keyboard vs. bass

Vanity

i've been pondering which one of these 2 to get.... i'll actually prolly just end up getting a pair or ortofons.. but fuck it.. here's what i'v gathered:

bass:

cheaper

takes up less room

it's hard to fine samplable basslines

it's more 'macho'

easier to learn

keyboard

programable samples

more sounds

... more versital (sp?)

more expensive (a lot)

takes up more space

looks like fun

harder to learn

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yer looking at 2 very different instruments, with very different results:o...

but my personal recomendation... bass is much cheaper, and easier to learn, but if you don't have people to play with, then bass gets really boring... keyboards get bonus points for being a total kick, even if you never leave the house and have no friends

if you want to just rock out and party and get girls, get a bass.

if you want to be an actual musician--that is, always stay home practicing instead of going out; learning the joy of musicianship; appreciating your music when no one else does, being misunderstood;being unappreciated etc, etc....then get a keyboard.

i've honestly reaped the benefits of both sides of the coin.

Originally posted by bug

if you want to just rock out and party and get girls, get a bass.

if you want to be an actual musician--that is, always stay home practicing instead of going out; learning the joy of musicianship; appreciating your music when no one else does, being misunderstood;being unappreciated etc, etc....then get a keyboard.

i've honestly reaped the benefits of both sides of the coin.

haha! very well put...

i personally would get a keyboard. so much more you can do with a keyboard-all the different sounds and instruments you could have just with a keyboard. is you just want something to fuck around with then get a bass.

Archived