I need a good book

T.T Boy

ok, for some unknown reason in the past little while i have the desire to read uncontrollably, ive finished most of the novels i own for the umpteenth time, and now im looking for suggestions on what else i could read. please enlighten me on some good reads, and ill head to the library and pick up a few gems. they could be on anything just as long as its good, i can find intrest in almost any subject so please, tell me book that have really changed you and your life and the way that you think. thank you for your time.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

oh this isnt directed at anyone, but please dont tell me to read an idiots guide to being gay and stupid or anything like that, i dont want to know how many times you read a goosebumps or rl stine novel. serious replies thank you.

( please proceed to rip into me by telling me to read novels such as these)

it takes alot for me to read a book more than once, let alone 3 or more times... i'm somewhere around 13 for neuromancer, and 5 for diamond age

as for kerouac (i hope i spelled that right), whenever i get on a kick for that shit i finish one book and just move right on to the next... i've read on the road twice, but it's not gonna get read again anytime soon...

p.eth. the idiot'th guide to being gay taught me how to write like thith...

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

p.eth. the idiot'th guide to being gay taught me how to write like thith...

haha, i dunno ive been really into philosophy books lately but i also enjoy novels. kerouac is my favorite author ever. if you can get your hands on some Camus you might enjoy it

Guest chicken bone

anything by Hermann Hesse, in particular

-Demian

-Siddhartha

anything by Franz Kafka (all his short stories!)

-The Trial

-The Metamorphisis

James Joyce

-Ulysses

-Dubliners

Anthony Burgess (author of A Clockwork Orange)

-The Wanting Seed (i think thats what its called)

ah shit well thats off the top of my head and these are all good books. some of them are even life-changing, and all of them are moving in some way or the other, i wouldnt be surprised if you've read a lot of them, ugh yes well if you havent read any of these then you are really missing out.

a really cool mystical entertaining adventure type whimsical doodah book is Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. i love this book its rad ! yooy!

Guest bumdigger

hey tt. if you give me an email address i can email you a pdf file copy of "stephen hawking- a brief history of time".. it's good if your into that type of reading.

GOTTI : Rise and Fall - Jerry Capeci

Boss of Bosses - I forget but its written by 2 FBI agents who investigated former mob boss paul castellano

Underboss - Sammy 'the Bull' Gravano and Peter Maas

my all time favorite book is private parts by howard stern

Im obviously not on the same level of reading material as you guys..haha

Since the majority of these posts propose very heavy complicated reads I will throw in a easy to read but enjoyable book I just finished.

The Rich Part of Life by Jim Kokoris

Its about a young boy who's family wins the lottery and how it affected them. The relatives coming out of the woodwork, the crazies calling at all hours to ask for money, etc. A really good lighthearted read.

TOM BROKAW

THE GREATEST GENERATION!

TOM BROKAW

THE GREATEST GENERATION!

TOM BROKAW

THE GREATEST GENERATION!

TOM BROKAW

THE GREATEST GENERATION!

TOM BROKAW

THE GREATEST GENERATION!

TOM BROKAW

THE GREATEST GENERATION!

TOM BROKAW

THE GREATEST GENERATION!

TOM BROKAW

THE GREATEST GENERATION!

TOM BROKAW

THE GREATEST GENERATION!

I liked this book alot...very interesting true life stories...

Originally posted by bobobi11

Since the majority of these posts propose very heavy complicated reads I will throw in a easy to read but enjoyable book I just finished.

The Rich Part of Life by Jim Kokoris

Its about a young boy who's family wins the lottery and how it affected them. The relatives coming out of the woodwork, the crazies calling at all hours to ask for money, etc. A really good lighthearted read.

that book sounds dope. im not into all complicated books. most people only read that shit to make themselves feel intelligent anyway.

is this book a true story?

I was going to say The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, I got beaten to it. So I second that notion.

I'm reading Atlas Shrugged right now.

And although I don't entirely agree with Ayn Rand's philosophy, I wouldn't go so far as to say she's an idiot...and the books are definitely good stories worth reading.

Archived