longest lasting paint on freights

Guest professor poopatronic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

very true.

i love the colors you have to work with.

alot more earthtonish colors as well, which rocks some shit.

but do you guys know if its as permanent or whatever? or if it will wash away easily?

i mean, there are places i can use it and not worry about it getting washed away, but fr8s and other places are a different story.

its rustoleum, so is it as permanent as rusto?

I know it's off topic and we've discussed it before (I know.. I started a thread on it) and say what yoy want, but I'm not a vegan, just a veggie and I won't buy Rusto anymore. Does anyone else out there know (for FACT) whether or not AA uses that shit too?

Back on topic, I usually use ColorPlace cuz I'm cheap (and I don't feel like getting arrested for racking paint.. painting maybe, stealing no) and occasionally I'll buy Krylon or AA. I can't say I know how long that CP lasts, but I'd like to make it clear that not all of the colors take 4 coats (?) to fill. I've done pretty clean fills with maybe a coat and a half. Maybe you just paint with quicker movements?

-> Jedd the hippie vagitarian..

jedd-

i have no 100% factual evidence that there is or isn't the trademark fish oil in american accents or painters touch. but keep in mind that rusto themselves urges you to use the original 'stops rust' formula for rust protection. considering that it obviously costs more to make paint with this ingredient , AND being aware that both AA and PT are 'spinoffs' that intentionally cost less normally than standard rusto- it MIGHT be possible to conclude that fish oil is not included in their respective formulae.

only RPM can give you a sure answer, but there's my 2 cents. talk to the man directly if you must know. www.rustoleum.com

Guest montanaman

rustos the brand...... back in the 80s when the buff was going on ... if u ever notice an old train flick of the 80s..... youll see the fill still and out lines of the piece ... and that was after the buff so in my opinion if the chemicals alone couldnt put a dent in it ........i think it might be even less of a problem for the elements of nature to dent.... ill have to say rustos..... but like in this post ur asking for opinions......:D

Originally posted by yehaw

calling all scientists- there really needs to be an experiment that tests all these brands to see what really holds it down.

it is pretty strange that what we do on trains is classified as destruction, when we are probably actually sealing the panels we paint from rust corrosion.

that set off a light bulb in my mind...

i wonder if i could get government funding to run said experiment......:idea:

Archived