is Cappadonna the best wu tang member?

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I was on Gravediggaz in 8th grade - 36 Chambers came out when I was a freshman.

Took a minute, it was an acquired taste. As a white boy I mostly listened to grunge type shit and punk in middle school.

I was introduced to Run DMC in 88 and I dug on Digital Underground. 

Once I found the East Coast rap sound and started writing it was a wrap, that became my shit and still is to this day. Started writing around 12 yro but my first solid writing partner was freshman year and he was heavy into the East Coast sound.

Very few additions to my musical catalog this century - Golden Era of Rap set my standards high as fuck. 

Edited by fat ralphy
  • Like 3
  • Truth 1

36 Chambers was my first real rap/hip hop album experience.  I think I was in the 8th grade as well.  My older brother brought it into the house.  

I got to see GZA tour the anniversary of Liquid Swords in 2019 (for some reason he was touring the 24th anniversary? I dunno) right before Covid times.  He kinda mailed it in lol, but it was worth it.

Edited by metronome
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@ndvI hear you. Being from the Midwest, we didn't listen to east coast rap or as my man used to call it that "yo son" bullshit. JayZ, Nas, mobb deep. None of that. I didn't discover reasonable doubt til I was in my early 20s lol. 

What were you listening to? Crucial Conflict?

• Truth 1

Twista, bone thugs, OutKast, goodie mobb, do or die, 3 6 Mafia, ugk, 8ball & mjg, e40, the click, cbo, x raided, brotha Lynch hung, ganksta nip, also there was like a lot of Miami Bass in the mix, and like I'm not to proud to admit it but there were some fire ass no limit and cash money albums.

@LUGRdouble edit I can't believe I left out the Dayton Family

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • Props 1

18 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Twista, bone thugs, OutKast, goodie mobb, do or die, 3 6 Mafia, ugk, 8ball & mjg, e40, the click, cbo, x raided, brotha Lynch hung, ganksta nip, also there was like a lot of Miami Bass in the mix, and like I'm not to proud to admit it but there were some fire ass no limit and cash money albums.

Solid line up.

Did you have Steady Mobbin Premeditated Drama in rotation?

I bet you had some Dru Down on deck occasionally  too?

• Truth 2

4 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

@mr.yucke40 and brotha lynch were also in heavy rotation out here….

E40s always been my shit. I think I copped my first 40 tape in like 6th or 7th grade and I was hooked.

Duh also cypress hill, the luniz, body count, too short, sir mix a lot had a lot of dope songs.

• Truth 1

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

This exactly what I was listening to.  If not then it was metal. 

• Truth 1

On 6/18/2022 at 12:09 AM, metronome said:

Wu Tang power rankings:

1) GhostFace

2) Raekwan

3) Rebel INS

4) GZA

5) Cappadonna

6) Meth

7) RZA

8 ) Masta Killa

9) ODB

10) UGod

Doesn’t one have to automatically rank rza #1 since he’s not only a dope rapper but also the best conductor annnd creator? Idk I’m not versed enough in all the different avenues to give any real input. Sure did go down the rabbit hole back to back watching all the recent shows and docuseries! 

• Like 1

So I never really grew up into Wu-Tang besides the hits. Born in 1991, i knew CREAM, Chessboxin, and a few assorted hits.

A few years back I decided to give them a solid play-through and I'm still working on it.

IMO Liquid Swords is the best album but that is debate by 1000 metrics

currently giving

Raekwaon - Only built for cuban Links

ghostface - Iron Man

a solid listen through.

I lean slightly towards raekwon, despite loving GZA and various features from ODB, Masta Killa, Cappadonna etc. I don't have the same love for ghostface as many but will give him another listen

• Like 3

I got The Pillage when it first dropped and was so bummed when I first listened to it.

It definitely grew on me. I actually still have it and have listened to the entire album front to back in cars a few times over the past handful of years. Has a few tracks I dig.

I was mass adding a bunch of music to a playlist on Spotify and realized Cap had a bunch of albums come out that I had never heard. Added them, put playlist on random and then had to quickly remove all of them.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3