Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Brand is Dead

the.crooked

Surprised none of the old heads had started a thread about this yet.

Sad to see one of our old own lose their show (although it seems to be a specific choice).

From 12oz to victorylight.blogspot to podcasts to Viceland to Showtime.

Still big ups to MERO for making me laugh for fucking years.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'm really optimistic for him and desus. their show was produced and written but rarely came off like a lot of talk shows in that vein — especially other " "urban" " demographic talk shows. lot of those are overproduced and hard to watch. these two had real chemistry. i feel like they were inspirational to a generation of would-be entertainers, their trajectory was incredible. 

i can't imagine what it's like to have a friendship scripted and produced every week. it's a tough choice, are you gonna walk away from a big check with your friend? even knowing what you're risking? i think every show/podcast goes through a version of this. the joe budden podcast just did this. mixing business and friendship always gets messy. 

best of luck to both of them, truly 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Like 1

I enjoyed Mero on the forum and Victorylight was fucking great. 

I never really watched his shit once he was prime time. I would see the ocassional clip somewhere and lolz because “its a dude that used to chop it on oontz”.

Dude is funny and obviously charismatic so I am sure he will show up somewhere soon enough. 

Too bad he didnt rock a 12oz Tee or have a sticker on the set - would have been hella traffic but dude is smart that shit would have also fed into cancel culture.

He will probably end up getting paid for making people laugh somehow. Dude should try stand up….

Edited by fat ralphy

2 hours ago, the.crooked said:

From 12oz to victorylight.blogspot to podcasts to Viceland to Showtime to New York Times Best Seller in a public library in south Australia.

big ups to MERO!

*fixed

• Like 1

From what I understand he's been gettin blazed and playin video games with his kids on twitch, which... honestly seems like the most wholesome outcome for ol boy.

Desus is doing a trial run on Kimmel during his sabbatical, he's gonna do just fine too.

• Like 3

I've never actually seen his show. I don't watch a lot of TV. But I don't like to hear about bad outcomes. Dude was definitely charismatic and if this is how his trajectory has gone so far, I'm sure he's gonna go on and continue to do big things. 

It makes sense cause the ghetto.

Not someone = I saw or heard someone/somebody/persons/people say with added hyperbole.

I only really know the valley California version pre internet so it probably means something else and got popular from a different place.

I just found out WTF boolin is today from my neckbeard coworker who grew up on a farm..

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On 7/20/2022 at 12:14 AM, the.crooked said:

From what I understand he's been gettin blazed and playin video games with his kids on twitch, which... honestly seems like the most wholesome outcome for ol boy.

Desus is doing a trial run on Kimmel during his sabbatical, he's gonna do just fine too.

Whaaat?! I heard about the demise but not about this part. Was kinda wondering what dude was gonna do since it looks like mero had the better setup up after doing some acting. Either way what a fucking bummer man. Idfk why mf’s always gotta kill a good thing. I never listened to the podcast outside of a couple of times but I wonder if anything was addressed there. 

Still hella pissed that mf didn’t have a single 12oz sticker on deck. Nothin. But whatever. 

• Truth 1

On 7/25/2022 at 12:28 PM, metronome said:

What was wild to me was seeing ppl I know IRL who are way far from graffiti being into D&M podcast and showtime.  So weird for the paths to cross. 

Graffiti and civilian paths are like one giant bike lane now. It’s fuckin lame. Not sure what’s wrong with me rn I’m not big on hating on folks lolol.