Using a microwave for anything other than reheating is for low IQ douche nuggets. Change my mind.

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Also, I've found the only proper way to prepare glizzys is either on the grill, or high heat in a frying pan. Boiling them is some straight up boomer fuckery. Microwaving is only acceptable if you're a millennial incel, without a wife to clean up the unnecessary pan for you.

TLDR: If there's no char on your glizzy, you might as well be gulping down glizzies with big bulging veins in them.

• Truth 5
  • LOL! 1

Never used to plan ahead - defrosted meat in microwave on the regular.

My chick has me on some next

level and now I plan meals ahead and leave the shit out.

The harmful radiation claim is lolz - essentially microwaves heat water molecules right? I think its a form of radiation but not harmful.

@Mercer preach bro - been saying that forever

Edited by fat ralphy
  • Truth 1

Yea, I think a microwave technically does radiate food with microwave radiation to heat it up. I'm 100% sure this process does not make the food radioactive, though and isn't harmful unless you climb into the microwave and start eating while it's still being cooked. That said, I tried the defrost function a few times years ago but it partially cooked the meat, and I could def taste it, and noticed a more rubbery texture. No bueno.

• Truth 2
  • LOL! 1

29 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Our microwave exploded and made some funky crack smelling smoke. Haven't replaced it. Everything is done on the stove top or oven. 

In a pinch you can cook crack in the microwave. Totally unrelated coincidences.

On the topic of crack smoke smell, had a boss way back in the day that his air conditioning smelled like crack smoke extra hardbody in his brand new truck. Thought it was weird, found out years later he was smoking crack and lost that job because of it.

Anyway, my point is your microwave probably been trappin so hard it gave up it's day job slanging warm glizzy.

• LOL! 5

I am not exactly sure what this thread is completely about.  But from what I gather it's not good for the microwave. 

Anyhow, so I thought I would add my two cents.  IRL, I firmly believe microwaves should be illegal in all restaurants including fast food, donut shops, amd coffee shops.  Second time offenders should at least face the capital punishment as a means of punishment or 30 years imprisonment.  

Seriously though.  Microwaves should be legal in homes nothing more.

I can't stand microwaves like democrats can't stand trump. 

• Truth 1

13 minutes ago, ndv said:

microwaves should be illegal in all restaurants

Reminds me of the worst restaurant meal I've ever had. Went to this spot in Niagara Falls on the U.S. side that was rated 5 stars on yelp when people still used that app. Turns out it was the local yokel watering hole and the owners got everyone to 5 star it for them.

We ordered breakfast, and the bartender/chef/aka only person there looked at us like we were crazy when we ordered from their breakfast menu. Then proceeded to microwave eggs, bacon, and serve it with untoasted bread. The bacon was super thin, not entirely sure it was bacon,  and it shattered like car windows when you chewed. The eggs were rubbery, but at least they tasted like an entire farm's collective fart concentrated in your mouth. Left my first bad Yelp review there.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 3

Microwaves should only be used to reheat fish for lunch in tight work environments.  Truth.

Best way to thaw a frozen chicken is in your ass crack.  Swamp butt is equal to a microwave on medium power.  Fact.

I'm looking forward to @NightmareOnElmStreet's response to this thread, especially on the glizzie preparation since I'm pretty sure he has an opposite stance.  But still a wide stance.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 3