JA xtc

High Priest

Guest REMY-MARTIN

hmmm...prophet

so what year was Saber doing just rooftops on ventura blvd?

he was doing insane peices when i met him in 95

the TIE super tanker done by Fate and MQ was incredible..

some how i wonder why someone who can apparently politic casually with Saber would even bother coming on this message board to sidebust on his hometown for some cat that hes never even met. but hey thats just my opinion..i give JA respect for his work and when i read that interview in rolling stone back in 95 i was super pumped..but as far as my preferences i prefer Saber and MQ's work...and I think the LA scene was not in need of some CAP type tactics. But then again I also see Saber MQ and Fate up a lot more in paint where as Im yet to see JA up once. anyway I really didnt want to get into this but...your obviously old school and I have a lot of respect for the LOS ANGELES scene as I have written with several writers from LA over the last ten years.

your 2 bitches on my nuts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest REMY-MARTIN

actually i saw a flick of that CAB la river shot...is that the only one he did? or perhaps i saw a more recent shot...

regardless it was tight...the early nineties was a crazy time for graffiti..

Originally posted by REMY-MARTIN

hmmm...prophet

so what year was Saber doing just rooftops on ventura blvd?

he was doing insane peices when i met him in 95.

SUP REMY. YA IM OVER THIS SUBJECT BUT YA HES WAS HITTN TOPS DOIN NORM SLIGHTLY STYLISH THROWS AROUND MAYBE 93 OR 94. FUCK YO MY MEMORY IS OUT OF WACK. WHEN HE WAS I BELIEVE WRITIN MYL AND ANOTHER CREW. THE HOMIE SLOE-TBG-CBS-MYL-YSL-5*- TOLD ME HE WAS IN FOR A MIN. WE JUST AQUAINTENCES. HE WAS ALSO HITTIN A PARTICULAR SPOT ON THE 405. HE ALWAYS HAD THAT SPOT. IT WOULD GET BUFFED AND THE NEXT NIGHT HE CAME BACK.

ABOUT THE CAB THING YA IF ITS IN BLUE YOU SAW ONE OF THEM. I HAVE A BAD FLICK OF THEM. HE DID THE CAB BLA AND ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BRIDGE HE DID THE VERTICAL. ALSO THERE WAS A CAT WHO DID A HUGE OCTOPUS CHARACTER TOP TO BOTTOM IN SPRAY PAINT BUT IT DIDNT LOOK LIKE A TYPICAL GRAFF LOOK- WHATEVER THAT MEANS. IT WAS MORE PHYCADELIC. PIECES OF IT ARE STILL RUNNIN. FADED REAL BAD BY THE SUN. IM NOT H8N ON L.A. IM JUST MAD ITS NOT AS TUFF AS IT WAS WHEN I WAS HITTIN HARD. IM NO BAD ASS BUT I LOVED THE RUSH OF A CRAZY CITY. IM OLDER AND RUSTING OUT. BUT ILL STILL BUST. WE HAVE A BIG PROBLEM WITH HEADS THAT STYLE JOCK WITH CAN CONTROL, BUT THEY HAVE NO CREATIVITY AND BALLS. IM ALSO NOT SAYIN THIS IS ALL L.A. WE STILL HAVE OUR TRU-SCHOOL NIGGAZ. BUT THEY ARE FEW. IM JUST MISSIN THE DAYS B4 THE OILS, THE GANKS, THE SABERS, THE JUSES. SO THATS IT. IM DOWN TO CYPHER ON ANY SUBJECT, WORD UP. PEACE OUT YO!

WIT A DIKFOR ON YOUR SHOULDER.:mexican:

Originally posted by THE PROPHET

Originally posted by REMY-MARTIN

WIT A DIKFOR ON YOUR SHOULDER.:mexican:

ha ha ha....

i made a girl cry her first day on the job (which was also my first job) with this line..

"youve got a dickfor on your hat..."

"what the hell is a dickfor?"

Originally posted by bobbybeans

i remember reading that article so so long ago when it was in rolling stone...what were they thinking writing about that...it was so far ahead of it's time...subject matter wise.....

DAMN I FELL ASLEEP OF THAT ARTICLE. DID IT HAVE FLIX ALSO? I WOULDNT EVEN EXPECT A GRAFF ARTICLE IN ROLLING STONE. WAS THERE A REASON FOR THE ARTICLE?

Guest REMY-MARTIN

word up Prophet

I hear you....I was a bit abraisive when making those orginal replys...

I wish I was around in LA at that time...I read a really good article about the LA bus movement that was pretty much run by GINONE and what not..I started in north cali but the cat that got me into was from LA and SD..that was around 92....

I only got to put in a little work in LA but maybe were on the same wavelength cause my boy put in mad work with original style and insane spots and all he got was hated on...

word up...you should start a topic on LA from your perspective...LA history is good stuff...personally I think Los Angeles has as much weight as NYC...but thats just me...its like they are two totally diffrent origins that have been kind of overlapped.

anyway....

respect...

• 3 years later...
Originally posted by catwash@Feb 6 2002, 05:38 PM

Originally posted by E-DubleSkilZ

So JA is fucking 31 now. Dam dont u think its time to stop bombing. I mean fuck paint a train here and there but 31 is time to get your shit together.

you're a fucking idiot. a lot of half decent writers are pushing 25+

yeah, no shit. i'm over 25 and my shit is together like a jigsaw puzzle on a rainy day. Guess that shoots your comment full of holes dublskilz.

