those people whos it did cant just be like "ah im tired of hearing about sept 11"

the things said by people on this board scare me knowing most are part of my generation...

Originally posted by regulator

yea im also getting annoyed of hearing that EVERYTHING is dedicated to sept 11, this sept 11, that sept 11, god damn....america is fuckin naive....if we had to go through half of what any other country had to go through we wouldnt be so fuckin stupid....bombings and terrorist attacks are part of everyday life in parts of teh world

AMEN

im just saying...all thise sept11 banter is really getting annoying....everyday i hear something about sept 11 and its quie frankly played out...the media needs to find something new to feed off off....im not denying the fact that it was a tragic attack and shit...but for freall....the media needs to get off 9-11's "jock"

Originally posted by SenorSeven

what you two seem to be forgetting - this is the first time we've been "attacked" on our own soil since pearl harbor... and as said before - it takes tragedys to open peoples eyes- make them realize waht they have....what about that is so hard to comprehend? seriously- it might get stale and old hearing if you dont have a mind to think with-

thats not it at all , what were saying is that its sad/pathetic that it takes such a tragedy to make ppl see what they have , and that what they have is so fragile.

the fact that its the first attack since pearl harbour isnt an excuse for our own ignorance/niaevety , like REG said , terrorism is life in many other parts of the world , and its sad that our society is so caught up in its own minor lives and troubles that we dont even notice . and it takes a personal attack on the US for us to realise it.....

also that its not that we dont have minds to think with , just the opposite , we have minds to think with , and open minds at that........its close minded self indulging ppl that dont wake up to the realities of life around the world that arent thinking right............EVERYTHING , is dedicated to sept 11......which is honourable , but sad also bc nobody dedicates or raise money for bombings is isreal , or ireland ....or when the embassy in africe was attacked by terrorists...or remembers the dates to when the berlin wall collapsed (nov 9 , 89 ) or the Tiananmen square massacre (june 4 , 89 ) or even the oklahoma city bombing (april 19 , 95 ).......ppl are so bent up on thier own insignificant lives that they dont want to bother to see the real state of human nature , which is appauling.......

Over 4000 innocent people trying to pay their bills at work killed in a matter of a couple hours. Get off the jock. That's like after Pearl Harbor saying we should stop talking about the war half way through the war. Played out? This ain't a Limp Bizkit song. This is news.

compare that to the countless people in Isral, europe, africa, and other countries killed by terrorism, etc over the years, just trying to live their own lives....the starving people in somalia were just as innocent as the office workers in the wtc....just because it happened in a few hours doesnt really mean anything....america is acting all surprised when it shouldnt....they should realize that their is a threat to their ignorant little lives

I totally agree with the last comment the we SHOULD pay more attention to every day tragedies but then that should be the gripe. That we should talk about other tragedies more NOT we should get over and stop discussing the events of 9/11 or any of the other issues that regard it.

"im also getting sick of all this god bless america bullshit....god during the olympics all we are going to see is this god bless america..."i won this medal for the firefighters of 9-11" crap.....seriously, if it took 5,000 lives to wake up america then thats pretty sad" - regulator

exactly regulator. EVERYBODY is going for some bullshit like that. brace yourselves for the wearing of NewYorkFireDepartment and NewYorkPoliceDepartment gear too.

i'm all for helping everyone out too, but the media and government use it as a tool (as we are the tools also) for buying shit, sending people off to war, and passing laws like the patriot act. [as shown below]

- thousands of americans were killed.. BUY A FORD TRUCK!

- pretend like you knew somebody that died.. FLY A FLAG AND KILL THAT OSAMA MUFUCKER!

