I need a good book

T.T Boy

if you live in suburbia you may want to read "the geography of nowhere" by... i forget. dope book, and it'll validate your hatred of strip malls and stupid zoning laws/ lack of city planning. not a novel, but well written and informative.

and a good short story (i guess that's what it is) is "the little prince". seriously awesome. i was surprised to find out how many of my friends (and my girl!?) hadn't read this book. TECHNICHALLY it's a kid's book, but fuck that. it's basically a guy making fun of ass backwards "grown-up" thiking. short enough to read in about 2 hours. more lighthearted reading.

"ishmael" by daniel quinn. great book.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I met Vonnegut.

Free paint to whomever can tell me what brand of Cigarettes he smoked. You have five minutes..................

Read "A Monk Swimming" by Malachy McCourt, and the Sequel "Singing My Him Song".

You will laugh, learn, hate, loathe, and drink because of these books.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

sophies world by jostein gaarder or the divine comedy by dante hands down

read sophies world 10 times.

o and email me t t i have my new p o box im picture hungry

• 1 year later...

The Life of Pi by Yann Martel

holy fuck, this book is truly a mind fuck. Fucking cannibalistic shit, holy shit. I just finished reading this book and it really feels like someone took an axe and chopped a hole in my chest. For anyone who's into really gory shit and grim philosophies, read this book. It's a novel about a boy trapped on a boat with Bengal Tiger.

1984, still stands as my fav.

other notables include-

the alchemist by paulo coelho (full of positive spiritual messages ...its got a carpe diem thing happening that I liked)

and

haroun and the sea of stories by salam rushdie ( childrens story with political sub-text .. all in all good clean fun )

books to avoid include helen garners the childrens bach and peter careys oscar and lucinder ... fucking roo riders ...

SEX, DRUGS AND COCOA PUFFS-

COPE2 "TRUE LEGEND

NOV YORK

Hell's Angels- Hunter S Thompson

No More Prisons- William Upski Wimsett

Grand Central Winter- Lee Stringer

Down These Mean Streets- Pirri Thomas

Rule of THe Bone- RusselL Banks

The CORNER- DAVID SIMON & EDWARD BURNS

THE MOLE PEOPLE- JENNIFER TOTH

NEW JACK- TED CONOVER

Archived