JA xtc

High Priest

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Oi Vei+Mar 15 2005, 12:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oi Vei - Mar 15 2005, 12:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ODS-1@Mar 14 2005, 10:02 PM

Just because he's up doesn't make him good in my book.

fair enough, but you've got to give him credit, because: a) his throwie is decent, unlike a lot of that garbage you see today, and b) because he laid the ground work for the hardcore bombers and "extreme" writers which seem to dominate the graffiti scenes of america's inner cities. he pioneered the insane spots, that few before him had even attempted to hit once or twice (for example bridges, highways, water towers, billboards, etc.) he was one of the first writers to hit tunnels in the late 80s and early 90s, sparking an impressive movement that has continued to thrive up into the present. not to mention that he was one of the first bombers to truly go all city in new york and maintain that status throughout the decade. he was one of the first writers to actually be getting up in such large quantities. now a lot of people are up in enormous quantities liek that, but before, JA was one of the only ones. we kind of take it for granted. hes not just up - he was the one who brought meaning to the phrase "getting up". and not only getting up, but getting up in unheard of places that drew the public's attention. dont take JA for granted.

[/b]

What the fuck is an "extreme" writer?

Originally posted by ODS-1+Mar 15 2005, 10:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ODS-1 - Mar 15 2005, 10:30 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Oi Vei@Mar 15 2005, 12:04 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-ODS-1@Mar 14 2005, 10:02 PM

fair enough, but you've got to give him credit, because: a) his throwie is decent, unlike a lot of that garbage you see today, and b) because he laid the ground work for the hardcore bombers and "extreme" writers which seem to dominate the graffiti scenes of america's inner cities. he pioneered the insane spots, that few before him had even attempted to hit once or twice (for example bridges, highways, water towers, billboards, etc.) he was one of the first writers to hit tunnels in the late 80s and early 90s, sparking an impressive movement that has continued to thrive up into the present. not to mention that he was one of the first bombers to truly go all city in new york and maintain that status throughout the decade. he was one of the first writers to actually be getting up in such large quantities. now a lot of people are up in enormous quantities liek that, but before, JA was one of the only ones. we kind of take it for granted. hes not just up - he was the one who brought meaning to the phrase "getting up". and not only getting up, but getting up in unheard of places that drew the public's attention. dont take JA for granted.

What the fuck is an "extreme" writer?

[/b]

^^ writers who are more about covering area and killing dangerous spots with simple 2 color throwups, as opposed to piecing, etc. theyre different from the average bomber in that a good spot is everything, whereas the common bomber seeks only to get up via street bombing, etc.

i like to think of SANE SMITH as laying the ground work for that style of bombing.

when he hit the side of the brooklyn bridge (extremely dangerous spot) that got a lot of attention, not to mention his name seemed to be everywhere.

but him and JA were tight and bombed together a lot, so they were doing a lot of this together until SANE's death.

other 'extreme writers' who i think deserve props are SI, and SAKE (HYH) from Montreal. DAMO (also from Montreal) and FATSO (HW... Halifax) are more canadians that i really admire.

Quote:

writers who are more about covering area and killing dangerous spots with simple 2 color throwups, as opposed to piecing, etc. theyre different from the average bomber in that a good spot is everything, whereas the common bomber seeks only to get up via street bombing, etc.

Some crazy armchair pyschology there

So now we have.....

a.) the 'killing' bomber'

b.) the 'average bomber'

c.) the 'common bomber'

Get the fuck out of here.

(bombing)its just fuck'n up shit.

Originally posted by SPORTO@Mar 15 2005, 02:56 PM

Quote:

writers who are more about covering area and killing dangerous spots with simple 2 color throwups, as opposed to piecing, etc. theyre different from the average bomber in that a good spot is everything, whereas the common bomber seeks only to get up via street bombing, etc.

Some crazy armchair pyschology there

So now we have.....

a.) the 'killing' bomber'

b.) the 'average bomber'

c.) the 'common bomber'

Get the fuck out of here.

(bombing)its just fuck'n up shit.

all im doing is trying not to sound redundant, like the people who say "fuck the haters" over and over again, just in different ways. its not that i have a problem with that: its just that it gets old, very fast. also, im not dickriding JA. im just making the point that he deserves some credit because he helped to change the graffiti world in some way, no matter how minor or subtle his influence was. hes not the worlds best writer, bomber, or whatever. he just happened to be one of the pioneers of a trend in writing. he was probably not the first to do it, but he was one of the first to get noticed doing it. as for the above, im just trying to clarify what i mean in response to a question. fuck off.