- after this terrible tragedy, let's take away some of your priceless freedom for the sake of security (that won't really be that helpful - what constitution?).

osama bin laden is used as a scapegoat. he's one person we can all put a blame on. i'm sure he isn't innocent, but i think he's somewhat of a social figure we all can 'love to hate'. it's probably easier for the gov't and media to get people worked up about. that's all just my opinion and guess though.

it's embarrassing seeing all kinds of kids at school whoring the american flags on their backpacks and satchels. you can't escape the flag anymore. i even saw some guy wearing a NYFD hat yesterday at a gas station. america has gone dumb and blind for the most part. i am guessing that it has been around for quite some time now though...

http://www.ttyl.net/firstamendment/flag%20burning.jpg'>

Guest willy.wonka

I COMPLAIN ABOUT AMERICA TOO MUCH...

dont you guys realize that bush is doing everything he can....president bush is hear to help and save the "world" actually, from terrorism..

you guys take everything forgranted..bunch of babies..you dont like it?then leave...

Guest willy.wonka

you guys just dont understand!!!

WE ARE AMERICANS AND WE SHOULD BE PROUD AND WE SHOULD STAND TALL AGAINST EVIL SUCH AS BIN "LADIN"......

I don't see what the big deal is. This is like the 14th thread patrick has started on this subject. I mean if you don't want to hear about it don't make threads about it. I haven't seen one on 12oz for some time now. Even if it's on the news all the time 12oz could have been your haven. What's wrong with buying FDNY shit. Buying stuff will help out our economy, it's getting stagnant and alot of people are not buying shit do to fear of lay offs etc. Maybe me buying that FDNY hat will help pay for a new fire truck that got destroyed. Maybe it will give support to know that we remember those firefighters that died. Can you imagine how that firefighters wife & kids must feel like. Maybe showing our support can somehow make let them know we appreciate what her husband/father was doing? The overwhelming patriotism has nothing to do with the Patriot act getting passed. It made congress and the president easier to do it knowing most of us were behind them pasing that needed bill. But if the majority were against it they probably would of passed it anyways. They have passed plenty of bullshit bills that the public didn't like anyways.

the reason is that its a big deal is because its only the 2nd time we've ever been attacked...

the middle east is used to this shit..all they do is fight...thats why its no big deal to them...

so beacuse its no big deal to them, because they experience suicide bombers constantly, we should just say "hey 9 11...what a day lets never talk about it again?" you guys are fucking idiots- seriously... you try to make some valid points by saying the most stupidest shit i have ever read in my life...and thats not a joke...

whoever said "i love america and if you dont get out"....hmmm you obviously dont believe in what america stands for if you tell someone to get out- figured id point that out as well...

everyone is acting like a precious piece of shit...the reason i said stop looking at corruption and corruption only is because its negative..if you only look at negative...guess what....nothing positive comes out- you guys keep saying "our government our government" if it so bad do something about it...if it sucks that bad....you can do soemthing....and it seems most have no clue whati m talking about since many of the ideas that i mention from the past arent even spoke about........

Originally posted by SenorSeven

the reason is that its a big deal is because its only the 2nd time we've ever been attacked...

the middle east is used to this shit..all they do is fight...thats why its no big deal to them...

youve got to be kidding , ur minds not right

Originally posted by Giving Tree

exausting? ok.. was socrates exhausted when he started asking why? philosophy was BULLSHIT up until then... bullshit.. but SOCRATES made it good.. how? he asked why....

there is a diference between going out of you way to uncover every atrocity the US has ever been apart of, and asking "why"

How have you left the comfort of your more than likely middle class reality to fight these things that happen so often? If the answer is any less than everyday of your life, then that is giving up. Do you understand that grilling up another pseudo-intellectual conversation with your pals or ranting about this on the internet is going to absolutely JACK SHIT, andin fact, while your trying to prove someone else's opionion wrong, there have been more shady bills passed that fuck me and you over?

The need to understand and "wonder", if it even exists, only challenged your bedroom where you get the ideas you have. Is understanding motivating enough for you to get off your computer chair and actually do something to, even in the smallest voice, change the way it alllll works? it sure as hell isn't.