Originally posted by LENS+Mar 7 2005, 03:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LENS - Mar 7 2005, 03:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-catwash@Feb 6 2002, 05:38 PM

So JA is fucking 31 now. Dam dont u think its time to stop bombing. I mean fuck paint a train here and there but 31 is time to get your shit together.

yeah, no shit. i'm over 25 and my shit is together like a jigsaw puzzle on a rainy day. Guess that shoots your comment full of holes dublskilz.

[/b]

JA IS A REAL GRAFF KING! End of story. Some of you middle anmerica and west coasters put too much of that artistic peicing shit into your oppinions. Graff is all about getting up, getting over, getting your name in everybody's mouth, and doing what you have to to stomp out your enemies rep when you have beef. True, nobody wants to look at a wack throwie or hand but JA hand and throwies are on point. I'd rather see a JA throwie than any unreadable mumbo jumbo under a freight bridge or on a leagal wall any day.

Originally posted by SF1+Mar 6 2005, 08:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Mar 6 2005, 08:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by LENS@Mar 7 2005, 03:16 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-catwash@Feb 6 2002, 05:38 PM

JA IS A REAL GRAFF KING! End of story. Some of you middle anmerica and west coasters put too much of that artistic peicing shit into your oppinions. Graff is all about getting up, getting over, getting your name in everybody's mouth, and doing what you have to to stomp out your enemies rep when you have beef. True, nobody wants to look at a wack throwie or hand but JA hand and throwies are on point. I'd rather see a JA throwie than any unreadable mumbo jumbo under a freight bridge or on a leagal wall any day.

[/b]

Thank you for enlightening me. I never knew you were the one to decide what graffiti is about. But I am glad that you post on this message board.

How'd that saber ja beef start anyhow? I'd like to know who won that beef. Nonetheless i got respect for both of em, without a doubt valuable writers in graffiti's history. The early ninties were the shit!!

P.S.

If the answers to my questions are too personal and what not, just disregard it. Peace.

Originally posted by The Leader@Mar 7 2005, 05:32 AM

Thank you for enlightening me. I never knew you were the one to decide what graffiti is about. But I am glad that you post on this message board.

Yeah man no problem. Any time. ;)

Play'n the part of a strung out fianace who arrives one dark & miserable

fuck'n night in the ER with his teenage bride.

She has a fractured right arm, and when asked to

remove her top for an x-ray, some curious fuck'n bitch notices

additional bruising on her upper body!

Besides uncovering the fact she

is catch'n a domestic beat down, the doc somehow discovers she is 3

months pregnant & shes all unawares.

Meanwhile soon to be dead beat dad, has been caught in some back room

in the medy cabnet stuff'n his pockets with all kindza get high quick bottles & vials.

But some fag junior doc catches him, & has a heart to heart with him,

say'n he wont rat him out, if he promises to come in for help for

his addictions the following week.

For Bride to be though, things aint look'n so rosy, shes only gone and toped

herself after discovering she was with child, curious bitch & fag junior managed

to save the bambino and are feel'n well pleased with their smug selves.

In walks dead beat, to be presented with the kid! he drops to his knees

,kid in arms cry'n his drug inflamed heartout, not tears of joy though

, no it turns out that back in day he caught his nut sack inbetween

the frame & backwheel of his brandnew Redline BMX while try'n some

bad ass Hoffman moves!

Lifes a bitch - then you move to Hollywood!

Originally posted by LENS@Mar 8 2005, 06:19 PM

yeah, but what was the end result of the JA vs Saber episode?

holy shit JA wrecked the L.A. river piece.

It never was JA vs Saber.

and its still not over.

Not to mention a lot more than wrecking the LA river piece has happened.

I hope SI had car insurance.

Originally posted by bumsuckfun+Mar 11 2005, 11:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bumsuckfun - Mar 11 2005, 11:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Glik0@Mar 11 2005, 09:56 AM

I hope SI had car insurance.

oh snap. what's the status on the JA/SI beef anyway? and how'd it come about?

[/b]

SI's behind bars for a while. JA's not... dunno the rest.

Originally posted by ODS-1@Mar 14 2005, 10:02 PM

Just because he's up doesn't make him good in my book.

fair enough, but you've got to give him credit, because: a) his throwie is decent, unlike a lot of that garbage you see today, and b) because he laid the ground work for the hardcore bombers and "extreme" writers which seem to dominate the graffiti scenes of america's inner cities. he pioneered the insane spots, that few before him had even attempted to hit once or twice (for example bridges, highways, water towers, billboards, etc.) he was one of the first writers to hit tunnels in the late 80s and early 90s, sparking an impressive movement that has continued to thrive up into the present. not to mention that he was one of the first bombers to truly go all city in new york and maintain that status throughout the decade. he was one of the first writers to actually be getting up in such large quantities. now a lot of people are up in enormous quantities liek that, but before, JA was one of the only ones. we kind of take it for granted. hes not just up - he was the one who brought meaning to the phrase "getting up". and not only getting up, but getting up in unheard of places that drew the public's attention. dont take JA for granted.

Archived