Q-BERT VS. BABU AND OTHER TABLE SHIT

Guest KONFLIKT

Guest KONFLIKT

AS A LIFETIME S.F. RESIDENT I HAVE TO GIVE MUCH PROPS TO THE SCRATCH PICKLZ BUT THE THING THAT HAS BEEN BOTHERING ME IS THAT Q-BERT GOES A LITTLE OVERBOARD. DON'T GET ME WRONG HES ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED IF NOT THE MOST TALENTED DJ OUT. BUT LISTNING TO WAVE TWISTERS IS LIKE WATCHING THOSE ROBOT SEIZURE VIDIOS THAT EVERYONE POSTS. Q-BERT HAS INVENTED SO MANY NEW TECH. SCRATCHES BUT THEY DONT FLOW. THE CRABS AND SHIT THAT HE DOES ARE TOOOOO TECH TO EVEN ENJOY. ITS LIKE IF YOU GET HIGH AND LISTEN TO IT YOU GET A HEADACH LIKE YOUR LOST. NOW YOU GOT DJ'S LIKE BABU WHO JUST FLOW WITH THE BEATS SOME OF HIS SCRATCHES ARE SIMPLE BUT THEY SOUND GOOD. LIKE A BEAT-SCRATCH MARRAGE. IM NOT TRYING TO CUT ON Q BUT SAVE THAT SHIT FOR BATTLES YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN? THIS THREAD IS COMMING OFF LIKE IM A HATER BUT I WISH I HAD THE SKILLS THAT Q HAS. ITS JUST YOU CAT BE TOO TECH. ITS LIKE SOMEONE WHO RAPS WIT SOO MANY BIG WORDS THAT YOU CANT EVEN FEEL THE SONG. YOUR JUST LIKE WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? THATS THE WAY WAVE TWISTERS IS. LETS JUST BRING IT BACK TO SIMPLICITY AND SHIT THAT SOUNDS GOOD.

ANOTHER THING...... WHERE DO YOU THINK THE FUTURE OF TURNTABLISM IS GOING? IS IT GOING TO GET PLAYED LIKE GRAFF. WITH A BUNCH OF "TOY" DJS COMMING UP DOING IT JUST CUZ ITS "COOL". OR WILL IT REMAIN ALL GOOD? JUST WONDERING WHAT OTHER DJS OPINIONS ARE.

ALL MOVEMENTS BEGIN UNDERGROUND

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i just read the rest (sorry...all caps is a pain in the ass to read)...but i think turntablism is starting to get noticed by the mainstream more and hopefully it wont get too bad. i think turntablism is very experimental...and should be progressing in the future. ive wanted turntables since i was in the 7th grade...and still havent gotten them...but if i ever do...i dont know...prepare for some weird stuff. haha.

but yeah overall i think turntablism will get more advanced if giving the chance.

Guest KONFLIKT

YEAH IVE WANTED TABLES SINCE THE EARLY 90'S WHEN I SAW A FRESH PRINCE AND JAZZY-JEFF VIDEO. EVERSINCE THEN IVE BEEN FOLLING IT. AT ONE POINT I KNEW MORE ABOUT TABLES THEN A FRIEND THAT I MET THAT HAD THEM FOR A YEAR!!!! I GOT MY TABLES LAST YEAR AND I COULDENT EVEN COMPREHEND BEING CAPABLE OF DOING THE SHIT Q DOES BUT IM STRIVING FOR PERFECTION NUN-THA-LESS ITS BEEN MY LIFE LONG DREAM!

Guest KONFLIKT

OH YEAH ONE MORE THING....

DJ ENVY, DJ CLUE.......WHAT THE FUCK? JUST CUZ YOU YELL "NEW DMX" OVER A DMX SONG DOSNT MAKE YOU A DJ. AND THESE KIDS ARE MAKING MORE MONY THEN REAL DJS.

TWO WORDS..."WHAT THE FUCK?"

Re: OH YEAH ONE MORE THING....

Originally posted by KONFLIKT

DJ ENVY, DJ CLUE.......WHAT THE FUCK? JUST CUZ YOU YELL "NEW DMX" OVER A DMX SONG DOSNT MAKE YOU A DJ. AND THESE KIDS ARE MAKING MORE MONY THEN REAL DJS.

TWO WORDS..."WHAT THE FUCK?"

Nah. You gottta yell "New DMX...Dj Clue"

you forgot the dj clue bit.:king:

Guest fr8lover

well all i know is i got high and watched "wave twisters" and it was fucking out of this world. really amazing. the way he made that was pretty intense too...good stuff. im babbling...ill stop.

NAW I KNO WHAT YOU MEAN.. I DONT EVEN JOIN THE DMCS CAUSE THEY GET TOO TECH. I FLOW WITH BEATS ITS JUST SOUNDS BETTER. BUT DONT GET ME WRONG I GOT TECH SCRATCHES BUT I HATE THEM CAUSE THE WHOLE POINT IS BEING OHRIGINAL..