Originally posted by ODS-1@Mar 15 2005, 03:02 AM

ah ha ha ha, excellent. i love how this riled so many people up.

Reminds me of the time i said "i don't think Saze is really all that dope." and i got so much hate mail and shit from people. It was great.

well JA is up, king, all city, ect. that's wonderful and great and all and you gotta give credit where credit is due.. and blah blah blah. some folks are riding his nuts hard. the only reason he's such a bad ass is cuz he doesn't give a fuck and ride nuts all day. you wonder why you aint all city is cuz your sitting there riding nuts waiting for your chance. my philosophy is "shut the fuck up and bomb harder." if you want to be up more then take the fuckin time and do it. don't be one of those fools WAITING for your chance... bomb the shit out of the city and if you gotta, go over JA. the reason he feels like he wants to stop is cuz there's no fucking competition for him and he's sitting on his throne. if you want your name known, you gotta earn it.

im just wondering.. if most people know how JA looks like.. from karate kids or whateva.. and hes fuckin UP, how come hes not in serious trouble wit the law? like gettin locked up for a couple of years? maybe he did.. i dont know... juz wondering.. JA is definitely king! :king:

Originally posted by LENS@Mar 18 2005, 05:12 PM

^^^

one hell of a good lawyer.

plus he carries a portable hole in his pocket at all times. you roll on him and Schloook! he's gone!

lol aight.. guess money makes the world goes round......... :innocent:

Originally posted by Eastcoast Killa@Feb 5 2002, 11:55 PM

yea, I took the rollerblading thing rather hard too...hopefully he's just a rec. skater, not into the aggressive deal. He's probably far too old for that.

i think that was a long time ago when rollerblading was popular or when lots of people used roller blades. If you look at him in the state your name trailor he doesnt look like the type to roll around on skates.

Originally posted by nyam@Mar 18 2005, 02:40 PM

im just wondering.. if most people know how JA looks like.. from karate kids or whateva.. and hes fuckin UP, how come hes not in serious trouble wit the law? like gettin locked up for a couple of years? maybe he did.. i dont know... juz wondering.. JA is definitely king! :king:

because in the movie it doesnt say that its Ja. And it wouldnt matter if it was him anyway if he gets caught.

Originally posted by SF1+Mar 6 2005, 11:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Mar 6 2005, 11:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by LENS@Mar 7 2005, 03:16 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-catwash@Feb 6 2002, 05:38 PM

Originally posted by E-DubleSkilZ

So JA is fucking 31 now. Dam dont u think its time to stop bombing. I mean fuck paint a train here and there but 31 is time to get your shit together.

you're a fucking idiot. a lot of half decent writers are pushing 25+

yeah, no shit. i'm over 25 and my shit is together like a jigsaw puzzle on a rainy day. Guess that shoots your comment full of holes dublskilz.

JA IS A REAL GRAFF KING! End of story. Some of you middle anmerica and west coasters put too much of that artistic peicing shit into your oppinions. Graff is all about getting up, getting over, getting your name in everybody's mouth, and doing what you have to to stomp out your enemies rep when you have beef. True, nobody wants to look at a wack throwie or hand but JA hand and throwies are on point. I'd rather see a JA throwie than any unreadable mumbo jumbo under a freight bridge or on a leagal wall any day.

[/b]

werd up .. id def rather see klean throwies rollers and striaght letter than ridiculous burners in the middle of nowhere .. i think in alot of ways thats why midwest and city graff contrast .. like dr.sex came to nyc and did his thing .. mad fillins in crazy spots and came up fast .. and then theres some writers that all u see are hand styles but there all over the place.. it jus shows who bombs and who paints..

Ja is up.....But I never seen anything that made me say damn thats dope......Fools like Revok, Sever, and Skrew, Rime, Setup... be doing straight burners and peices, right on the fucken street, and crazy spots all over the fucken US....New york included but not just NY, Nation wide kings.....Im just saying fools be hatin way to much, and dont give enough props where its due....JA rocks no doubt, but other cats do the same.....but better...

Archived