old school jersey pics

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by FIFE DIGGY:

he must be important to that scene cause in central jersey its getting tuff to find open spots to paint and noone went over him. it looks like mid 80s stuff.

props to mc2 he is one of the first guys i seen up,ok.that being said who wants to see this piece from 92 or 93.it is wack for that time period.it has no relevance in the new jersey scene.never heard of the person,never seen him up.point blank...toy is toy,why don't we start posting 92 bombs of ces63 aka desh and say its old school too.''true'' old school is 2nasty aka jerry from newark,it is a popular belief that he was the garden state's first writer.a jerry silver still lurks on highway 78 untouched.

yea i saw that silver jerry on 78 a while ago i think they might have buffed it tho, anyone see tha new pois on 287?

damn yo really really old school shit on the dover line at highland ave train station, right when you get off the platform theres an alley wit some old emo and Dez and some other people

I lived in Newark for a summmer in 84 or 85 (in Scutter Homes, those buildings they blew-up) and used to piece with some kids named HAK and REVENGE and BRE and CUZ, any one have any flicks of these dudes? There was another kid who wrote PRINS or PRINZ or something...long time ago...too much dust.

Originally posted by SCOTCH WHISKEO:

I lived in Newark for a summmer in 84 or 85 (in Scutter Homes, those buildings they blew-up) and used to piece with some kids named HAK and REVENGE and BRE and CUZ, any one have any flicks of these dudes? There was another kid who wrote PRINS or PRINZ or something...long time ago...too much dust.

respect due,i saw a documentary about that at nace's house a while ago.that is ''jersey old school''not the flick above...there is also this guy proe from newark who pieced mta subways way back.props to 8ball,and all the other overlooked jersey artists from the past.

I was not saying that it was 8 years old, it is just that I know it has been there for at least 8 years. Just by looking at the style one would think it is older. And as for the area it is in I would have to say it is ahead of its time, as for north Jersye that is a whole different story. But oh well......

ps like I said I was askin for the date, meaning I am not sure when it is from.

yea yo i pass a few bridges on 287 al around morristown theres alot of old shit thats gonna be up for a while like Rato and jeros one, its kinda hard to see tho ill try to get some fliks one of these days...

------------------

Its a plant, not a drug....realize, legalize

Guest Bruce Springsteen

scotch you definately represented in the documentary v.o.s. style, no heads out here are up on that early newark ish, 84-85 two sweet hakim, revenge, yourself, anybody heard of klass the rebels, heard he hit subways aa little bit, as charlie mentioned proe krs crew hit subways a few times with tekay and kies from brooklyn. how about 8ball and tens, kece, newark circa 86-88. i have a few flicks, but no way to post them. i'm sure alot of you do'nt even know tameone of artifacts fame hit nyc subways a few times

representing fame city, ask scotch whiskeo, he'll tell ya. mctwo and vey were early central jersey writers 90-91, or devs cm, 89-90 doing peices on the northeast corridor, plenty others, i ca'nt think right now.

• 2 weeks later...

A funny story about club zanzibar in newark. Back in like 92 or somthing me and one of my homeboys were cruising around drinkin some beers, catchin tags when some hooker with an adams apple tried to proposition us, motherf*cker was just short of having a full gotee and shit, some nasty shit on them streets, dirty jersey keepin shit grimey.

first jersey writer might have been soul one supposedly he was writing in the early 70's. i dont know if that is true. proe is still peicing. era and tac were the first writers to hit highways that i remember in like 85-86. i have pics of alot of old shit maybe i will get around to posting some day. in the 80s some crews that had shit on lock were qm8-snow switch capone sain pkay, zar tgf, awc crew-bee fleck dase, tames ltd crew, smc crew, bns... tac has 86 fillins on three that are so faded you cant see them unless you already know that they are there... shit is still up if you know where to look. bloomfield avenue was THE street from downtown nwk to 46 snow had it crushed. brue 152 killed shit too. snow qm8 was the king unquestionably. growing up it seemed every sinle light pole, mail box, phone booth(remember those) over pass, corner store, alley way etc. in n. jersy had a snow tag on it from the ghetto to far out suburbs. it really semed like he had more ups than everyone else combind.

i will try to post some shit from like 82-91 but it wont be "hype" by todays standards, just faded tags mostly. plus some early 90's flicks of writer that were up in the eighties cause i didn't start taking flicks till then. first i gotta find the pictures, then scan them, then put them up on some where, then post, so i dont know if i will actually do this, probably no cause im too lazy.

Archived