I THINK THAT 80% OF TURNTABLIST FEEL THE SAME AS WE DO SO THE FUTURE WILL EVOLVE AROUND ORIGINALITY NOT SO MUCH OF WHAT THE LAST DJ CREATED.. SO FUK TECH SKILLS AND GET YOUR OWN STYLE AND STOP TRYING TO SOUND LIKE ISP.. IT JUST DONT MAKE SENSE

ok i agree in part with the first thing about q getting to tech. i also say that, q has skills which i do really like, but id much rather hear some funky shit...hes funky but in a different way.

but i dont agree on that dj clue not being a real dj.

dj clue is as much a dj at roc raider or qbert.

when did djing become strickly 4-track scratch songs and beat juggles...

sorry but you rock a party with your new "nappyroots" juggle you will catch an AYOO faster then you would if you threw on some Ace of Base.

djing is djing. not judging your skills but if you just got tables last year that hardly puts you in position to define what and who is a dj...

iv only djed 3 1/2 years and i still have lots of growing.

and you dont "join" the dmc, you try out to battle then if your good you advance. its not a circus or anything.

word.

lord "dj clue yall!!!!" walrus

Guest KONFLIKT

MABEY THEY ARE DJS BUT MORE LIKE RADIO DJS CUS ALL THEY DO IS INTRODUCE THE SONG. IT DOSNT TAKE SKILL TO DO THAT. AND ENVYY SOUNDS LIKE A FAG ANYWAYS. ALL IM SAYING IS THERES DJS WHO BUST THERE ASS FOR LIKE 10 YEARS AND THEN CLUE COMES UP AND MAKES A MIX TAPE OF A BUNCH OF MAINSTREAM RAPPERS WHERE ALL HE DOES IS YELL OUT NAMES AND HE MAKES MORE MONEY THEN THE ONES THAT WORKED SOO HARD TO GET WHERE THEY AT.

Originally posted by KONFLIKT

AS A LIFETIME S.F. RESIDENT I HAVE TO GIVE MUCH PROPS TO THE SCRATCH PICKLZ BUT THE THING THAT HAS BEEN BOTHERING ME IS THAT Q-BERT GOES A LITTLE OVERBOARD. DON'T GET ME WRONG HES ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED IF NOT THE MOST TALENTED DJ OUT. BUT LISTNING TO WAVE TWISTERS IS LIKE WATCHING THOSE ROBOT SEIZURE VIDIOS THAT EVERYONE POSTS. Q-BERT HAS INVENTED SO MANY NEW TECH. SCRATCHES BUT THEY DONT FLOW. THE CRABS AND SHIT THAT HE DOES ARE TOOOOO TECH TO EVEN ENJOY. ITS LIKE IF YOU GET HIGH AND LISTEN TO IT YOU GET A HEADACH LIKE YOUR LOST. NOW YOU GOT DJ'S LIKE BABU WHO JUST FLOW WITH THE BEATS SOME OF HIS SCRATCHES ARE SIMPLE BUT THEY SOUND GOOD. LIKE A BEAT-SCRATCH MARRAGE. IM NOT TRYING TO CUT ON Q BUT SAVE THAT SHIT FOR BATTLES YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN? THIS THREAD IS COMMING OFF LIKE IM A HATER BUT I WISH I HAD THE SKILLS THAT Q HAS. ITS JUST YOU CAT BE TOO TECH. ITS LIKE SOMEONE WHO RAPS WIT SOO MANY BIG WORDS THAT YOU CANT EVEN FEEL THE SONG. YOUR JUST LIKE WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? THATS THE WAY WAVE TWISTERS IS. LETS JUST BRING IT BACK TO SIMPLICITY AND SHIT THAT SOUNDS GOOD.

ANOTHER THING...... WHERE DO YOU THINK THE FUTURE OF TURNTABLISM IS GOING? IS IT GOING TO GET PLAYED LIKE GRAFF. WITH A BUNCH OF "TOY" DJS COMMING UP DOING IT JUST CUZ ITS "COOL". OR WILL IT REMAIN ALL GOOD? JUST WONDERING WHAT OTHER DJS OPINIONS ARE.

ALL MOVEMENTS BEGIN UNDERGROUND

his just on higher level its not your falt..........

Guest BROWNer

i don't think wave twisters was too tech. maybe it was, i wouldn't know....

i'm not on the ball with crab scratch flare snips.

to me it was pretty bare bones, the scratches were well placed and the

album flowed like brown stuff. i found it to be a nice balance of sounds and

beats with the occasional trickery thrown in...i'd rather hear that then

some way over the top scratch freak out...i'm thinking somebody like

faust...his first album was way too hectic i thought.

makros...i don't know what kind of record player weirdness you may

want to get into, but if its outside the wank of hiphop dj's you should

go and get some martin tetreault, or better yet see him live...you

might also want to look into some philip jeck, christian marclay,

and old otomo yoshihide....all these guys do avant garde stuff with

records players, some of them have even started to just actually

play the players themselves, no records.

when i watched wave twisters stoned it amazed me. ill never be able to scratch like that. all of the ISP destroyed on that video. it was mad funny too. buckethead had me trippin and so did those guys with chins for heads.

and dj'in has already been played out. look at all the commercials with the cool dj on them. and look at all the pop bands that use djs.

Guest im not witty

mr dibbs runs shit!

he was here a while back, and ripped this black sabbath remix!

dude's a hip hop dj but all he listens to is metal, he looks like a fucking hells angel too, my kinda guy.

Archived