handstyles part 2

freeque

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alrite i just visited that site, and personaly i think some of those handstyles are sorta over-rated......but watever....im used to the westcoast style of writing so those philly hands werent too appealing....if i saw some of those on a wall here i would personally think they looked like the bushopping style here in SF...but who cares what i think...its just a diff. taste on the diff. coasts

well...the "west coast" is kinda vague...but unless youre talkin about cholo shit, these philly hands been around before any handstyle youre speaking of existed on your coast.

dont get me wrong, we got mad love for the west in philly...but, as ive said time and time again on this site, if you dont "get" philly hands or how next level they are its because either: 1) you suck at graffiti or 2) you know zero about the history of it.

in some cases, people are guilty of both.

philly has love for all good handstyle crafts(wo)men...but its a two-way street. if you really think these shitty pilot tags are comparable, theres no point in the discusion because you obviously learned about graffiti on the internet...and suck horribly.

*kisses*

Originally posted by cheerleader

this post makes me thank the lord jesus i was born in philadelphia and not whereever any of these guys were.

hahahahahahah....

i am glad i am living in philly and get to look out my window todasar and espo tags....

but also that god i was born in a state where handstyle usedto be extremely important... nolongertho... noone cares about classy hands in ri.

Originally posted by cheerleader

well...the "west coast" is kinda vague...but unless youre talkin about cholo shit, these philly hands been around before any handstyle youre speaking of existed on your coast.

dont get me wrong, we got mad love for the west in philly...but, as ive said time and time again on this site, if you dont "get" philly hands or how next level they are its because either: 1) you suck at graffiti or 2) you know zero about the history of it.

in some cases, people are guilty of both.

philly has love for all good handstyle crafts(wo)men...but its a two-way street. if you really think these shitty pilot tags are comparable, theres no point in the discusion because you obviously learned about graffiti on the internet...and suck horribly. i also want to suck your dick and let you jizz on my face, as a matter of a fact, i want all your buddies to come and rape me and my cheerleader friends

*kisses*

alrite to sum this all up....you basicaly did not listen to what i said...its about personal tastes.....some people like geso, some dont, some like smith, some dont...i personaly do not like philly handstyles....shit like pastime or renos looks 10x better. and just because they were the "historical" shit im supposed to like it?? fuck that

the bates and Subway Lovers tags are SICK. Loving them.

I'm just off to steal some TWISTED handstyles from london off location12 (http://www.graffiti.org/dj) to show you - they look suspiciously like TWISTone's if you ask me, but I could be imagining it.

As for the "philly handstyles" that you're all raving on about (after tearing apart us londoners) I'm afraid to say that I don't feel them AT ALL. The style looks played out to me (no variety on that website you mentioned, that i could find) and the elongated letters look ugly in my humble opinion. And I'm not just saying that because it's something different - I remember seeing SER doing a lot of elongated letter styles a couple of years back and I thought they were ugly even then. By all means post some more variety to challenge the london hands I've posted. Like I said, some of the stuff that you lot have posted is off the hook.

Cheers for all those supporting this thread!

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/freeque/faum-twisted (2kold throwie).jpg'>

Faum Twisted (2kold throw-up)

This one doesn't look anything like TWISTone's style, but never mind!

The Faum is nice, if you ask me, although you'll probably beg to differ :-D

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/freeque/aahhhhh.jpg'>

Interesting! I think I got the flick off this forum.

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/freeque/twistone.jpg'>

The infamous TWISTone. This is the type of stuff I'd like you US heads to post, if you could. Gorgeous. If I could see stuff like this down my road every day (instead of the little paint-pen tags that ARE there), I'd be a happy man.

]http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/freeque/twisted-idea.jpg'>

The similarity's a bit more obvious here. And, yes, the handstyles are weak, you don't have to tell me. But they get up.

Originally posted by REGULATOR

alrite to sum this all up....you basicaly did not listen to what i said...its about personal tastes.....some people like geso, some dont, some like smith, some dont...i personaly do not like philly handstyles....shit like pastime or renos looks 10x better. and just because they were the "historical" shit im supposed to like it?? fuck that

how about i RE-SUM it all up...basically YOU'RE not listening if you wanna play that game. what i said is THIS IS YOUR ROOTS...you can argue taste all day, but you started this by telling me everything on nightcrawla.com was weak. sure, in any handstyle, there may issues of personal tast, but i would never have the balls (as you do) to come on and say "IM NOT FEELING L.A." period. if you dont like KADISM's hand, or PRAEZ's hand, sure, theres room for taste...but to say you dont like philly hands as A GENERAL RULE is retarded, and, as i outlined before, a function of your obvious lack of either knowledge or skill (or both). ask any quality RESPECTED writer from any city or country thats KNOWS their history and they will tell you that phila. is the root of 80-90% of what youre doing and FLY as well. in europe, ive experienced this and coast to coast U.S. ive experienced this....the big names on both coasts come to philly regularly and chill with us and they know the time. the first time i met REAS, the first thing out of HIS mouth was how bad he sweats KADISM. now, here you are (and i dont know what you write -nor really care) coming an a worldwide forum telling me that philly hands AS A RULE are of less style then the handful of shitty pilot tags at the beginning of this thread. all under the lame explanation of it being an issue of personal "taste". As you say, PASTIME's hand is better than EVERY PHILADELPHIAN. ???????? thats not a taste issue dude, thats a slander of an entire city and one that coinicidentally BEGAT the culture that PASTIME does so well (and his hand IS fly, but do you think he would enjoy the fact that you are using him to indict an entire city??? doubt it)

so, i gotta repeat the bottom line: you either SUCK at graff OR dont KNOW shit about it. which is it?

and your backpedaling is even weaker...here youre all like "thats not what i said, your not listening..." if your gonna diss an ENTIRE FUCKING CITY, dont back up off those big cajones, player....hate or don't . wishy-washy aint attractive on anyone.

broadcasting live from two hundred and fifteenth.....

CHEERLEADER.....I DONT GIVE A FUCK IF PHILLY IS IN THE ROOTS.....AND I NEVER FUCKIN DISSSED THE ENTIRE CITY BITCH, I HAVE RESPECT FOR PHILLY AND ITS BOMBING....BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS......I DO NOT LIKE PHILLY HANDSTYLES...AND I COULD REALLY GIVE A FUCK IF ITS IN THE ROOTS....GO STICK A DICK IN YOUR MOUTH AND SHUT THE FUCK UP......thank you

Archived