Using a microwave for anything other than reheating is for low IQ douche nuggets. Change my mind.

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Mannnnnn. Initial thread direction had me okayed. I 1000% agree with everything about fuck microwaves and didn’t have one in the crib for about 10 years. Now that it’s back we rarely ever use it anyways. Not sure how we got off from it being retarded to defrost raw meat in a radiation box over to the boomer hot dog cooking methods but I’m tight about it. My peace lies within the old school nyc hot dog carts and everyone else can eat there grill crusted dicks however they want lol. Certain dishes have certain methods of cooking. Go to any hot dog stand in 1992 and tell me if you find a fucking grill. Good luck. Then there is GRILLED HOT DOGS AT THE COOK OUT. It’s entirely different. But your mf’n work lunch Dog was coming out some water, and usually straight into that non toasted ne cut bun. Laced with sauerkraut and s&p. If it didn’t go that way then it was this way

image.jpeg.ee5ba271c3eb94924dfd7f047abc9ba0.jpeg

or this way….

image.jpeg.512edc9bf669ee4f997c00d1ba22c0c6.jpeg

the ladder was only used to keep them warm and even, not to fully cook. And dudes would still spray water anyways. All of you freaks need to chill out with this hot dog disrespect son. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 3

4 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Just did a quick dive into the history of frankfurters.

Weird how they were invented, even weirder is Abe Lincoln's glizzy marketing slogan. I have a feeling every HS in existence had at least one female that broke one off in there during the glazing process, or at least a rumor it happened.

image.png.073a592c3421198c13bcb4e88363d065.png

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

1 hour ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

@Mercerarent you og nyc ??? I highly doubt you’re inexperienced in og nyc hot dog carts….!

I do, but there's some things good classic about NYC, like the neighborhood bagels, and slice joints. There's other classic NYC shit that's not so good, like Typhoid Mary & hotdog vendors. Mustard & sauerkraut used to be the jam for years, had a couple of vendors I'd look out for, until I almost had to shit on a rooftop in Soho one day. I used to see them dudes rolling out of cart headquarters up on 48th or something, and they were almost clean as the central park horses. I'd only get halal or some of the trendy higher end hipster street food after about 10 years living there from bad experiences, or just seeing whats up. At home, if I'm going to make a dish dirty it's def a pan instead of a pot to get some burn on them, about triples how good they taste.  Grilling is the best hands down. Char is as necessary as yellow mustard, none of that Dijon shit. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mercer said:

I do, but there's some things good classic about NYC, like the neighborhood bagels, and slice joints. There's other classic NYC shit that's not so good, like Typhoid Mary & hotdog vendors. Mustard & sauerkraut used to be the jam for years, had a couple of vendors I'd look out for, until I almost had to shit on a rooftop in Soho one day. I used to see them dudes rolling out of cart headquarters up on 48th or something, and they were almost clean as the central park horses. I'd only get halal or some of the trendy higher end hipster street food after about 10 years living there from bad experiences, or just seeing whats up. At home, if I'm going to make a dish dirty it's def a pan instead of a pot to get some burn on them, about triples how good they taste.  Grilling is the best hands down. Char is as necessary as yellow mustard, none of that Dijon shit. 

D8D2C2AD-280E-4B8F-9D9D-9F27EC5574D3.gif

You jumped so far ahead into new nyc with that hipster hallal cart replacement shit. Maybe I’m just too old young. I frequented nyc as a kid and didn’t really return until the earlier mid 2000’s and the dog carts were bailing already. I’d say like 05-07. All of a sudden there were zero hot dog carts anywhere and it was all the habeeb carts. Prolly sounds wild racist. I’m not. Anyways all I’m sayin is I’m a og purist in a sense. I take a grilled dog sans all the extra char because it doesn’t fuckin need it lol. Yo it’s mad funny this is my biggest conversation in months. 

• LOL! 1