Guest im not witty

to whoever said if it wasnt for capitalism we wouldnt be enjoying the lives we have now, youre absolutely right, we'd be enjoying lives ten times better.

what alot of you people dont realize is that no one cares what you say

or who gets bombed, or what they can use to sell you things, as long as you keep buying them. you can buy ford trucks or anarchist books, as long as your buying shit, the oppression continues.

read "culture jam" its a great book, full of interesting information. goodnight.

word. the "patriotism" that everyone seems to be claiming in the states is just another passing fad. where was the unity before all the hype came? americans may claim to be patriotic but if they were peace would be established and the fighting within america would diminish. patriotism is following the beliefs that the founding fathers meant for america. life, love, the persute of happiness.... blah blah blah. people arent patirotic because they do not follow the basic principals by which the united states were based upon. when i start seeing more integrity out of people and pride in being good people then i will say that america is patriotic. but this bandwagon of "patriotism" that the ignorant sheep of america have jumped on is as fake as pamela lees tits. just more propoganda bullshti that makes me wish i could bitch slap a whole country.

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by Agt. Adopus

I'm a patriot, I wear Nikes!!!

ahhh....

we need to pray to the all mighty Dallah !

here's a point that really disturbes me about "God Bless America".

What 'God' are they talking about? Has America invented a new,

multi-faith God who looks like Washington, leads like Lincon and loves like Kenedy?

There is zero mention of Christ. Zero mention of Jah, Allah, Jehova etc.

This new american God is true idolatry, and the dogma is "Patriotism".

How very american...

Well the classic religon doesn't quite meet our needs, so well make our own that's better than anybody else.

hipocracy

Don't like 4-5 thousand people die everyday from smoking

related illnesses??? Why aren't their murderers (tobaco Co.'s)

being attacted with the same vigilance as the WTC perpetrators?

Why aren't we banding together against those killers as we are

againtst the terrorists?

It would seem to me that 4 to 5 thousand people a day is a much

larger problem than 4000 once in our long history. Is it population control?

Or is it because these murderers buy off all of our mainstream politicians?

Or is it because these murderers bring in billions in tax revenues?

Whatever the reason(s), our priorities are all out of wack...

Also, I have a hard time believing that country of our might and resources cannot

find one man in a country smaller than Texas...another story

oh, and uh, I have nothing against smoking-just using it as an exapmple..

if you want you can substitute automobile fatalities in place of smoking..same point

Guest --zeSto--

Re: hipocracy

Originally posted by IzzeWST

Or is it because these murderers buy off all of our mainstream politicians?

Or is it because these murderers bring in billions in tax revenues?

yes.

In fact... the entire world's economy was originally fueled by..

• Stolen Gold
  • Stolen Diamonds
  • Sugar
  • Slaves
  • Fur
  • Tobacco
  • spices for food
  • toys for the rich

And then people taxed the products and became rich.

It was the rich cotton merchants (former slave owners who now pay tax)

and the liquor industry (former Bootleggers and Rum runners who now pay tax)

who outlawed Hemp and Marijuana, so they could stay rich.

wellcome to the land of the free.

Praise be to the Dollah.

Guest BROWNer

the US government has a job which, arguably, they do better

than any other government....

people in america(generally speaking) don't give a rats ass about anything

except their kids, families, income and possesions...the self...and gossip.

its a big, ugly, nasty ass job to keep the collective

monstrosity of the american public happy and chugging along.

so.......on with the fraud. the more things change, the more they

stay the same.

Guest --zeSto--

ok BROWNer...

It's a hard job to keep the masses in check,

but the system is designed to keep the Rich rich, and the Poor poor.

I think most european countries do much better than the USA in terms of

actually supporting the ENTIRE population. The rich are treated well,

and the junkies on the street are treated well. People care about the

state of their country because it's a relative issue. The world wars

forced small countries to have aGlobal Consciousness.

The only problem with America is that they believe the ARE THE WORLD!

Not a part of earth, not a part of the human race...

but the pinacle of evolution, politics, culture and society.

Archived