Penmanship post

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I do this at work all the time. Pallets of parts need quick ID from across the shop floor . I rewrite these part codes which consist of a combination of both letters and numbers in straight letter.

Most common comments on this are, nice penmanship or you write like a girl. Only the warehouse supervisor 'gets it'. He does the same thing in his shop. I've never asked him what he writes or wrote, neither has he asked me. It's just obvious 

• Like 3
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

11 hours ago, Ko SprueOne said:

I do this at work all the time. Pallets of parts need quick ID from across the shop floor . I rewrite these part codes which consist of a combination of both letters and numbers in straight letter.

Most common comments on this are, nice penmanship or you write like a girl. Only the warehouse supervisor 'gets it'. He does the same thing in his shop. I've never asked him what he writes or wrote, neither has he asked me. It's just obvious 

I get that too. I just say I took a blueprinting class that saved my handwriting (not untrue) but I have also had some guys call me on it and say something about spray paint lol. I just move on and don’t address their comments. Not trying to have a Venn diagram of coworkers who know I write vs everyone else in the world. Those two circle should never overlap. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 3

20 hours ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

if you don't use it, you lose it! i legitimately lost this letter. no idea how it's formed 

I'd forgotten how the capital-I is formed in cursive as well. I web searched for it and it looks like you're correct. There are many styles of cursive that I found but yours is basically one of the classic elementary school style cap-I

• Props 1

Similar thread at some point but I’m still glad it’s here now because I really been struggling lately deciding to give up completely on ever having a decent signature or not. My cursive is trash unless I’m trying it in rap styles. Basically have to be trying really hard at anything I’m writing or it comes out ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Being Lefty handwriting was always a cunt mission because my hand smudged whatever i'd just written left to right so holding the hand off the page while pushing the pen down becomes tiring after a few lines. 

Do banging flare tags tho 😁

• Like 2
  • Truth 2
  • Props 1

34 minutes ago, Diesu said:

Being Lefty handwriting was always a cunt mission because my hand smudged whatever i'd just written left to right so holding the hand off the page while pushing the pen down becomes tiring after a few lines. 

Do banging flare tags tho 😁

I find it better to fill out forms bottom right to top left.  Dont have to worry about smudging ink with the butt of your hand. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

7 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

This is my drunk penmanship. I’ll post sober ones and see the difference.

C3E22334-F216-4DF6-BA90-43DEC0C74E1D.jpeg

Not terribly different. Sober is a little tighter. Fucked up spelling “quick” in cursive bc too many humps. 

Top and bottom are my everyday. I almost never use cursive. Honestly has probably been years since I wrote in it.

37BA47C5-A094-448F-9C11-EF6935D72E76.jpeg

• Like 2