yet another Lord of the Rings thread.....

QbaOner

ok i just finished reading the whole thing....in my opinion... overal...great literature....even though reading it was sometimes pain on the ass with all that old anglo-saxon (sp??) writing... but i think that's what made the book(s) so much better....

disslikes about the whole thing:

1. Legolas and Gimli... bearly mentioned.. i thought they would play a very important part, since they were 2 of the fellowship.... i mean i'd rather know more about them than Mery and Pippin.......

2. read number 1...

3. Sauron.......bearly mentioned :D ... i guess i'll have to wait for more about him till i read ' The Simarillion '

and i think thats it....

like i said... in my opinion....great books! its a must to read them at least once in your lifetime....

but anyways.. share your toughts about LOTR....and other JRR Tolkien books...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The Silmarillion is very good reading, though it has been a few years since I read through it. Actually, I haven't read anything related to The Lord of the Rings in around four or five years, and I no longer have my copies....which sucks because I refuse to buy a copy with images from the movie on it. The JRR Tolkien book consisting of letters is pretty good as guerilla literature, but I don't think I could actually sit and read it for long periods of time over the course of a week. The Hobbit is a great book, but it is oriented towards a younger audience, so I don't think I would enjoy it as much were I to read it now for the first time.

im kinda lost about the first line of your reply.. but dont worry.. Polish people get confused very easily... ;)

i've heard that 'Hobbit' is rather directed towards children than adults.... but still will read it.. just so i know more about Bilbo, Gollum and the rest of the pack...

one question.. is there any books that go deeper into what happened to the characters after Sauron fell, or the appendix are it....?

Archived